2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

This place will be hilarious if they took CJ over Ruggs, Jeudy and Lamb. 

I accepted that he would could be the pick a week ago so it wouldn’t crush me on draft day. 

I try to accept every player at every position before draft day. Just run every scenario through my head and be completely open-minded. You can only be shocked if you were close-minded about certain players at certain draft positions. 

If CJ is the pick at 12 I wouldn’t be shocked, although I definitely don’t think it happens. 

Plus I’m at the point where I trust Mayock with anything and our analysis is not as good as Mayock. If they select CJ at 12, obviously Mayock/Gruden don’t have the same tackling concerns, and Mayock knows better than us. 

Not saying I’m ok with CJ at 12. I’m not. I would openly speak out against it. However 1) I trust Mayock 2) I don’t think I’d be surprised by anything at this point. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

* Trade #19 & #81 to Indianapolis for #34, #44 & 193* 

12 - CJ Henderson | CB | Florida

34 - Jaleon Reagor | WR | TCU

44 - Ross Blacklock | DT | TCU

80 - Terrell Burgess | S | Utah

91 - Bryan Edwards | WR | South Carolina

121 - AJ Dillon | RB | Boston | College 

159 - Davion Taylor | LB | Colorado 

193 - Trey Adams | OT | Washington 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Not saying I’m ok with CJ at 12. I’m not. I would openly speak out against it. However 1) I trust Mayock 2) I don’t think I’d be surprised by anything at this point. 

Mayock himself said it's buyer beware with 1st round WR's. CB is a premium position, especially with Mahomeboy in the division. Henderson needs to clean up his tackling but in coverage he has the potential to be a lock down #1. 

15 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I accepted that he would could be the pick a week ago so it wouldn’t crush me on draft day. 

Honestly if we're going to target CJ we need to secure Lamb at #12 and then package #19 and #81 to move up to #16 to for Henderson.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Actually I'm leaning toward that, i just did my first round mock got us getting C.J at #12 and Ruggs at #19, I think Wr's will get pushed down because it's so deep.

If Mayock and Gruden are ok with his tackling issues and pick CJ, I’ll be the first person to welcome him aboard in the CJ thread. In Mayock, I trust completely right now (until results are consistently negative on the field over multiple draft classes, hopefully that never happens). 

Although I think Mayock/Gruden will see the same tackling concerns everyone else sees and pass him up at 12. That’s one of Mayock and Grudens pet peeves. One of mine too, which is why I’m lower on Henderson than most. Give me defensive bully, even corners. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Think this forum would explode if we took a defensive player at 12 and Lamb fell to 19 (I know most of you really like him). Could certainly happen. Jeudy is a perfect fit for SF and Ruggs is a perfect fit for Denver. No team from 16-18 has a need for a WR. Although I’m not sure Eagles stand idly by and let Lamb fall in our laps. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If Mayock and Gruden are ok with his tackling issues and pick CJ, I’ll be the first person to welcome him aboard in the CJ thread. In Mayock, I trust completely right now (until results are consistently negative on the field over multiple draft classes, hopefully that never happens). 

Although I think Mayock/Gruden will see the same tackling concerns everyone else sees and pass him up at 12. That’s one of Mayock and Grudens pet peeves. One of mine too, which is why I’m lower on Henderson than most. Give me defensive bully, even corners. 

i got Lamb falling to SF at 13

Positive out of that is CJ athletic ability is pretty crazy him and Mullen and I.Johnson if he can put thing together would give the Raiders an insanely athletic CB group that you can feel good about facing KC and Denver. Cause I’ll tell you this if Ruggs don’t go to the Raiders or the Niners he’s going to the Broncos. 

Speed is very much a must in the secondary 

First round mock no trades...

1. Cincinnati - Joe Burrow | QB | LSU

2. Washington - Chase Young | Edge | Ohio State

3. Detroit - Jeff Okudah | CB | Ohio State

4. New York - Isaiah Simmons | LB | Clemson

5. Miami - Tua Tagovalioa | QB | Alabama

6. Los Angeles - Justin Herbert | QB | Oregon

7. Carolina - Derrick Brown | DT | Auburn

8. Arizona - Tristian Wirfs | OT | Iowa

9. Jacksonville - Javon Kinlaw | DT | South Carolina

10. Cleveland - Mehki Becton | OT | Louisville

11. New York - K'Lavon Chaisson | Edge | LSU

12. Las Vegas - C.J. Henderson | CB | Florida

13. San Francisco - CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma

14. Tampa Bay - Jedrick Willis | OT | Alabama

15. Denver - Josh Jones | OT | Houstan

16. Atlanta - Yetur Gross-Matos | Edge | Penn St.

17. Dallas - Kristian Fulton | CB | LSU

18. Miami - Xavier McKinney | S | Alabama

19. Las Vegas - Henry Ruggs | WR | Alabama

20. Jacksonville - Jeff Gladney | CB | TCU

21. Philadelphia - Jerry Jeudy | WR | Alabama

22. Minnesota - Trevon Diggs | CB | Alabama

23. New England - Jordan Love | QB | Utah St.

24. New Orleans - Patrick Queen | LB | LSU

25. Minnesota - Justin Jefferson | WR | LSU

26. Miami - Cesar Ruiz | OT | Michigan

27. Seattle - Ross Blacklock | DL | TCU

28. Baltimore - Kenneth Murray | LB | Oklahoma

29. Tennessee - A.J. Epenesa | Edge | Iowa

30. Green Bay - Brandon Aiyuk | WR | Arizona St.

31. San Francisco - Jaylon Johnson | CB | Utah

32. Kansas City - Jonathan Taylor | RB | Wisconsin

On pff’s cameron dantzler draft profile they made an interesting point.... well they didn’t connect the dots.....

dantzler is 6’2 1/4” and weighed 188 at the combine.... and it’s likely he chugged water before getting on the scale..... sure he pissed most of the water out before the next day but that maybe caused him to run slow. 

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Id be miffed if we passed on Lamb but I'd understand the logic if we took CJ at 12. CB is a premium position and Henderson has tremendous cover ability. This WR class is deep and no matter who we take, we are still going to be a running team with Waller as our 1A in the passing game. 

• Like 1