2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Love Zack Moss. He’d be my 6th Ranked guy behind Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, CEH, and Akers, but I absolutely love what Moss brings to the table with his physical style, bouncing off defenders, and cuts really quick. Reminds me of Marshawn in a way. IMO Moss will be there 80-81 if we want him, but that’s kind of rich for a 2nd RB. Not sure he lasts until 91 but I’d certainly pull the trigger at 91. 

With how much I love Moss, Jaylon Johnson, and Terrell Burgess this year you might as well call me a Utah fan. I hope we land one of them. 

Lesser version of Marshawn is a good comp for Moss. Love the way he runs and i think he's a good fit for us. Jacobs + Moss would be a tough day for opposing Ds.

• Like 1

i just saw a mock on Youtube where Eagles traded up to 7 and took Jerry Jeudy, Vikings traded up to 10 and took Lamb, and the Broncos traded up to 11 and took Ruggs III. Wtf did I just watch? 

Derrick Brown was still on the board though. Give Derrick Brown at 12 and Jaylon Johnson at 19. I’ll be a happy man. Get WR at 80 in this deep class. 

So we’re 12 days away now. Get ready for non-stop QB rumors with Herbert/Love/Tua, just like last year. Even though it’s just misdirection (I do believe the Murray interest was real last year though, but Haskins was a bluff). 

I don’t think we draft a QB in the first two rounds though, and not to believe any of that. What I do see possibly happening Jalen Hurts at 80. Hurts needs a lot of work if he’s ever gonna be more than a gadget, but man, he’s one of the “toughest” QBs I’ve ever watched. Great guy too. 

Edited by BayRaider

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So we’re 12 days away now. Get ready for non-stop QB rumors with Herbert/Love/Tua, just like last year. Even though it’s just misdirection (I do believe the Murray interest was real last year though, but Haskins was a bluff). 

I don’t think we draft a QB in the first two rounds though, and not to believe any of that. What I do see possibly happening Jalen Hurts at 80. Hurts needs a lot of work if he’s ever gonna be more than a gadget, but man, he’s one of the “toughest” QBs I’ve ever watched. Great guy too. 

QB always exciting pick because it changes your franchise one way or another. 

It just seems like a waste at this juncture. If we hit in rounds 1 and 3 alone we can have a very good team this year.

11 minutes ago, roi34 said:

QB always exciting pick because it changes your franchise one way or another. 

It just seems like a waste at this juncture. If we hit in rounds 1 and 3 alone we can have a very good team this year.

Can’t draft based on one year in mind though. Especially when we won’t be SB Contenders this year in all likelihood. 

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Can’t draft based on one year in mind though. Especially when we won’t be SB Contenders this year in all likelihood. 

Of course not, also not sure QBs available will be better option in future.  Tua could be Russel Wilson type or Mariota. 

Herbert is the most intriguing going to nfl, but not someone i may trust enough spend more capital to trade up to get. 

Put together a list of some interesting late Day 3 guys I like

RBs

Rico Dowdle, 5'11/213, South Carolina - great 3 down back skillset just didn't get a lot of run at South Carolina

JaMycal Hasty, 5'8/215, Baylor - exciting 3rd down/pass catching RB

Mike Warren, 5'9/226, Cincinatti - B+ version of Zach Moss

Benny Lemay, 5'8/221, Charlotte - really fun tough RB just lacks the juice

WRs

Joe Reed, 6/224, Virginia - if you squint you can see a DJ Moore type

Jauan Jennings, 6'3/215, Tennessee - big slot with good hands and YAC

Trishton Jackson, 6/197, Syracuse - quick twitch deep threat with YAC

TE

CJ O'Grady, 6'3/253, Arkansas - character issue guy with Round 3/4 ability

Josiah Deguara, 6'2/242, Cincinatti - H-Back type with tough blocking

OTs

Cam Clark, 6'4/308, Charlotte - Powerful, nasty run blocker with great anchor but some feet issues

