2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@MrOaktown_56

You are more adamant getting one of the Top 3 WRs than any poster on here. So let me play a situation for you. 

Simmons or Brown fall to 12 by small chance. No fan in their right mind passes them up imo (especially Simmons) nor does Mayock probably. 

At 19, do you go Mims? If so, how do you solve CB? The WR class is much deeper than the corner class. I know you like Dantzler but when we play the Chiefs 2x a year I just don’t see the fit. 

If brown falls, we take him and move back at 19 to the 20s to land mims or reagor. Package picks to move up in the 2nd and get 2 corners (on day 2). Whether it’s dantzler, Robinson, pride jr, etc. Plus another corner could drop due to medicals and other concerns like Diggs and Annette.

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Are you referring to people on here(haven't been keeping up lately with the draft thread) or on Twitter? I see it on Twitter to be honest

Twitter is litterd with them for sure. I mostly ignore twitter comments though. 

On ere.. .. I find it ironic the same guy who called Carr "one of the worst QBs in the league, and biggest p**** in the league by a country mile" is also suggesting taking defense and he doesn't need a #1 WR. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

On ere.. .. I find it ironic the same guy who called Carr "one of the worst QBs in the league, and biggest p**** in the league by a country mile" is also suggesting taking defense and he doesn't need a #1 WR. 

I do think that even if you think he's not the answer, you still add weapons for the future guy. Like what the Bengals have done for Burrow before he even arrives. Set up the guy for success.

• Like 1

Like I said before and I don't think people have given this enough credence. 

We have to try to be competitive with KC. How do you beat KC? 

Play defense and score points. SCORE POINTS. 

Adequate receivers won't cut it. KC has improved their secondary a lot. Renfrow even called it the best secondary that he went up against last year. Arguably their best CB, Ward is from UDFA (to everyone saying we need to solve CB in round 1, the converse of my WR argument).

We need weapons that make a DC scared. Waller is one of them. Who else? We need at least one more of them to be able to score 30+ points. Plus a talented depth receiver.

KC has Hill, Kelce, and then a ton of speed with Hardman, Watkins, and Robinson. Plus their line is good, have shifty RBs who can catch, and Mahomes and Reid. I don't think the Chiefs looked at their offense last year and said "we shouldn't add more weapons". 

"Enough" won't cut it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Edelmen was found in the 7th Round. Claiming there will be zero go-to guys after the Top 50 picks in this WR class is a bit of a stretch imo. Although I certainly understand your point. 

I didn't say there would be 0 but finding  one that pans out will be will be the trick.

Edited by raidr4life

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If anyone doesn't believe me, take a look for yourself:

CJ going be a stud. Chase and CJ were battling there.Getting CJ at 12 then coming back with WR @19 and in the 3rd.... Sounding more enticing the more you think about it. 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

CJ going be a stud. Chase and CJ were battling there.Getting CJ at 12 then coming back with WR @19 and in the 3rd.... Sounding more enticing the more you think about it. 

Did you even read my post? His awful tackling, lack of physicality, and inability to attack the catchpoint without putting his hand on the shoulder are all concerning. 

What exactly did you see in the video?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Like I said before and I don't think people have given this enough credence. 

We have to try to be competitive with KC. How do you beat KC? 

Play defense and score points. SCORE POINTS. 

Adequate receivers won't cut it. KC has improved their secondary a lot. Renfrow even called it the best secondary that he went up against last year. Arguably their best CB, Ward is from UDFA (to everyone saying we need to solve CB in round 1, the converse of my WR argument).

We need weapons that make a DC scared. Waller is one of them. Who else? We need at least one more of them to be able to score 30+ points. Plus a talented depth receiver.

KC has Hill, Kelce, and then a ton of speed with Hardman, Watkins, and Robinson. Plus their line is good, have shifty RBs who can catch, and Mahomes and Reid. I don't think the Chiefs looked at their offense last year and said "we shouldn't add more weapons". 

"Enough" won't cut it.

I don't really see how we can get around this. 

This offense isn't remotely explosive. We need MORE than a good rookie. We need Tyrell to become the healthy deep threat we paid for, and the QB to chuck it up to him. Any rookie that comes in needs to be ready to go, and to eat targets. Agholar and Renfrow are helpful, but not dynamic. 

To me, that's Jeudy and Jefferson. Maaaybe Lamb.  

Whatever dancing we do in trade downs, for other spots, we have to get one of them.  I'm in favor of drafting two WRs, and maybe a RB.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Twitter is litterd with them for sure. I mostly ignore twitter comments though. 

Ahh, of course that post was about me afterall. You come up with a narrative about me every day that is a lie and false. Obsessed. Literally, beyond obsession at this point. Joke of epic proportions. Can’t you just get me off your mind? It’s weird. 

Just like Humble, Frankie, and OGX, who are the three biggest advocators of not taking a WR in the 1st, I said my preference is trading down Pick 12 to 21 or so. Getting two defensive players and getting a WR in the 2nd Round. WR is not a valuable position in the 1st. Defense wins championships, not #1 wideouts like Ruggs, Jeudy, and Lamb. 

I have also said, if we stay at 12, I want Jeudy, Ruggs, or Lamb as the selection. I’m not anti-WR like Frankie/Humble/OGX are. This is, once again, a completely made up narrative by you. 

Livin rent-free. 

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Did you even read my post? His awful tackling, lack of physicality, and inability to attack the catchpoint without putting his hand on the shoulder are all concerning. 

What exactly did you see in the video?

A big corner, with elite juice. The TDs were due to zone coverage against the. best college QB/WR combo. His tackling didn't look good. Maybe coaches feel they can help him with his technique, or maybe playing hurt. 

1 minute ago, massraider said:

I don't really see how we can get around this. 

This offense isn't remotely explosive. We need MORE than a good rookie. We need Tyrell to become the healthy deep threat we paid for, and the QB to chuck it up to him. Any rookie that comes in needs to be ready to go, and to eat targets. Agholar and Renfrow are helpful, but not dynamic. 

To me, that's Jeudy and Jefferson. Maaaybe Lamb.  

Whatever dancing we do in trade downs, for other spots, we have to get one of them.  I'm in favor of drafting two WRs, and maybe a RB.

Well die hard Carr supporters said he didn't have any weapons I want too add Wr's so there can be no excuses, but ultimately it will be up to Carr to do more than dink and dunk to a healthy WR core..

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

A big corner, with elite juice. The TDs were due to zone coverage against the. best college QB/WR combo. His tackling didn't look good. Maybe coaches feel they can help him with his technique, or maybe playing hurt. 

"A big corner with elite juice"

With all due respect, these are all buzzwords and are all things I would know/not know by watching him play and just looking at his measurables.

He also doesn't "play big", which is kinda the point of being a big, long corner.

They weren't due to zone. He had terrible awareness and positioning on the first touchdown. He completely played off Chase and allowed him that easy slant.

The second touchdown he was in man and got picked by the LB. It wasn't his fault, but he completely gave up once he was slightly beat. Embarrassing beta mentality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Well die hard Carr supporters said he didn't have any weapons I want too add Wr's so there can be no excuses, but ultimately it will be up to Carr to do more than dink and dunk to a healthy WR core..

I don't think anyone said he "had no weapons". Just not enough to compete with playoff teams and other explosive offenses like KC. Many users in NFL gen commented that our personnel was made more for a "short passing" offense than anything else.

My biggest concern was that we didn't have a healthy offense in its entirety together (with 2nd half developed renfrow) for more than a game or so. All the more reason for depth.

• Like 1