2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Michael Bennett, Trey Flowers, Joey Bosa, among others would tell you otherwise. He was a better prospect than either coming out. He's similar to Arik Armstead, who was a monster at 4-3 end/sub package inside rusher this year, as well.

I like Okwara later. I like Anae a lot because he's a "toolbox" pass rusher. But I absolutely am staying away from Chiasson in rd1.

There are winners who don’t have speed it’s just risky is all.  It’s all about technique and hands, which he does have.  I don’t dislike Epenesa as a player or think it’d be “bad” to add him I just think there’s far bigger needs, he’s more of a 3/4DE, he’s almost redundant skill set wise to Ferrell and Nassib, you can never have too many rushers but it’s gotta be a good blend of talents/skill sets and we lack speed drastically, Chaisson is a total crapshoot and I’m leery of LSU rushers as Key hasn’t been all world by any means and Mingo was a massive bust.

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

From Matt Miller 

LAS VEGAS: Two first-rounders for Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden leaves the Raiders well-stocked to fill in holes. Don't rule out a quarterback, one source said, but the expectation around the league is a wide receiver early and a middle-of-the-field defender with their second Round 1 pick. That would be a defensive tackle, as the team wants to upgrade there.

So all of a sudden my Blacklock pick at 19 looks pretty good. He’s a lot better than people give him credit for and should go in the 1st Round. Would not be shocked what so ever if Blacklock is the pick. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

So all of a sudden my Blacklock pick at 19 looks pretty good. He’s a lot better than people give him credit for and should go in the 1st Round. Would not be shocked what so ever if Blacklock is the pick. 

Blacklock seems a little redundant with the Collins signing. I still think that Mo Hurst and PJ Hall can be solid players. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'd like to see key get his shot. He looked good pre injury last year.

Absolutely! I wouldn’t bet the farm on Key but he did show good progress last year.  He’s only 23 years old, still.  Next season is his age 24 season.  I do think it’s unrealistic to think if we draft 20yo Chaisson he comes in year one and balls completely out.  Drafting those 20 year olds is risky... they busy often.  Idk but there’s something to the extra year or two of college preparing them physically and mentally for the jump to the NFL.  Maybe those younger rookies just come in and are not ready physically and when they go from “super potential” star draft picks to 2nd year sometimes 3rd year and their still barely starting but only 23/24 (age of most rookies) they can’t adjust and take the next step or just fall out Of favor with the Coaching staff and Front Office.

i know we’ve spoke about this in PM’s but I think all we need to do on the DL is resign Jordan (a cheap option who gives us many of the attributes Epenesa does) and develop Key plus Crosby/Ferrell. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Blacklock seems a little redundant with the Collins signing. I still think that Mo Hurst and PJ Hall can be solid players. 

PJ Hall imo will never take the next step, especially with the small arms. He’s a Reggie pick that Mayock never makes. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Nope still doesn’t.  Just because you found a bleacher report writer to allude to the fact we might take a DT doesn’t give what you think any more credibility than it had before.  

He’s probably alluding to Kinlaw anyways.  And I’m not against Blacklock, just not at 19.  Maybe if we trade with GB for 30 and their 2nd sure.

27 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ill tell you why people are low on him... 5.04 40yd dash (as if you didn’t already know that lol)

Its scary to draft a guy that high who lacks the athleticism to win with speed/burst and agility to bend the corner.  Far more failures than winners.  I think it’s far harder to only win with power... heck even speedy a only speed rusher like Vic Beasley can get 7-8 sacks.

I think he’s gonna have to play in 3-4DE.  I think he’s best taken in the 30-40 range.  Ideally a team like Pitt would be the perfect scheme for him.  Maybe even Balt to eventually replace Calais.

my issue with him is he’s a lesser version of Ferrell and Nassib in many ways.  Not saying their identical players but their DEs that win with power and hands not speed/bend.  i think If we go pass rusher it’s more of a speed guy aka Chaisson, Okawara, or one of the mid round guys like Taylor, Zuniga, Highsmith, Robinson or even a just all around guy like Kareem or Garvin.

