2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

I'm not sure how high AJ Dillon will end up going but I'd be tempted to pull the trigger at 90 but definitely would at 121. He's just exactly what we're missing in the RB room. Allow Richard/Jacobs to handle the passing downs and Jacobs to obviously be the feature back but Dillon could fill the role of bruiser and short yardage back so well for this offense. Would allow us to save Jacobs some of those obvious running down reps and let AJ does what we does best. Imagine ending games w/ 12 minute drives where Jacobs/Dillon get 12 carries between the two of them. I wouldn't wanna tackle Dillon let alone 60 plays into the game. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I'm not sure how high AJ Dillon will end up going but I'd be tempted to pull the trigger at 90 but definitely would at 121. He's just exactly what we're missing in the RB room. Allow Richard/Jacobs to handle the passing downs and Jacobs to obviously be the feature back but Dillon could fill the role of bruiser and short yardage back so well for this offense. Would allow us to save Jacobs some of those obvious running down reps and let AJ does what we does best. Imagine ending games w/ 12 minute drives where Jacobs/Dillon get 12 carries between the two of them. I wouldn't wanna tackle Dillon let alone 60 plays into the game. 

Dillion at 121 seems to be a popular pick in this sub, and I agree. He’s a good spell back for what we do. 

Edited by BayRaider

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Dillion at 121 seems to be a popular pick in this sub, and I agree. He’s a good spell back for what we do. 

Do you think a back like Dillon is a better fit than Akers?  I would rather have the 1/2 punch of Jacobs and Akers over Diillon. 

Dillon is a much larger back but I feel like when we put him in teams will know we are running.  I wouldn't be opposed to a goal line back like Dillon but would much rahter have a complimentary back to Jacobs who we could use at the goal line and be a pass catching threat as well.  Thoughts?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Do you think a back like Dillon is a better fit than Akers?  I would rather have the 1/2 punch of Jacobs and Akers over Diillon. 

Dillon is a much larger back but I feel like when we put him in teams will know we are running.  I wouldn't be opposed to a goal line back like Dillon but would much rahter have a complimentary back to Jacobs who we could use at the goal line and be a pass catching threat as well.  Thoughts?

Sure, I’d take Akers over Dillion in a heartbeat. Although I have Akers going 63 to the Chiefs... 63 to the Chiefs and 64 to the Seahawks have been my two universal landing spots for Akers. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Sure, I’d take Akers over Dillion in a heartbeat. Although I have Akers going 63 to the Chiefs... 63 to the Chiefs and 64 to the Seahawks have been my two universal landing spots for Akers. 

Yeah it appears that Dillion is farther down the rankings than Akers but I would really like him.  Doubtful that he will be there at 80 but it's possible.  What are your thoughts on Zach Moss?  He might be a good fit if Akers is gone?  

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Similarly I think Akers is the better prospect. But Dillon offers better value later in the draft. Would love him in the 4th. As you mentioned, he seems like a good fit for the power running scheme. Offers big body to pair with Jacobs and Richard. His biggest drawback is his mileage. Less of an issue if hes not the workhouse. But capable to carrying the load if Jacobs is out. His pass catching is a projection at best but he can pass pro which is huge for rookie rbs

• Like 1

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Yeah it appears that Dillion is farther down the rankings than Akers but I would really like him.  Doubtful that he will be there at 80 but it's possible.  What are your thoughts on Zach Moss?  He might be a good fit if Akers is gone?  

Love Zack Moss. He’d be my 6th Ranked guy behind Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, CEH, and Akers, but I absolutely love what Moss brings to the table with his physical style, bouncing off defenders, and cuts really quick. Reminds me of Marshawn in a way. IMO Moss will be there 80-81 if we want him, but that’s kind of rich for a 2nd RB. Not sure he lasts until 91 but I’d certainly pull the trigger at 91. 

With how much I love Moss, Jaylon Johnson, and Terrell Burgess this year you might as well call me a Utah fan. I hope we land one of them. 

