2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

42 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Just watched this. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=james+morgan+fiu&view=detail&mid=176D8F291F441B7BE00F176D8F291F441B7BE00F&FORM=VIRE

He is fearless in the pocket and will stand and take a hit to deliver a ball. The opposite of Carr. 

His arm strength is not on Herbert or Eason level, but is definitely in the upper half of QBs coming out. He is not overly athletic but can move well enough. Can go through progressions. 

I like him already. Will watch more when I have time.

Man I know you aren't using Bing as your go-to browser!

• Like 5

If we get outbid for Byron Jones (I don’t think we will, I think Jones ends up in Silver & Black), CJ Henderson at 19 has become a serious candidate after his combine. Most already had him graded in the 24-32 range purely based on game tape, but his 4.39 40 time and 20 Bench Reps is utterly ridiculous. Although his refusal to tackle in the run game may be a hard no for Mayock and Gruden. 

With that said, I still prefer Queen and Jefferson at 19 (if no WR at 12) over Henderson. Just a name to keep an eye on. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

If we get outbid for Byron Jones (I don’t think we will, I think Jones ends up in Silver & Black), CJ Henderson at 19 has become a serious candidate after his combine. Most already had him graded in the 24-32 range purely based on game tape, but his 4.39 40 time and 20 Bench Reps is utterly ridiculous. Although his refusal to tackle in the run game may be a hard no for Mayock and Gruden. 

With that said, I still prefer Queen and Jefferson at 19 (if no WR at 12) over Henderson. Just a name to keep an eye on. 

I am down with the idea of a CB at 19 if the board falls that way. But why do you prefer Henderson to Terrell. 

Okudah, Diggs, Terrell, Henderson, Johnson, Fulton was my list. But I am starting to reshuffle it the more I look into the position. 

Trading to zona for Simmons is only way I want to trade up because it may be most affordable. Maybe 12th, 80 and our 4th? 

Then maybe 

19. Jefferson unless ruggs is there.

Edited by roi34
  • Like 1

Just now, OG_C2X said:

I am down with the idea of a CB at 19 if the board falls that way. But why do you prefer Henderson to Terrell. 

Okudah, Diggs, Terrell, Henderson, Johnson, Fulton was my list. But I am starting to reshuffle it the more I look into the position. 

Don’t like Terrell much. Late 2nd Grade for me. 

1. Okudah

Huge Gap. Huge. 

Late 1st grade (barely)

2. CJ Henderson
3. Kristian Fulton

Early 2nd Round Grade:

4. Trevon Diggs

5. Damon Arnette

Mid 2nd Round Grade:

6. Jaylon Johnson

7. Jeff Gladney

Late 2nd Round Grade:

8. AJ Terrell

3rd Round or later for the rest. Recently downgraded Bryce Hall. 

Out of the five 2nd Rounders, the ones that fit our defense the best are Arnette and Johnson. Arnette is physical, can press, and great in run support. And very solid in coverage, Ohio State fans will tell you Arnette was the true coverage demon of the team as no one threw to Okudah. 

Jaylon Johnson is similar to Rock Ya-Sin last year. Physical, press corner, good man coverage, and good run defense. Two differences from Arnette: Jaylon is way thicker/bigger and should be able to handle NFL receivers better, and also Arnette is a bit better pure cover guy. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Well, Henderson jumped to 11 in DJ's latest mock draft. And he had us picking Terrell at 19 (Jeudy at 12 with Lamb still available).

Just looked at DJs mock, wow, lots of same picks as my mock or one off, including the Herbert tumble. Him and I are the first to predict that. 99% think Herbert is a Top 13 lock. I don’t...

Edited by BayRaider

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just looked at DJs mock, wow, lots of same picks as my mock or one off, including the Herbert tumble. Him and I are the first to predict that. 99% think Herbert is a Top 13 lock. I don’t...

He also says it's "highly doubtful" he falls that far.

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t like Terrell much. Late 2nd Grade for me. 

1. Okudah

Huge Gap. Huge. 

Late 1st grade (barely)

2. CJ Henderson
3. Kristian Fulton

Early 2nd Round Grade:

4. Trevon Diggs

5. Damon Arnette

Mid 2nd Round Grade:

6. Jaylon Johnson

7. Jeff Gladney

Late 2nd Round Grade:

8. AJ Terrell

3rd Round or later for the rest. Recently downgraded Bryce Hall. 

Out of the five 2nd Rounders, the ones that fit our defense the best are Arnette and Johnson. Arnette is physical, can press, and great in run support. And very solid in coverage, Ohio State fans will tell you Arnette was the true coverage demon of the team as no one threw to Okudah. 

Jaylon Johnson is similar to Rock Ya-Sin last year. Physical, press corner, good man coverage, and good run defense. Two differences from Arnette: Jaylon is way thicker/bigger and should be able to handle NFL receivers better, and also Arnette is a bit better pure cover guy. 

I like Johnson a lot and think he’s a great for us.  I also think Terrell is a tier below Mullen but he’s still a pretty good prospect.  I don’t hold that Championship game against him too much.  He wasn’t getting burned bad, Chase is just an amazing player and made plays over him.  I wouldn’t mind Terrell, but as a late 2nd to early 3rd prospect.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, roi34 said:

Trading to zona for Simmons is only way I want to trade up because it may be most affordable. Maybe 12th, 80 and our 4th? 

Then maybe 

19. Jefferson unless ruggs is there.

Yeah Arizona’s the trade spot for Simmons.  I think it will cost 12,80,118 and I think the (edit: MAX, not way) we go is 12,81,91

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1