2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think Hopkins is a good comp. I've always used comps to show what type of player a prospect will be in the NFL. For example, to me, Hopkins is a category of player that includes a category of players like Adams and Crabtree. The 6'2"ish receiving who wins with route savvy, strong hands, and body control.

That’s how comps are suppose to work.  Some people unfortunately think it’s suppose to Dictate success and stats.  Two similar players can have similar all the way to drastic outcome differences.  It’s really just a simple who does he remind you of in play style.

• Like 1

I really do Love Lambs aggressiveness plus his ups and hands.  Yes, he’s a bit lacking in some areas but he’s got that alpha mentality of just throw it up, I’m gonna take it” to the QB and “that’s mine so *** down little n*” to the CB. 
if we can’t get Simmons in a trade up he’s definitely the guy I want.  I honestly doubt he gets past 8:Az or 11:Jets.  It’s almost like we have to trade up to get either.

id rather get a LB1, playmaker on defense or WR1 playmaker then Jeudy and 2 3rds/4th.  
I don’t want to have another ‘16 Draft, where we sat at 14 and got stuck taking Joseph in the first then Calhoun in 3rd and Cook in 4th.  Even on draft day I’d have given up all 3 for Tunsil, one pick higher.

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s how comps are suppose to work.  Some people unfortunately think it’s suppose to Dictate success and stats.  Two similar players can have similar all the way to drastic outcome differences.  It’s really just a simple who does he remind you of in play style.

Hines Ward was mentioned.  I think that is a GREAT comparison.  Don't bash me.. but

Willingness to be physical.  Won't go down on first contact.  YAC monster.  Won't have too many 80 yard scoring bombs... but will have many 20-30 yard conversions that started as a drag route.  I am no scout, but that Ward comparison hit home.

5 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

I don't think the Raiders should draft him at all, but I would gladly eat crow if he proves me wrong. 

Ive never seen much value in the 3rd-4th round QBs.  Maybe put past Tui’s abd Walter’s jaded me, but it’s either a top 40 QB or a late round flier.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ive never seen much value in the 3rd-4th round QBs.  Maybe put past Tui’s abd Walter’s jaded me, but it’s either a top 40 QB or a late round flier.

Cousins and Dak did well for themselves, but I see what you are saying. It doesn't seem to work for the Raiders. Historically, the Raiders do best when drafting a QB in the 2nd round (Stabler and Carr). 

32 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Cousins and Dak did well for themselves, but I see what you are saying. It doesn't seem to work for the Raiders. Historically, the Raiders do best when drafting a QB in the 2nd round (Stabler and Carr). 

Obviously drafting one in the first is a fail for the Raiders. 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Steins Gate said:

Lamb has a number of comps that I could use. When blocking, he is like Hines Ward. His hands are very strong like an Anquan Boldin. His frame and style are similar to Hopkins. 

Is there really a good comp for him? 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ceedee-lamb?id=32194c41-4d13-8457-fcbe-d37fdbd87233

Lance Zierlein compares him to Chad Johnson which I like that comparison. Good not elite speed. Great route runner. Plays physical off the LOS and in contested catches.

He is much more Chad Johnson than Jerry Jeudy who is way more finesse and a technician in his routes which was not Chad's game at all.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Ian Wharton a paid professional who is well respected in the field did EXACTLY that and conclusions... accuracy was suspect. You are IGNORING facts to fit your narrative (homerism). 

Further, you have no idea what his coaches asked him to do. That is a made up assumption based on nothing.

Lastly, homerism is making consistent excuses and bending things to your favor in effort to encourage others to like a prospect. Or further calling his skill set "once in a blue moon" while ignoring he's not the best athlete in the QB class and doesn't have the best arm in the class. 

I like Love. I was among the first to talk about him in the forum (while you were jocking Eason who you completely flipped on). 

I can rationally look at his traits, while same time acknowledging his major flaws in accuracy, decision making and simplified college offense where he made 1 read. 

Cool, you got one paid professional. I have three in Orlovsky, JT, Daniel Jeremiah, and more by the day saying his accuracy is totally fine and he needs to work on decision making. Accuracy is NOT the problem. This is literally a made up narrative by you. 

Then you go on to talk about how Herberts checks all the boxes and has good accuracy when his accuracy is actually horrendous which is a pretty universal opinion. You’ve been dead wrong on QBs throughout the years. What you see in Herbert is exactly the terrible analysis you saw in the other QBs. We will add him to your long list of Failed Man Crushes. Like, like I literally cannot see what you see in him. At the end of the day, it’s about end results. Save these posts because Love will be dominant and Herbert will be well below average and you will be wrong, as always. Although you are a narcissist and will still try to spin it like you are right. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Cool, you got one paid professional. I have three in Orlovsky, JT, Daniel Jeremiah, and more by the day saying his accuracy is totally fine and he needs to work on decision making. Accuracy is NOT the problem. This is literally a made up narrative by you. 

Then you go on to talk about how Herberts checks all the boxes and has good accuracy when his accuracy is actually horrendous which is a pretty universal opinion. You’ve been dead wrong on QBs throughout the years. What you see in Herbert is exactly the terrible analysis you saw in the other QBs. We will add him to your long list of Failed Man Crushes. Like, like I literally cannot see what you see in him. At the end of the day, it’s about end results. Save these posts because Love will be dominant and Herbert will be well below average and you will be wrong, as always. Although you are a narcissist and will still try to spin it like you are right. 

Me in 2024...That's about how long it will take to see who's right.

Image result for eating popcorn gif

• Like 1