Yasir Durant, 6'6/331, Missouri - discount Mechi Becton/Isaiah Wilson

Alex Taylor, 6'8/308, South Carolina St - incredibly raw but A+ traits

IOL

Tyre Phillips, 6'5/331, Miss St - college LT that should move inside, massive and strong player with powerful hands but foot speed issues

Michael Onwenu, 6'3/344, Michigan - another huge OL that fits our MO, I like him more than Bredeson

EDGE

Jonathan Garvin, 6'4/263, Miami - flashes awesome 3 down traits and young (20) just inconsistent

DJ Wonnum, 6'5/258, South Carolina - great burst but no pass rushing moves

Chauncy Rivers, 6'2/262, Miss St - really disruptive but lacks juice/ideal physical tools

IDL

Bravvion Roy, 6'1/332, Baylor - 1 tech with pocket pushing ability and great quickness

Broderick Washington, 6'2/305, Texas Tech - great motor and effort player with violent hands

LB

Evan Weaver, 6'2/237, Cal - tough and reliable MLB prospect lacking preferred athleticism

Mykal Walker, 6'3/230, Fresno St - Hassan Reddick type with upside as LB projection

Shaquille Quarterman, 6/234, Miami - character and intensity guy

CB

Kindle Vildor, 5'10/191, Georgia Southern - A+ athlete with man coverage ability

John Reid, 5'10/187, Penn St & Josiah Scott, 5'9/185, Michigan St - athletic slot CBs

S

Josh Metellus, 5'11/209, Michigan - twitched up athlete that can play single high

Antoine Brooks, 5'11/220, Maryland - tough and physical LB/S hybrid

• Like 1

Raiders have two glaring holes WR and CB than they have some positions QB(DUCKS), DT, LB, S and RB that they would like to add some depth to the position or just bring in younger guys who they can build up.

There are 3 stud WR's on the order on them who knows, but we can agree that Ruggs, Juedy and Lamb are the big three then there is a drop off to the next guys and while It may not be a big drop off there is one. 

There are 2 without a doubt plug and play CB's Okudah and Henderson. While AJ, Johson and Diggs and Fulton all have potential I don't consider them plug and play.

Raiders own two picks 12 and 19. 12 Puts them in a position to take one of the big three WR's or take Henderson. Raiders should really consider taking whoever they think is the best WR(Lamb,Ruggs, Jeudy) at 12 then use pick 19 and 80 to move up from 19 to 16 to Atlanta probably takes 19 and 80. Pick 16 is worth 1,000 Raiders pick at 19 is worth 875 and 80 is with 190 (I am using the trade value chart) and take CJ Henderson. Get two impact start from day one players. I use the Falcons as an option because I could see them wanting to trade down. If you have to move up to 14 with the Bucs it's gonna cost more but it's an easy decision for me if Henderson is still there.

It shouldn't be let's take the best WR at 12 and settle for whatever CB is there at 19. Raiders have the draft capital to move up in this draft. All this really depends on if they like CJ Henderson but if they do this should be the plan because even if you have to trade up with the Bucs at 14 you're not risking your entire draft to do so.

They can realistically land one of the big three WR's and CJ if they're willing and able to find a trade down partner. 

Edited by agarcia34

36 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Yeah it appears that Dillion is farther down the rankings than Akers but I would really like him.  Doubtful that he will be there at 80 but it's possible.  What are your thoughts on Zach Moss?  He might be a good fit if Akers is gone?  

Moss is an excellent fit. Physical, aggressive runner that's excellent in pass protection and catching the ball out of the back field. He lacks big play ability due to below average long speed but he'd be an excellent change of pace back with Jacobs. 

FWIW NFL.com did an article where they asked 5 former players who they think should be the first WR off the board. 

David Carr: Henry Ruggs

Brian Baldinger: Henry Ruggs

MJD: Jerry Jeudy

DeAngelo Hall: CeeDee Lamb

Nate Burleson: CeeDee Lamb