2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

49 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Hey @BayRaider remember when you called Jacob Eason a younger modern day version of Kenny Stabler? Good times

I appreciate someone calling BayRaider out on his crap... I gave up! But I was genuinely confused when he started pimping Love.

After him gushing about Eason, I prepared to listen to the Eason love affair all offseason.

This Love Train he is on threw me for a loop at first. Now I realized it's a just a very "democratic" approach. They are alll about "Anyone but Trump." BayRaider is on that "Anyone but Carr" campaign. I genuinely feel like he hates Carr more then he likes the Raiders. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I appreciate someone calling BayRaider out on his crap... I gave up! But I was genuinely confused when he started pimping Love.

After him gushing about Eason, I prepared to listen to the Eason love affair all offseason.

This Love Train he is on threw me for a loop at first. Now I realized it's a just a very "democratic" approach. They are alll about "Anyone but Trump." BayRaider is on that "Anyone but Carr" campaign. I genuinely feel like he hates Carr more then he likes the Raiders. 

I'm critical of Carr, but I agree. Unless you have a path to upgrade the position via FA or draft, you have to endure. Not a fan of that necessarily, but it's the prudent thing to do. There are only 2 QBs in the draft I drop Carr for and neither are in play at 12.

And you are right... when you get singularly focused "Anyone but Carr" then you will pimp a guy with glaring holes in his game like Love because if you squint, he kinda looks like Mahomes. 

I like Love, but he is boom or bust and will need a patient team with solid coaching staff ala Mahomes to realize potential. 

The 2020 season is going to be exhausting because the anti-Carr crowd WANTS him to fail over the actual success of the team. That's a real thing we have to face.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm critical of Carr, but I agree. Unless you have a path to upgrade the position via FA or draft, you have to endure. Not a fan of that necessarily, but it's the prudent thing to do. There are only 2 QBs in the draft I drop Carr for and neither are in play at 12.

And you are right... when you get singularly focused "Anyone but Carr" then you will pimp a guy with glaring holes in his game like Love because if you squint, he kinda looks like Mahomes. 

I like Love, but he is boom or bust and will need a patient team with solid coaching staff ala Mahomes to realize potential. 

The 2020 season is going to be exhausting because the anti-Carr crowd WANTS him to fail over the actual success of the team. That's a real thing we have to face.

I agree on most of this.

Iffy on Tua because of the injury history.

And I don't want Carr to fail. I am all for building up the defense and making the playoffs. Even WITH Carr. 

On 7/3/2019 at 4:29 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

You're not wrong. But some guys you can't pass on. I'd say Young and Espenesa fit in that category. Especially because rotating pass rushers and having depth is super important. Obviously I'd love for one of Key/Crosby to hit it out of the park, but it's a wait and see.

I’d agree with all that minus Epenesa.  I’m not just going off combine numbers, the guy has speed and flexibility issues.  He’s more of a 3-4 DE then anything.  It’s hard to get sacks in nfl is you only have a bull rush.

6 hours ago, Chali21 said:

It’s still a month away a lot can change. Besides Coachella is way different, last year i believe there was an outbreak of herpes there. That sort of thing doesn’t happen at the draft. Lol

They are starting to cancel all big events. Soccer games are being played with no fans in Europe. This virus is growing quick, I expect no fans 

Edited by Humble_Beast

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

They are starting to cancel all big events. Soccer games are being played with no fans in Europe.

this whole thing is bizarre. its the flu, it has a low infection rate. and a 99.97% cure rate for people under 50.

lol there is a company that is paying $7000 for people to be given coronavirus for drug trials. They pay more for flu drug trials. 

1 minute ago, OG_C2X said:

this whole thing is bizarre. its the flu, it has a low infection rate. and a 99.97% cure rate for people under 50.

lol there is a company that is paying $7000 for people to be given coronavirus for drug trials. They pay more for flu drug trials. 

I’m torn on on side I’m like it’s just the flu then you see Italy is shut down people getting quarantined and supplies getting rationed. 

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Watch the game tape, his accuracy is money. Sure he throws a ton of risky throws. Risky throws is not “inaccuracy”. His coach has given him full control of the offense and encourages him to make plays since he has zero talent on his offensive roster. Obviously this will have a drastic affect on accuracy analytics. Yes? Have to look at substance. This is why analytics come no where even close to game tape. 

When stats aren’t in your favor go with the old “game tape” explanation.... nice.  Really liked the double down when you said “have to look at substance”.  Cuz when us  newbs watch a game we’re not looking at substance like the upper level scouts like you are.

As an incredible petty person on certain issues (think A gentile-Larry David), I actually have begun to respect your arguments.  When you make a stand you defend it in the face off evidence.  Not to say those stats are definitive, but they do contradict your stance.

if you wanted to say “hey, I just have aM incredible gut feel that Love’s gonna be great... I’d bet my last dollar on it!” then fair play.  Hey we’d all respect a man whose willing to river boat gamble on his beliefs.  But you don’t do that.  You bash Carr with quasi stats and then pump up Love and Push aside similar quasi stats that go against your belief.

what I really like if the idea that Carr has to go cuz he can’t lead a poor roster to a SB but Love... well Love is an amazing talent and any alleged issues are a result of the poor talent around him.  

it’s actually incredibly ironic the Carr vs Love debate is.  While being different style players the arguments for and against each one mirror the other incredibly.  Carr is a version of Love accept Love will throw stare down a WR and toss an INT and never see it coming and Carr will hold onto the ball and check down or spike it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m torn on on side I’m like it’s just the flu then you see Italy is shut down people getting quarantined and supplies getting rationed. 

The average age for the people that have died in italy... 82.

A bad flu could have just as easily taken them out. It's just another election year "outbreak" 04 was SARS, 08 was Avian, 12 was MERS, 16 was Zika.

• Like 4

I really don't understand why Ruggs is getting so much love everywhere. WRs under 6"0 and 190 rarely go in the top half of the 1st. Then there's his college production which is nothing great (and i know Alabama has other very good WRs but if you're a top 10 to 15 pick you're going to get involved a lot in your college offense anyway). I haven't watched him enough to say if he'll be good or not but at his size, he'd have to be incredibly good to justify a pick in the range he's generally projected. I can't buy into the hype with that guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

In the US someone is paying 7k? Who? I really want to signup lol