2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, doctordeath said:

We still need a third starter, at least a part-time caliber starter. Marquel Lee is not it.

One of them (Littleton/Kwiatkowski) goes down, there goes what our defense is predicated on. And, them shaking out isn't a guarantee either.

I believe, and feel, that LB is still at the top of our needs.

I don't see how a part-time linebacker would be near the top of the team's needs with glaring needs at corner and receiver. Lee and a 3rd, 4th round player would be just fine.

• Like 3

Just now, Rich7sena said:

I don't see how a part-time linebacker would be near the top of the team's needs with glaring needs at corner and receiver. Lee and a 3rd, 4th round player would be just fine.

Yeah it's not high on the list. We need to get FAST in the secondary and add some playmakers who can take the ball away.

• Like 1

I think we should try and add one of the better CBs left then wait for some good deals at DL and etc once teams blow their cash.  
I don’t see any good remaining DE’s worth the cash and I really was impressed with Jordan last year plus have high hopes for Key, but I get people being less optimistic.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think we should try and add one of the better CBs left then wait for some good deals at DL and etc once teams blow their cash.  
I don’t see any good remaining DE’s worth the cash and I really was impressed with Jordan last year plus have high hopes for Key, but I get people being less optimistic.

The rotation of Mayowa and Key was legit good to start the year on passing downs, and Jordan was even better than Key when Key went down. I was out on Key early (like all the way out), but he's earned a spot in the passing downs rotation. I would also like to bring back Jordan.

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Honestly, this is a weird situation on the market where anyone with good production/youth is getting way too much. I don't want to pay a journeyman DE 10+mil for a smidge of production. I'd for sure resign Dion Jordan because he can rush inside and outside. As far as Mayowa, if he's willing to take a small, modest deal I'd like him back. Arden Key also had back to back sacks before his foot injury and can become a good rotational pass rusher under Marinelli.

What we need is a dominating interior DL who can make everyone better. Buckner is that kinda guy, but we're not in a position to be giving up draft capital the way Indy did. Maliek Collins could be a start in FA.

I wouldn't mind Vic Beasley as a pure 3rd down edge guy.

Otherwise, the draft is the best option. Anae is a guy I like because of his versatility and pass rush moves.

I agree and I have loved the patience we have shown and the value we received with our signings.  Now that I have done some research on Kwickouski I feel he will be an absolute steal and the leader on the middle of this D for years. Littleton is a stud and we got tremendous value in his signing.  

I'm with you on there not being much out there in free agency when it comes to edge rushers.  

A dominant interior D lineman who can rush the passer is a must and the more I think about it the more I think Kinlaw is in play at 12.  Depending on how the rest of free agency shakes out I would not be disappointed if we come away with Brown or Kinlaw at 12 and a CB/S at 19.  We could wait until the 3rd or trade up for a WR if one slips into the 2nd that we like.  

If we can land a CB or Safety in FA our D will be rounding into form on paper.  They would still have to preform but so far I have liked what I have seen.  

• Like 1

New mock draft (I never do these but bear with me):

This is what I'd do and I can see some of these moves being Mayock/Gruden moves:

12: Ceedee Lamb

Trusty, football player at his core, reminds me so much of DeAndre Hopkins.

Trade 19 down to ~25-28 for a 3rd: Xavier Mckinney

"Coaches son" kinda kid. Can play every position in the secondary. Super underrated. Has the range to be a good FS and doesn't have noticeable weaknesses in his game. Guenther will push for this one.

2nd: KJ Hamler (Package 2 3rds to move up into the late)

Insanely underrated. We get a bit "KC-like" with this pick. I'll scream if we can land him and I think depth and not running a 40 will push him down. Gruden will push for this one.

3:Troy Pride Jr

Notre dame Mayock kinda guy here. Smart, great attitude, athletic. Honestly, the only reason he'll be here is good CB depth.

Dantzler is another option because of his slow 40 pushing him down. He may not be here because of his good athletic testing.

3:Bradlee Anae

PG will push for this guy. Tons of refinement. Nasty smart football player. Can play all over the DL.

4:Akeem Davis-Gaither

Will drop because of small school status and inconsistency. Not ready to start, but HUGE upside here. Can become a starter by year 2-3. Doesn't need to be much until then.

