2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

+1 on Pittman. I was down on him, but he tested well and erased some of those concerns. 

Shenault, I'd have no idea where his stock is. It will be interesting to see. I imagine he hurt himself in this deep class having surgery and teams not being able to get a look at him. But I have no doubt he will be a steal after round 1. Fully healthy, he'd be my #2 in this class without hesitation (I'm higher than anyone one I'm sure). 

Shenault is that player that slides, lands in the perfect situation with an established QB and coach and blows the doors off. 

I think he needs to go to the right team to unlock his potential. Put him in a bad organization and he's a bust. Put him on a good team that has a good WR coach and plan for him and I think he'll be pretty good. YAC monster.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think he needs to go to the right team to unlock his potential. Put him in a bad organization and he's a bust. Put him on a good team that has a good WR coach and plan for him and I think he'll be pretty good. YAC monster.

Agreed. I'd actually love to see Gruden work with him. He played every WR spot at CU, Grruden likes WRs to know each spot. Could be a fun pairing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

12 - CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma

19 - Zach Baun | LB | Wisconsin

80 - Ashtyn Davis | S | California 

81 - Raekwon Davis | DT | Alabama

91 - Cameron Dantzler | CB | Mississippi State

121 - Tyler Johnson | WR | Minnesota 

159 - John Reid | CB | Penn State

You swap out Raekwon Davis for Logan Wilson, baby you got a stew goin'

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I feel like this is mostly ignored. Every year Alabama has players that are a sum of their parts. Which is why I asked the questions what if you Ruggs and Reagor swapped schools. Would Ruggs be getting top 3 WR hype if he played at TCU for example. 

Which also begs the question, with all his speed, his best season was 750 yards? The defense of that is well he played on stacked group of WRs, but it's something to note as outlined here regarding dominator scores for college players:

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/draft/analytics-reveal-why-denver-broncos-fans-should-beware-alabama-wr-henry-ruggs

Something that I've started to think about too. You can get CeeDee Lamb at #12 and then move up a few slots in the third and grab KJ Hamler who looks just as explosive as Ruggs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Like I've made up my mind. If we're going to double dip on WR, we need to get CeeDee Lamb and KJ Hamler. 

If Hamler gets close to the 3rd, I pull the trigger to move up. He looked like the most explosive WR in this class when i watched them all. Ruggs included.

• Like 3

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

If Hamler gets close to the 3rd, I pull the trigger to move up. He looked like the most explosive WR in this class when i watched them all. Ruggs included.

Most mocks I've seen have him in the late 2nd or early 3rd. Which makes Houston's trade for Cooks look even worse considering they could've likely just taken Hamler at #57.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Like I've made up my mind. If we're going to double dip on WR, we need to get CeeDee Lamb and KJ Hamler. 

If we double dip at WR I want Ruggs. He's the only WR in this class who doesn't have a lesser version. You can't replicate 4.27 speed. Just can't. I'd want him and another WR in the third. I'm starting to shift my desire for a WR to Ruggs in the first. We have our slot. We have our big WR. we have Agholor as depth. Ruggs stretches the field. He has to be accounted for. I want Ruggs. I've decided.

8 minutes ago, Jerry said:

If we double dip at WR I want Ruggs. He's the only WR in this class who doesn't have a lesser version. You can't replicate 4.27 speed. Just can't. I'd want him and another WR in the third. I'm starting to shift my desire for a WR to Ruggs in the first. We have our slot. We have our big WR. we have Agholor as depth. Ruggs stretches the field. He has to be accounted for. I want Ruggs. I've decided.

We all slam DC for his short passes. This guy can take a slant route, sweep, short passes the distance. CBs play off because they can't keep up. Teams with slower DBs will be tore up by him. I want Ruggs. 

10 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I like Ruggs as well. But KJ Hamler is also a 4.2 type player who can be had later in the draft.

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Ruggs as well. But KJ Hamler is also a 4.2 type player who can be had later in the draft.

It's tough. Hopefully Mayock pulls the trigger on one of the two and makes the right call. We need that explosive speed to make our offense more dynamic.

Josh Pearson out of Jacksonville State is a guy that is worth a look in the 7th if we acquire a pick or as an UDFA. He was academically ineligible his first two seasons but over the last two seasons he put up 126 receptions, 2,066 yards (16.3 avg), and 30 TD.

His pro day numbers were impressive too.

6'3.5 205 

40 time: 4.44 (9th best at combine)

Vert: 41.5" (4th best at combine)

Broad jump: 10'8" (6th best at combine)

20 yard shuttle: 4.22 (3rd best at combine)

3-cone: 7.22 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

KJ Hamler in the late 2nd/early 3rd wound be a nice pick. 

Hamler in the slot would be dominant. Also, lot of people don’t know, Hamler has performed on the outside handsomely. KJ reminds me a lot of DeSean Jackson. Hamler does have a drop issue though. If he can correct the drop issue, he could be one of the biggest steals of the entire draft class. Right now I have Hamler going 58 to the Vikings but I wouldn’t be shocked if he fell to the third (although he’s certainly not falling to 80). 

3 hours ago, roi34 said:

Jets go juedy if it's wr

Fully agreed. Better fit for Gase’s concepts. And Gase loves juice. I’ve rarely seen a mock with Jets taking Lamb. Plenty with Jeudy though. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

12 - CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma

19 - Zach Baun | LB | Wisconsin

80 - Ashtyn Davis | S | California 

81 - Raekwon Davis | DT | Alabama

91 - Cameron Dantzler | CB | Mississippi State

121 - Tyler Johnson | WR | Minnesota 

159 - John Reid | CB | Penn State

Great Mock NY. Replace Davis with Jordan Elliott or Davon Hamilton and I’m good. Very, very nice draft! I’m starting to have hope Ashtyn could tumble to 80 and I absolutely love that guy. I currently have him slotted from Pick 53 to Pick 64 in the 2nd Round in all of my Mock Drafts. 

18 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Honestly that would be perfect To get CeeDee at #12 and get Hamler in the 3rd

What a deadly four WRs. CeeDee/Tyrell outside, Hamler/Renfrow inside. You can also put Hamler outside and Tyrell inside on some snaps. Crazy versatility. 

Edited by BayRaider