I also think AJ is gonna have to play as a 3-4 DE and have him going 28 to Baltimore. 

9 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Nope still doesn’t.  Just because you found a bleacher report writer to allude to the fact we might take a DT doesn’t give what you think any more credibility than it had before.  

He’s probably alluding to Kinlaw anyways.  And I’m not against Blacklock, just not at 19.  Maybe if we trade with GB for 30 and their 2nd sure.

Blacklock probably won’t last to 30. Vikings at 22/25, Seattle at 27, and the Titans at 29. Three teams who desperately need help on the interior. And obviously I think Blacklock is way better than you think he is. You spend too much time on PFF Jim from your previous posts. Almost every single other board has Blacklock as a first round talent. He’s #19 on DJ’s. You know, a former NFL scout from three NFL teams, not PFF who is five guys from a football forum who decided to make a website. 

I feel DT is a way bigger need than fans think it is. 

Edited by BayRaider

Let’s also not forget PFF had Ferrell graded as a 2nd Rounder #36 overall player, and still talk down about the selection.

When it comes to DL in particular, PFF is horrible. I think they have Blacklock at 38 when every other site has him Top 30. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

PJ Hall imo will never take the next step, especially with the small arms. He’s a Reggie pick that Mayock never makes. 

Hall has 31 7/8 arms (and 9 7/8 hands which is pretty large) and that’s only 1/2” less than the next “could be” great/elite DT in Blacklock.  Seems like even a reach for you.  

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yes, 100%.  Blacklock’s good but we got a nice group of DTs already and he doesn’t bring anything great they don’t have.  If he’s there in the late, late first or 2nd and we trade back sure.  But the guys gone from a 5th round pick to “19” without doing anything.  Guys who fly up boards are oven overdrafted.  He was undervalued badly but now he’s being overvalued badly,,, well by some people.  If a DT needy team wants to over draft him, let em.  He’s not elite and we have bigger issues.

43 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Michael Bennett, Trey Flowers, Joey Bosa, among others would tell you otherwise. He was a better prospect than either coming out. He's similar to Arik Armstead, who was a monster at 4-3 end/sub package inside rusher this year, as well.

I like Okwara later. I like Anae a lot because he's a "toolbox" pass rusher. But I absolutely am staying away from Chiasson in rd1.

Michael Bennett is low key a Dallas FA with Rod Marinelli ties that might be a fit with us for like 3 mil if we signed Randall cheap

• Like 1

Can you explain why you think he is a “5th Rounder”? He was never a 5th Rounder. Ever. Like, ever. You claim I make hyperbole statements, but that’s more hyperbole than I’ve ever made. Just because you saw him as a 5th Rounder in a Fan Mock Draft in December or like #15 on WalterFootball who doesn’t watch all the prospects, doesn’t mean he was ever a 5th Rounder. Someone with his traits, first step, and bull rush, would never get out of the Top 40 selections. 

Just because some fan mock or website told you he’s a 5th Rounder doesn’t mean he ever actually was. 

He’s been #18 or #19 on all four versions of DJ big board dating back to January 4th or so. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

Let’s also not forget PFF had Ferrell graded as a 2nd Rounder #36 overall player, and still talk down about the selection.

When it comes to DL in particular, PFF is horrible. I think they have Blacklock at 38 when every other site has him Top 30. 

Bro I don’t want to get into this tick for tack game today.  I’ve never gone off a PFF score or Rating ever.  I’ve only used their stats.  That’s all their good for. Their egotistical jerks on youtube too, can’t stand them.  But stats are stats and when “opinions” are often just peoples feelings and not centered in anything concrete it’s often good to use data as a tool to make your point.

and you can find 45 players in first rounds or at 19-25 on someone’s big board this time of year.  Your just looking for empirical to support your claim.

furthermore, it seems like your making this personal because I don’t like you personally.  I think he’d be an ok but not good value pick for Minn@25 or Seattle@27 yet you keep implying that I drastically value him low, yadda yadda.  No we have him in the same ballpark and you just are (in my opinion over) projecting potential.