2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

9 minutes ago, Drained said:

So say Jeudy is taken before no.12 (I'm thinking this is looking less likely after the Combine) and then Lamb/Ruggs III drop to no. 19, who would you guys prefer?

Lamb has better hands and is a better route runner than Ruggs, which (I'm not as educated on this but) probably plays to Carr's strengths, but Ruggs isn't that bad in those departments either plus the speed is so important especially in today's NFL.

It's a tough debate. I think there will be lots of speed still available so I would go with Lamb because he'll help us most in the RZ/on 3rd down. We are already good at 1st/2nd down and we need to run a very efficient move the chains offense to beat KC. We can't run that offense without a #1 WR to put everyone else in better positions to succeed, win contested catches, and be a menace in the RZ.  Lamb can do all of that. Plus he's a real YACster, which is always a pro in Gruden's offense.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I do think he's a guy who strongly contributed to Utah's success along with Anae and Zack Moss. Those are the kind of guys you want on your football team.

Johnson has average to below average physical tools across the board which is likely why he's lower on most peoples boards.

I vastly enjoyed this, covers some pros and cons, but goes over the special throws that only Love can make in this class. I don’t think he touches Burrow/Tua as a Prospect but I think he’s a Top 15 Player in this class and a potential Franchise QB, more likely than not. 

I personally don’t think he gets past the Panthers at 7, but I’m curious what Mayock/Gruden think of him if he falls to 12, or even 19. 

36 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ferrell was terribly misused as a rookie and got sick halfway through the year. Give him a year in the weight room and lets see how he does as a full time edge. He certainly came on a bit later in the year.

I could see Ferrell making a big jump this year. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I vastly enjoyed this, covers some pros and cons, but goes over the special throws that only Love can make in this class. I don’t think he touches Burrow/Tua as a Prospect but I think he’s a Top 15 Player in this class and a potential Franchise QB, more likely than not. 

I personally don’t think he gets past the Panthers at 7, but I’m curious what Mayock/Gruden think of him if he falls to 12, or even 19. 

Love has to clean up so many things before he'll ever be able to start in the NFL. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Love has to clean up so many things before he'll ever be able to start in the NFL. 

As did Mahomes and so many other QBs in the NFL. Mahomes would of been horrible if he started Week 1. Although I realize Love has a lot more things to clean up than Mahomes. 

Love would obviously be redshirted the entire 2020 season minus maybe Week 17, for whatever team drafts him. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

As did Mahomes and so many other QBs in the NFL. Mahomes would of been horrible if he started Week 1. Although I realize Love has a lot more things to clean up than Mahomes. 

Love would obviously be redshirted the entire 2020 season minus maybe Week 17, for whatever team drafts him. 

Mahomes is also much more talented than Love, which is the important thing.

Mahomes is still pretty much the player he was at Texas Tech, except not he's playing with pro talent and under one of the best play-callers and offensive-designers in NFL history.

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Mahomes is also much more talented than Love, which is the important thing.

Mahomes is still pretty much the player he was at Texas Tech, except not he's playing with pro talent and under one of the best play-callers and offensive-designers in NFL history.

Mahomes still had to clean up many things, mechanic and knowledge wise. He also didn’t understand defenses at all at Texas Tech. He even said on record he didn’t know how to read defenses what so ever until his MVP season. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Love is nowhere close to Mahomes in terms of arm talent or ability though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Love is nowhere close to Mahomes in terms of arm talent or ability though. 

Nobody is. Literally no one. 

That’s not the point. Love can do something only Mahomes can do, and that’s throw from a variety of arm slots/angles, on the run, completely accurate. 

Mahomes comparison aside, Love has a great arm, solid accuracy, elite level pocket presence, and good mobility. What he struggles with is timing + ability to read defenses. He gets fooled by disguised zones more than I’d like to admit. 

Edited by BayRaider

Advanced issues found

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Mahomes comparison aside, Love has a great arm, solid accuracy, elite level pocket presence, and good mobility. What he struggles with is timing + ability to read defenses. He gets fooled by disguised zones more than I’d like to admit. 

So Jameis Winston?

Also, the elite level pocket presence seems pretty dubious to me.

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

So Jameis Winston?

Also, the elite level pocket presence seems pretty dubious to me.

Winston throws more 50/50 balls than anyone in the league. Love usually doesn’t see a strategically placed zone. 

Just has to be taught defenses by good coaches. Knowledge is key. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mahomes still had to clean up many things, mechanic and knowledge wise. He also didn’t understand defenses at all at Texas Tech. He even said on record he didn’t know how to read defenses what so ever until his MVP season. 

That was a misquote of Mahomes btw, the next words he said clarified he could read defenses and coverage he was talking about reading tendencies. He was talking about next level MVP things.

Just now, BayRaider said:

Winston throws more 50/50 balls than anyone in the league. Love usually doesn’t see a strategically placed zone. 

Just has to be taught defenses by good coaches. Knowledge is key. 

Winston is a much more apt comp to Love than Mahomes is my point. 

Also, I did not detect 50/50 balls as an issue for Winston--particularly when it came to his interceptions. Like Love, he just doesn't see underneath coverage. This was Winston's problem at FSU, too.

The scary part about Love is I would definitely consider Winston a much better prospect than Love if they were in the same class. Both have similar issues but Winston appeared to have a higher upside. Turns out Winston's upside is tied to his floor; the spectacular throws necessarily come with droves of turnover worthy throws, as well. I think the same is true for Love.