2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d be on board but I really do wanna come away with at least one defensive player. Championship teams have been built by using a majority of draft capital on defense, and that’s what Mayock did last year with Ferrell/Abram/Mullen. 

I could see 12. Love 19. CB (J. Johnson, Terrell, or Fulton)

I think receiver isn’t as important as people make it out to be. We just need a decent starter to start opposite Tyrell. In the 3rd Round you’ll have Pittman, Donovan People-Jones, K.J. Hill, and Van Jefferson to choose from. All four of those guys should be available at Pick 80. 

You know what...there’s no need to force a WR pick at 12 or 19..has anyone seen Denzel Mims? Probably late second rounder? Or Chase Claypool (probably 2nd rounder) is a FREAK..I like freaks...check him out if you haven’t. Guy could be a humongous steal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's pretty important IMO. It can be the difference between being a top 10 offense vs average.

If we can bump tyrell to a 2, renfrow to a 3 and prevent waller from getting doubled, it will be a massive boost. Plus the playmaking ability from the top 3 is definitely a large cut above these guys. Especially from day 1.

There is maybe 12 WR1’s in the league topps any given year. Most teams have two decent WR2s. When is the last time a dominant WR1 won the Super Bowl? 

Pittman and Jefferson can be solid WR2’s in the 3rd Round. I actually really like Van Jefferson. 

We really don’t need a top tier guy like Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb, or J. Jefferson. Although I’d have no issue with it if Mayock selects one of them at 12/19 because they are really good value/BPA.

4 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

You know what...there’s no need to force a WR pick at 12 or 19..has anyone seen Denzel Mims? Probably late second rounder? Or Chase Claypool (probably 2nd rounder) is a FREAK..I like freaks...check him out if you haven’t. Guy could be a humongous steal.

Both been talked about and we dont have a 2nd rounder, plus most want to double dip at WR

5 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

Claypool could be absolutely ridiculous. We would have to trade into the Mid 2nd IMO. And I fully agree we don’t need one of those Top 4 WRs. We really don’t. 

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

There is maybe 12 WR1’s in the league topps any given year. Most teams have two decent WR2s. When is the last time a dominant WR1 won the Super Bowl? 

Pittman and Jefferson can be solid WR2’s in the 3rd Round. I actually really like Van Jefferson. 

We really don’t need a top tier guy like Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb, or J. Jefferson. Although I’d have no issue with it if Mayock selects one of them at 12/19 because they are really good value/BPA.

I don't follow this logic at all. It's not about a dominant #1. It's about a well-rounded offense with threats. You said it yourself. Who do we have at skill positions to gameplan for? Waller and that's about it. If you add a dynamic threat, we can get closer to competing with dynamic offenses like KC, New Orleans, SF, etc. We need that to be able to make the playoffs.

There's no "formula" for being a SB winning team. You need to build a dynamic offense and defense. The offense just needs 1 piece and some depth. Investing 1 pick in the offense is not going to cripple the ability to build the defense at all. But it could have the largest impact/value on our win total next year.

I like Van Jefferson and Michael Pittman too. But they won't fill the role of a dynamic playmaker that takes this offense to the next level. Jeudy, Ruggs, AND Lamb can all do that, albeit in different ways.

I’m going to need serious convincing that any of the WR you guys mentioned will move the needle on their own compared to last year. Granted we didn’t have the full O healthy last year at any point with an emerged Renfrow but I’ll need serious convincing that a maybe #2 WR as a rookie will impact our win total the way a dynamic add will...

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’m going to need serious convincing that any of the WR you guys mentioned will move the needle on their own compared to last year. Granted we didn’t have the full O healthy last year at any point with an emerged Renfrow but I’ll need serious convincing that a maybe #2 WR as a rookie will impact our win total the way a dynamic add will...

I’d be ok with Jeudy at 12 because I think he’ll be a Top 5-6 WR or Ruggs at 19 but Lamb/Ruggs at 12 or Lamb/Jefferson at 19 are just luxury picks to me. 

I’d rather build the defense, plus if there is a QB Mayock/Gruden think is Franchise caliber, that’s 100x more important than WR. And we definitey aren’t picking two offensive players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I’d be ok with Jeudy at 12 because I think he’ll be a Top 5-6 WR or Ruggs at 19 but Lamb/Ruggs at 12 or Lamb/Jefferson at 19 are just luxury picks to me. 