2 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

Similarly I think Akers is the better prospect. But Dillon offers better value later in the draft. Would love him in the 4th. As you mentioned, he seems like a good fit for the power running scheme. Offers big body to pair with Jacobs and Richard. His biggest drawback is his mileage. Less of an issue if hes not the workhouse. But capable to carrying the load if Jacobs is out. His pass catching is a projection at best but he can pass pro which is huge for rookie rbs

Fully agree with every word of this. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If we trade up for Okudah what defensive player are we getting at #19 that's going to be a difference maker? 

Grant Delpit Ideally. But Zack Baun or AJ Espensa will also be players. 

We don't have a ton of Roster spots available. At most 12.

QB) Carr - Mariota
RB) Jacobs - Richard
FB) Ingold
TE) Waller - Witten - Carrier
WR1) Williams - Agholor
WR2) Jones
SWR) Renefrow
LT) Miller - Parker
LG) Incognito -
C) Hudson - James
RG) Jackson - Good
RT) Brown - Sharpe
Offense - 21

BDE) Ferrell - Nassib
UT) Collins - Hurst
NT) Hankins - Hall
RDE) Crosby - Key
WLB) Littleton
MLB) Kwiatkowski
SLB)
CB1) Johnson
CB2) Mullen - Nixon
NCB) Joyner - Lawson
S1) Abram - EHarris
S2) Randall- Heath
Defense - 19

K) Carlson
P) Cole
LS) Seig
KR/PR)
Sspecial Teams - 3

Fringe Roster players

Moreau
Kizer
Peterson
Devey
Kush
Cotton
Morrow
Lee
Wilbur

12+19+80 to Carolina for 7+38+69. 

38+69+159 to Baltimore for 28+60.

Trade 60+91 to TB for 45. 

7. Isaiah Simmons
28. AJ Terrell
45. BPA WR (Aiyuk, Higgins, Shenault)
81. BPA G (Lewis from LSU or Kindley from UGA)
121. BPA RB (Moss or Dillon)

I would take that combination of 5 players or any combination of 7 players I have seen. 

1 hour ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I’ve made this argument for and against Dillon before.

For:

power runner...capable of being a Goal Line/ short distance runner... Ingold wasn’t that great at it... it’s a very important thing to have on a team. It can cost you games if you can’t convert them.  
Isn’t your typical 247ish pound RB,,, has agility

great value at 91/121

Offers the ability to ground and pound a D and keep Jacob fresh.

Will get you what you block for and a then pound a few extra yards 

against:

When you sub him in for Jacobs it 1. Limits the play calling somewhat 2. Is pretty obvious it’s a run or Run Fake, Play Action and likely between the tackles.

he isn’t fast enough to threaten the outside often.

Jacobs isn’t a home run threat and Dillon definitely isn’t.  It’s really nice to have  RB whose a threat to score from a distance.  

the argument I presented was: is it better to draft Dillon at 121 or Akers at 80 (If he’s there)?

a guy like Akers can substitute interchangeably with Jacobs.  No “tell” for the defense. This would allow Akers to in theory get more snaps because the play calling isn’t limited by him going in.  Akers can also hit the long home run for a TD.  He brings a bit more speed than Jacobs.  

What do you guys think?  I don’t thinks there’s a right answer to this... they’re both awesome additions.  It’s really just preference.  (He, finally a non controversial discussion... or so I hope lol)

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Dr. Roto released his first mock and Jaylon Johnson goes 17 to the Cowboys:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/10/dr-roto-nfl-mock-draft

He has us getting Diggs at 19 which I would absolutely hate with a passion. Trevon Diggs is not a 1st Round corner. 

His explanation for Diggs:

He's got elite height, weight, and length, plus he's the brother of Stefon Diggs.

Am I all of a sudden suppose to be impressed by the fact he’s Stefon’s brother? A Diva WR2.  

We already have one “Trayvon/Trevon” in Mullen... no need for 2.  He’d get smoked in our system. I think he can be good but had to go To The right scheme

• Like 1