2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

What about taking him at 12?  He is raw but I would not be pissed if we pulled the trigger there.  Better value than Jeudy or Ruggs at 12 in my opinion.  

I was thinking that too, he actually would compliment Crosby and Ferrell. Have had an edge void since Mack was traded. Could come back with wideout at 19

Wouldn't touch a light weight pass rusher until the 3rd. I'm so glad Mayock is our GM as many of you are reminding me of AL. LOL Draft that 'potential' YIKES!!!

It's like when I throw some scratch on the ground for the chickens. Crack attack. LOL  

EDIT: It's obvious we're all losing our marbles being couped up inside. LOL 

Edited by G
  • Like 2

I wouldn’t be upset....I wouldn’t do that..but after Chase Young, I don’t see a DE that can get after the QB. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go earlier then expected on draft day..

But the biggest thing that hurts in the draft is missing on a 1st round pick. And because of that, If CeeDee Lamb is there, I want him to be the pick 

My only issue with Lamb is the route tree he ran at Oklahoma. He's gifted no doubt about that but I just worry about him with Gruden's offense with the route concepts. But if he were to get that down sky's the limit. 

I'll be fine with Either of the big three WR's. I have my preferred choice(Ruggs) but will be happy with Jeudy and Lamb.

you cannot talk about value to the team and compare lamb to chaisson because he`ll only be a rotational player between Crosby, Ferrell, nassib and key. late risers always concern me. if okudah is off the board at 12 , brown and simmons as well. no one else will be as valuable to us as lamb in terms of production. can you maybe get that production later in the draft ? maybe, but between picks 20 and 81....a lot of receivers will come off the board. as our roster sits right now, if the blue chips are gone its lamb,jeudy,henderson,kinlaw for me. and to be clear im not super excited by hendersons lack of tackling, but when thinking about it last night I decided not one person would not take dion because he tackled for sh*t, would most prefer rod or Charles? I would, but I would also take dion too. and no, im not comparing Henderson to dion at all, but if he could be 80/90% of dion? I might.....maybe.lol

• Like 1

What if the draft plays out and the Browns are on the clock and call you up. They want picks 12 + 19 + 80 and Gabe Jackson for 10 + 41 and Odell Beckham. One of Derrick Brown, Jeff Okudah or Isaiah Simmons is OTC at 10.

Do you pull the trigger?

(Browns go Ceedee at 12 reuniting him with Baker after Odell was traded, then at 19 they target Josh Jones, Patrick Queen, and Kenneth Murray)

At 41 we target CB, unless Okudah was the pick at 10.

The downside is the WR answer is Odell the offseason after Antonio Brown. It's Las Vegas Odell too so the distractions and flamboyancy is definitely in the cards.

Would you pull the trigger? Is the deal breaker Odell? Is it the picks, is the picks something minimal like 80 -- where a counter offer gets it done? Are you doing the deal in spite of acquiring Odell just to get one of Brown/Okudah/Simmons?

don't know if id wanna give up 80, maybe the 4th or 5th. not super excited about beckham but getting him, simmons and maybe j Johnson. or him, okudah and bpa? tempting, but the thought of beckham really puts me off after stupid *ss. that's the hard part, like you said too, especially in vegas. with most its not a worry for me but OBJ? sh*t, id honestly be just waiting for the sh*t to hit the fan......every day!

19 minutes ago, Trojan said:

What if the draft plays out and the Browns are on the clock and call you up. They want picks 12 + 19 + 80 and Gabe Jackson for 10 + 41 and Odell Beckham. One of Derrick Brown, Jeff Okudah or Isaiah Simmons is OTC at 10.

Do you pull the trigger?

(Browns go Ceedee at 12 reuniting him with Baker after Odell was traded, then at 19 they target Josh Jones, Patrick Queen, and Kenneth Murray)

At 41 we target CB, unless Okudah was the pick at 10.

The downside is the WR answer is Odell the offseason after Antonio Brown. It's Las Vegas Odell too so the distractions and flamboyancy is definitely in the cards.

Would you pull the trigger? Is the deal breaker Odell? Is it the picks, is the picks something minimal like 80 -- where a counter offer gets it done? Are you doing the deal in spite of acquiring Odell just to get one of Brown/Okudah/Simmons?

Odell is a deal breaker for me. Honestly, if we are moving Gabe in a trade up with the Browns, he may be enough compensation for them. Maybe add a 5th, but it shouldn't cost us any of our 3rds to move up two spots. Especially since they'll still be in position to draft one of the Tackles.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would be on board with waiting for a WR, picking up a CB, Edge or 3T who can generate a pass rush from the interior.  A QB with one of our 2 1st rounders would be a terrible move and doesn't make sense.  How many QB's will we carry and Gruden allegedly loves everyone on our roster besides Carr.  I'm not buying that trash for 1 second. 

I’m with you! We have Carr, Mariota, Kizer, Peterman.  How many QBs does Gruden need to play around with?  What does anyone of the non top 3-4 QBs bring that we don’t have?

in truth everyone on the team including gruden and mayock would be wondering...…"ok, whens he gonna pull an OBJ/AB?" And I don't care how much a person says hes changed or whatever, when you dig yourself into a hole, it takes time to get out of it. people may say"its all good bro" but we all know the truth. theyr` waiting for "the crazy".lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m with you! We have Carr, Mariota, Kizer, Peterman.  How many QBs does Gruden need to play around with?  What does anyone of the non top 3-4 QBs bring that we don’t have?

100 percent agree.  He has 4 young Qb's to play with, all this talk is media garbage.  

What's your take on Chaisson at 12 or 19? 

He is raw but has a ton of potential.  He may be a rotational piece at first but let's not kid ourselves we have had zero pass rush for so long it's not funny.  If we have an injury to Maxx or Ferrell our pass rush is once again nothing.  Outside of QB and elite Edge rusher may be the most important position on the field.  

• Like 1