2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I thought last years QB class was horrible, and this years class is miles, miles better, and a good time to select a QB. Had Murray as my #1 Prospect in the draft, although in hindsight, #2 to Bosa. However, I don’t think Murray is even close to Burrow and Tua. That’s how high on Burrow and Tua I am. 

Finley was the smartest and most accurate QB I’ve seen coming out in ages. Football IQ unreal. I knew his arm wasn’t the greatest but it was worse than I anticipated. 

As for Grier, I’d like to see him get a few starts somewhere. 

My final mock of 2019 I had Murray #1, Haskins #15 (not that I agreed with it), and Finley #32 to the Pats. Still shocked the Giants took Daniel Jones. He’s never gonna be a Top 15 QB. 

Thanks for the reply.

The biggest sign of how bad last year's class was that fact that a 5"10" QB got picked 1st overall.... 

A while ago, in the NFL Draft page, a poster compared Finley to Rich Gannon. Smart mobile guy with "middling" arm strength. Finley might do well in Gruden's system, but I wouldn't trade for him. Just wait for him to be cut. 

Grier is in Carolina and got two starts. Zero TDs and 4 INTs. Nobody has a crystal ball, so don't feel bad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steins Gate said:

Thanks for the reply.

The biggest sign of how bad last year's class was that fact that a 5"10" QB got picked 1st overall.... 

A while ago, in the NFL Draft page, a poster compared Finley to Rich Gannon. Smart mobile guy with "middling" arm strength. Finley might do well in Gruden's system, but I wouldn't trade for him. Just wait for him to be cut. 

Grier is in Carolina and got two starts. Zero TDs and 4 INTs. Nobody has a crystal ball, so don't feel bad. 

Yeah I’d like to see Finley in a WCO somewhere. Bengals had him throwing tons of vertical sideline passes. 

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

If we were looking at safety in the draft other than the top 2 (Deloitte & McKinney)who would you look at? 

I really like Ashtyn Davis but pretty sure he’s gone before the 3rd round? 

Terrell Burgess Utah is a guy I was looking at in 4th/5th round. Combine might have pushed him up the boards though? 

ive said it before kyle dugger, hes gonna be just fine in this league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Thanks for the quality post. My rankings are similar, but grades different:

Generational Prospects:

1) Joe Burrow (#1)

2) Tua (#2)

Upper Tier Prospect:

3. Jordan Love (#14)

Mid 2nd Round Grade:

4. Jake Fromm

5. Jacob Eason

6. Justin Herbert

Early 4th Round:

7. James Morgan

Recently downgraded Fromm to a 2nd Rounder, but still would take him over Eason and Herbert given the right system. I still think Fromm can run the Patriots, Saints, and Raiders systems like a Top 10-12 QB. Fromm is money on timing and anticipation throws. 

QB Rankings in 2019: 

(verifiable in QB Prospects 2019 thread) 

1) Kyler Murray (#1)

2) Ryan Finley - Early 2nd

3) Will Grier - Mid 2nd

4) Dwayne Haskins - Late 2nd

5) Drew Lock - Early 3rd

6) Daniel Jones - Early 4th

7) Brett Rypien - Mid 4th

I thought last years QB class was horrible, and this years class is miles, miles better, and a good time to select a QB. Had Murray as my #1 Prospect in the draft, although in hindsight, #2 to Bosa. However, I don’t think Murray is even close to Burrow and Tua. That’s how high on Burrow and Tua I am. 

Finley was the smartest and most accurate QB I’ve seen coming out in ages. Football IQ unreal. I knew his arm wasn’t the greatest but it was worse than I anticipated. 

As for Grier, I’d like to see him get a few starts somewhere. 

My final mock of 2019 I had Murray #1, Haskins #15 (not that I agreed with it), and Finley #32 to the Pats. Still shocked the Giants took Daniel Jones. He’s never gonna be a Top 15 QB. 

Moral of the story. You suck at Evaluating QBs.

I'll save everyone the time "look who's talking. you think Carr is better then Mahomes." Ya Ya Ya.

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 2

Just now, Gannon12 said:

Pot meet kettle 

Lol at one point in my life I was a D1 QB. Worked with Dan Ourlads and George Whitfield. And coach QBs at a Texas Highschool.

But yes please keep pointing out how you know me then me please.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Moral of the story. You suck at Evaluating QBs.