Edited by MrOaktown_56

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree and I have loved the patience we have shown and the value we received with our signings.  Now that I have done some research on Kwickouski I feel he will be an absolute steal and the leader on the middle of this D for years. Littleton is a stud and we got tremendous value in his signing.  

I'm with you on there not being much out there in free agency when it comes to edge rushers.  

A dominant interior D lineman who can rush the passer is a must and the more I think about it the more I think Kinlaw is in play at 12.  Depending on how the rest of free agency shakes out I would not be disappointed if we come away with Brown or Kinlaw at 12 and a CB/S at 19.  We could wait until the 3rd or trade up for a WR if one slips into the 2nd that we like.  

If we can land a CB or Safety in FA our D will be rounding into form on paper.  They would still have to preform but so far I have liked what I have seen.  

Vic keeps saying he's raw (he actually probably knows more but the Raiders don't want him to say anything after he kinda ruled out Josh Allen last year) so I think we bring in Collins and roll mainly with our group. I do think Kinlaw is worth a pick at 12. A dominating IDL is literally one of the most valuable positions in football. Probably top 5.

I think LB in the first is totally off the board now unless Simmons falls to 12, that would just be a case of far and away BPA. 

I like Murray and Queen but we brought in two guys that are going to start, in this day and age of the NFL you just can't justify investing 60 million dollars at the LB spot and a first round pick, especially in the same off season when you have the expectation that the vets will pay off. We can throw Lee in at SLB, bring back Morrow for depth, and draft a guy in the 3rd or 4th round that can get his feet wet, play special teams, and grow into a potential starter down the road (much like Littleton started off). 

I also doubt DT is in play in the first round. Hall and Hurst needed competition but they still deserve snaps. Collins is a proven, productive pass rushing DT, and Hankins is a damn fine NT. I don't see the justification for a guy in the first at this point. 

I think we'll be looking at a draft of Lamb or Jeudy in the first round, whichever one falls or whoever is higher on our big board. 

At 19 I think DB is the likely play. Delpit is certainly in play, and makes a lot of sense considering what the front office preached last year. Not to mention he really compliments Abram well. My early prediction is Lamb and Delpit at 12 and 19, but we'll obviously see how the rest of free agency plays out and how the board falls. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

I think LB in the first is totally off the board now unless Simmons falls to 12, that would just be a case of far and away BPA. 

I like Murray and Queen but we brought in two guys that are going to start, in this day and age of the NFL you just can't justify investing 60 million dollars at the LB spot and a first round pick, especially in the same off season when you have the expectation that the vets will pay off. We can throw Lee in at SLB, bring back Morrow for depth, and draft a guy in the 3rd or 4th round that can get his feet wet, play special teams, and grow into a potential starter down the road (much like Littleton started off). 

I also doubt DT is in play in the first round. Hall and Hurst needed competition but they still deserve snaps. Collins is a proven, productive pass rushing DT, and Hankins is a damn fine NT. I don't see the justification for a guy in the first at this point. 

I think we'll be looking at a draft of Lamb or Jeudy in the first round, whichever one falls or whoever is higher on our big board. 

At 19 I think DB is the likely play. Delpit is certainly in play, and makes a lot of sense considering what the front office preached last year. Not to mention he really compliments Abram well. My early prediction is Lamb and Delpit at 12 and 19, but we'll obviously see how the rest of free agency plays out and how the board falls. 

I agree with this, looking 12 @WR (don't sleep on Ruggs)

19- FS or CB or trade down

20 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Now that we have signed Collins I agree.  Looks like WR at 12 and CB or S at 19.  The more i research Lamb the more I like his game.  

Tried telling you this lol

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jeudy Lamb is going to be really tough. I think Jeudy edges Lamb, but Lamb has more upside and is a better fit for us.

I haven't done extensive research on Jeudy but what scares me is that he has had issues with drops, slender frame, isn't great on contested catches and hasn't been tested much against press coverage but what scares me most isn't necessary his fault.... 

He essentially played on a pro team in college that is littered with talent.  His QB was Tua who is allegedly going in the top 10 (I don't see it but that's another story), played alongside Ruggs which opposing coordinators had to factor into the game plan.  Is he truly elite of was he the benefactor of running free because there were so many other weapons that garnered attention.  The same can't be said with Lamb, who stepped up this season and dominated as the focal point of the O.  I'm going with Lamb all day long but I need to do more research on Jeudy.

• Like 1