2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

16 minutes ago, roi34 said:

He's never dropped a pass of 20 yards or more in his college career

Cuz that boys a beast!  Some of those cuts and moves in the video looked like some average HS highlight tape of an nfl player.... but that was against big time college teams and players 

From Matt Miller 

LAS VEGAS: Two first-rounders for Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden leaves the Raiders well-stocked to fill in holes. Don't rule out a quarterback, one source said, but the expectation around the league is a wide receiver early and a middle-of-the-field defender with their second Round 1 pick. That would be a defensive tackle, as the team wants to upgrade there.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

From Matt Miller 

LAS VEGAS: Two first-rounders for Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden leaves the Raiders well-stocked to fill in holes. Don't rule out a quarterback, one source said, but the expectation around the league is a wide receiver early and a middle-of-the-field defender with their second Round 1 pick. That would be a defensive tackle, as the team wants to upgrade there.

I could see Brown if he slips or Kinlaw as one of the 1st 2 picks and dont rule out Chaisson either.  Most fans think we are set at Edge but getting a premuim edge rusher like Chassion will do wonders for our pass rush.  I can't stress how important improving our pass rush is for this D and I would not be shocked to see a 3T or Edge with one of our first 2 picks. 

At this point I am only on board with Lamb at 12 if we go WR but I'm also not sure the value is there for any WR in the top 20 with such a deep class.  

I would be on board with waiting for a WR, picking up a CB, Edge or 3T who can generate a pass rush from the interior.  A QB with one of our 2 1st rounders would be a terrible move and doesn't make sense.  How many QB's will we carry and Gruden allegedly loves everyone on our roster besides Carr.  I'm not buying that trash for 1 second. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I could see Brown if he slips or Kinlaw as one of the 1st 2 picks and dont rule out Chaisson either.  Most fans think we are set at Edge but getting a premuim edge rusher like Chassion will do wonders for our pass rush.  I can't stress how important improving our pass rush is for this D and I would not be shocked to see a 3T or Edge with one of our first 2 picks. 

At this point I am only on board with Lamb at 12 if we go WR but I'm also not sure the value is there for any WR in the top 20 with such a deep class.  

I would be on board with waiting for a WR, picking up a CB, Edge or 3T who can generate a pass rush from the interior.  A QB with one of our 2 1st rounders would be a terrible move and doesn't make sense.  How many QB's will we carry and Gruden allegedly loves everyone on our roster besides Carr.  I'm not buying that trash for 1 second. 

I agree.  I could see them going after Espenesa or Matos if they're available at 19.  I think Chaisson is a bit light and we already have that kinda player in Key.

I want Lamb if he's there at 12.  No expectations at 19 at this point, other than best defensive player available.

4 minutes ago, true2form said:

I agree.  I could see them going after Espenesa or Matos if they're available at 19.  I think Chaisson is a bit light and we already have that kinda player in Key.

I want Lamb if he's there at 12.  No expectations at 19 at this point, other than best defensive player available.

I disagree with your assessment on Chaisson and the comparison to key.  If he is there at 19 he is a better prospect than either Espenesa or Matos.  

Chaisson is raw but his upside potential is through the roof.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I disagree with your assessment on Chaisson and the comparison to key.  If he is there at 19 he is a better prospect than either Espenesa or Matos.  

Chaisson is raw but his upside potential is through the roof.  

I worry about him dealing with bigger linemen on the inside gets engulfed a lot but on the outside OMG he is legit. Good leader too which is huge. 

if we didn’t have our des id be all over Matos 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I worry about him dealing with bigger linemen on the inside gets engulfed a lot but on the outside OMG he is legit. Good leader too which is huge. 

if we didn’t have our des id be all over Matos 

Chaisson is raw and needs to add some weight but the upside is through the roof and he is only 20.  DE is a premium position and has been a huge hole for us for so long i cant remember.

You can never have too many good edge rushers and we have very little depth behind Maxx and Ferrel.  

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Don't forget Chaisson is only 20, could see he really improve in the pros.....

The guy is an athletic freak too.  His body type reminds me of Danielle Hunter.  I am not saying he will be Hunter, I am just comparing his body type.

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Don't forget Chaisson is only 20, could see he really improve in the pros.....

I believe he’s only played the position for a couple years? I remember hearing that somewhere.

id be happy with him at 19 if he makes it there. High Ceiling..but could be low floor 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The guy is an athletic freak too.  His body type reminds me of Danielle Hunter.  I am not saying he will be Hunter, I am just comparing his body type.

I like how most of our starters are filled. In the first round should be about adding overall talent and guys with star potential. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Chaisson is raw and needs to add some weight but the upside is through the roof and he is only 20.  DE is a premium position and has been a huge hole for us for so long i cant remember.

You can never have too many good edge rushers and we have very little depth behind Maxx and Ferrel.  

We need to get to the QB. Right now that is by far our biggest problem. I think Chaisson is good value and id be happy taking a chance on him if he makes it to 19

Edit: our biggest weakness besides having a average nfl QB 

Edited by TheMadStork
  • Like 1

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

I like how most of our starters are filled, In the first round should be about added overall talent and guys with star potential. 

I agree.  I would would be pleased if we wait on WR and come away with an Edge, 3T or Cb with our 1st 2 picks.  

1 minute ago, TheMadStork said:

We need to get to the QB. Right now that is by far our biggest problem. I think Chaisson is good value and id be happy taking a chance on him if he makes it to 19

What about taking him at 12?  He is raw but I would not be pissed if we pulled the trigger there.  Better value than Jeudy or Ruggs at 12 in my opinion.