I'll save everyone the time "look who's talking. you think Carr is better then Mahomes." Ya Ya Ya.

How do I suck? Finley, Haskins, Jones, and Grier were all similar and absolutely terrible last year. And didn’t have 1st Round grade on any of em. 

Most of you were saying Murray and Haskins were 1a and 1b which was severely laughable. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

How do I suck? Finley, Haskins, Jones, and Grier were all similar and absolutely terrible last year. 

Most of you were saying Murray and Haskins were 1a and 1b which was severely laughable. 

Daniel Jones round 4 grade? Lololol he was the best QB in the draft, and the only QB I had with a first round grade. He is easily a QBotF in New York. He is needed to sit a year but his experience was invaluable. He will probably start off slow and finish very strong next year.

Murray wasn't on my draft board. He was undraftable IMo. He will not be in the NFL when his rookie contract finishes up. He is a better baseball player then football and will struggle next year big time.

Haskins, Grier and Lock had second round grades. And were interesting as a developmental players but never expected them to be quality NFL starters.  

Finely is not talented enough to be a NFL player. He might have a future as a coach. He is Ryan Lindley who I was high on coming out of college. 

Just now, OG_C2X said:

Daniel Jones round 4 grade? Lololol he was the best QB in the draft, and the only QB I had with a first round grade. He is easily a QBotF in New York. He is needed to sit a year but his experience was invaluable. He will probably start off slow and finish very strong next year.

Murray wasn't on my draft board. He was undraftable IMo. He will not be in the NFL when his rookie contract finishes up. He is a better baseball player then football and will struggle next year big time.

Haskins, Grier and Lock had second round grades. And were interesting as a developmental players but never expected them to be quality NFL starters.  

Finely is not talented enough to be a NFL player. He might have a future as a coach. He is Ryan Lindley who I was high on coming out of college. 

Basically all I need to know. I enjoy conversation with you. Just not about QBs whether it’s the draft or current NFL. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Basically all I need to know. I enjoy conversation with you. Just not about QBs whether it’s the draft or current NFL. 

Maybe humble yourself bud... I agree with most of your other Evaluations. You just can't evaluate a QB to save your life. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

And a guy I’m higher on than most, and still not mentioned around here much (just seems to be a FF thing in particular) is Brandon Aiyuk. Just love him. He is going to develop into one of the best play making WRs in the NFL, mark my words. 

I will. 

Aiyuk needs to show he can be more physical. He's exactly what Mayock referenced when talking about first round WRs struggling at the next level. You can't always win with finesse, you have to be physical enough beat tough corners and make contested catches. Most his highlights are catch and run type stuff or running wide open. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

Thanks for the reply.

I liked Grier in the 3rd last year lol

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Maybe humble yourself bud... I agree with most of your other Evaluations. You just can't evaluate a QB to save your life. 

I’m sorry but Murray as not a Top 7 Round Prospect and Derek Carr is a better QB than Mahomes both as a Prospect and NFL Player are the two worst takes I’ve seen when it comes to QB. And just about everyone here agrees with that. I’m sure the usual three will like your post, BP, Totty, and Dessie due to it being a BayHaterade post, but your QB Evals are the worst on the planet. 

25 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m sorry but Murray as not a Top 7 Round Prospect and Derek Carr is a better QB than Mahomes both as a Prospect and NFL Player are the two worst takes I’ve seen when it comes to QB. And just about everyone here agrees with that. I’m sure the usual three will like your post, BP, Totty, and Dessie due to it being a BayHaterade post, but your QB Evals are the worst on the planet. 

You better not leave this forum. I can't wait to remind you how wrong you are. You are not a scout, you don't know what makes a good QB. You fall in love with the most recent flash in a pan QB and look for Comps, like the rest of FANS. 

Carr and the Raiders will win the AFC over Mahomes this year.

Murray will not be on an NFL roster in 4 years. And will struggle massively this year.

Mahomes will struggle through injury riddled seasons for the next few years and eventually fade and he and his massive 200M contract will be released. 

These QBs like Kaepernick, Allen, Mahomes, and Love will never last. They will never be the norm. They will always be a flash in the pan and then fade.

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Murray did win OROY decent rookie season, tho I'm not high on him myself undraftable is a bit much.

• Like 1