I’d rather build the defense, plus if there is a QB Mayock/Gruden think is Franchise caliber, that’s 100x more important than WR. And we definitey aren’t picking two offensive players. 

Fair. I don’t want two offensive players at all. Would be awful value.

Since I've been stuck at home mostly, going through a mountain of DVRd college football. Two players I absolutely love:

-WR Brandon Aiyuk, AZ state. Not necessarily the best WR prospect but my favorite so far. Just seems to have a more nuanced understanding of route running. Subtle misdirection out of breaks to get himself open.

-CB Amik Robertson from La Tech. As a prospect, reminds me of Tredavious White in the slot with Karl Joseph's tackling. If only he were 3 inches taller. But guy can play.

Not sure of their draft projection or fit on the Raiders. But I will be following their careers regardless.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

Since I've been stuck at home mostly, going through a mountain of DVRd college football. Two players I absolutely love:

-WR Brandon Aiyuk, AZ state. Not necessarily the best WR prospect but my favorite so far. Just seems to have a more nuanced understanding of route running. Subtle misdirection out of breaks to get himself open.

-CB Amik Robertson from La Tech. As a prospect, reminds me of Tredavious White in the slot with Karl Joseph's tackling. If only he were 3 inches taller. But guy can play.

Not sure of their draft projection or fit on the Raiders. But I will be following their careers regardless.

100% agreed on Aiyuk. One of my personal favorites, will be following his career regardless and think he could be a superstar. Just hope it isn’t Denver, my last two mocks have had him going to Denver at Pick 46. 

My Final Mock in April though I’ll probably have him going 24 to New Orleans as I’ve had before already. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

100% agreed on Aiyuk. One of my personal favorites, will be following his career regardless and think he could be a superstar. Just hope it isn’t Denver, my last two mocks have had him going to Denver at Pick 46. 

My Final Mock in April though I’ll probably have him going 24 to New Orleans though. 

Unfortunately that Denver pairing makes a lot of logical sense. 46 seems like a perfect value for him. And Aiyuk at the Z with Sutton at the X is a great pairing. Plus either Fant or Hamilton in the slot. Seems like a great fit. Let's hope Elway does something stupid. 

• Like 1

At 12 I'm wanting one of the top 3 WR's and either....

Give up 19/80/81/91 and our 5th = 1412 for # 8 (1400) if Simmons or Okudah are there.

If we can't trade up then trade down with Indy with 19/91  for 34/44 and get top CB at 34 unless we like a S better there. If S then CB @44. If 34 CB then 44 is double dip WR trip. 80/81 LB's 5th RB or G

I'm really liking the DB's in the high/mid 2nd round or seeing what slips to the 3rd.

Edited by G

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:
1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I’d be on board but I really do wanna come away with at least one defensive player. Championship teams have been built by using a majority of draft capital on defense, and that’s what Mayock did last year with Ferrell/Abram/Mullen. 

I could see 12. Love 19. CB (J. Johnson, Terrell, or Fulton)

I think receiver isn’t as important as people make it out to be. We just need a decent starter to start opposite Tyrell. In the 3rd Round you’ll have Pittman, Donovan People-Jones, K.J. Hill, and Van Jefferson to choose from. All four of those guys should be available at Pick 80. 

I belive it is important. Need a WR who can balance the O... 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ruggs has dynamic speed that alone opens up the entire offense.

• Like 1

Just took another hard look at Fulton for the first time since Early Feb. Still no idea how some think this guy is a Top 20 Prospect. He rarely looks at the ball, penalty machine at the next level. Taking Fulton down quite a bit in future rankings. 

My Likely CB Rankings (have to redo them):

1) Jeff Okudah, by quite a large margin
2) CJ Henderson (don’t think he’s a scheme fit for us though)

3) Jaylon Johnson

4) Trevon Diggs (for a zone team)

5) Damon Arnette

6) AJ Terrell

7) Kristian Fulton

8) Jeff Gladney

These guys are all Top 50 Prospects. After these 8, you basically have a ton of low tier 3rd/4th Round guys. 

2-8 are not all that far apart from each other at all. 

Edited by BayRaider