2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

24 minutes ago, Trojan said:

You really need to expand on the CPU processor for $ part, because I asked him about that and he has no idea what you are talking about. If it's an unfounded claim you really should stop because that's not an okay accusation.

Been dealing with computers my whole life, and doing a variety of advanced computer stuff is my side gig.

Explanation:

So if you stay on WF long enough, regardless how good your CPU processor is, it will start to get very, very hot and make LOUD noises. Many people on WF experience this. You would never experience this because of just Ads. That’s not going to happen. What it is, is called a Monero Miner. Are you familiar with cryptocurrency? You have to “mine” the currency. Bitcoin, etc. So what a Monero Miner does, is it mines the visitors CPU Processor to gain Monero’s. The code is in the website. 

Once again, your CPU processor would never start getting super loud and hot over Ads. It would be a cryptocurrency miner, most likely a Monero Miner. 

It’s not illegal what he’s doing. It’s a form of revenue like Ads. It’s just highly frowned upon. Which explains why he wouldn’t tell you. I wouldn’t trust anything he says. 

Walter is all about the revenue. Massive Ads, more than there should be, a very scammy book, and cryptocurrency miner. 

Edited by BayRaider

24 minutes ago, massraider said:

Let's say the Raiders make no trades.

What positions would you like to see addressed with first five picks? 

No names, just positions.

WR (1 if not 2 WR's our corp is one of the worst in the NFL),CB (We need another starter alongside Mullin) ,3T, (We need an inside pass rush), LB/Edge ( We filled 2 of our 3 LB spots and need another viable starter), RB ( We have nothing behind Jacobs and if he goes down we are in deep trouble)

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

I still don’t want to give up on Hurst/Hall. Collins is a baller and going earn that second contract! 

I'm not saying that we give up on them, Hurst and Hall are quality depth but they are average at best in generating pressure from up the middle. 

I like the Collins signing but he is hardly a proven commodity and has injury concerns.  We need a stud interior rusher and having that player will do wonders for the D as a whole, especially our pass rush. 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not saying that we give up on them, Hurst and Hall are quality depth but they are average at best in generating pressure from up the middle. 

I like the Collins signing but he is hardly a proven commodity and has injury concerns.  We need a stud interior rusher and having that player will do wonders for the D as a whole, especially our pass rush. 

Collins was one of the best pass rushing DT's in the league last season in terms of consistently being able to beat double teams and generate pressure. You'd carry 5 DT's and 4 edge players? I would be intrigued by Kinlaw or Brown at #12 though but a mid-round rookie probably doesn't have much of an impact for us next year.

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Pressing Needs: WR (#1 guy), Outside/Boundary CB 

Somewhat a need: DT, LB (depth/SAM guy), RB (depth)

Other needs: FS (developmental), Slot CB (if Joyner Busts), WR (developmental)

I'd say RB is in between somewhat of a need and a pressing need. We need a bigger back that can take some of the load off of Jacobs. Preferably Zack Moss or Cam Akers. 

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Agree a lot here. People really overrate our DT core. Been saying all off-season, if Mayock picks a DT in the 1st, not gonna be shocked at all. Do I expect it? No. Is it a very real possibility? Yes. 

I don’t think Kinlaw at 12 would be a good pick though, he’s better for a 3-4 DE. I think Derrick Brown at 12 or Ross Blacklock at 19 would be the selections if Mayock did end up choosing a DT. 

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Hurst actually has a very good pressure rate. Didn't get enough snaps (no idea why). Hall I agree. 

Collins is a good interior pass rusher.  Still, I would pass up almost any player in this draft to get Derrick Brown. He looks like a near elite talent IMO. So I agree that we can still get better at DT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I'd say RB is in between somewhat of a need and a pressing need. We need a bigger back that can take some of the load off of Jacobs. Preferably Zack Moss or Cam Akers. 

I think if Jacobs didn't fracture his shoulder, he seemed fine managing the load. RB is somewhat of a luxury. I like both of those guys, but I'm sure we can get a decent RB in the 4th or later . It happens every year. Gibson, Kelley, and Dillon could all be there in the 4th and offer different but valuable skillsets. Plus tons of DB depth in the mid rounds I'd rather invest in, like Amik Robertson or Burgess in the range those backs will go in. 

I wouldn't be surprised if a UDFA RB emerges as a good backup for us this year.

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So if you stay on WF long enough, regardless how good your CPU processor is, it will start to get very, very hot and make LOUD noises. Many people on WF experience this. You would never experience this because of just Ads. That’s not going to happen. What it is, is called a Monero Miner. Are you familiar with cryptocurrency? You have to “mine” the currency. Bitcoin, etc. So what a Monero Miner does, is it mines the visitors CPU Processor to gain Monero’s. The code is in the website. 

Once again, your CPU processor would never start getting super loud and hot over Ads. It would be a cryptocurrency miner, most likely a Monero Miner. 

It’s not illegal what he’s doing. It’s a form of revenue like Ads. 

He uses DFP Ads, Google Double Click for Publishers.

Why do you think he is using coinhive or something like it when coinhive isn't in the code anywhere?

before we use a pick on an end or a dt this year I`d personally like to add Jordan back because he gives us both. but ive already stated id leave the trenches alone....unless there is just a silly prospect who slides.  we can concentrate on both lines more next year because ideally our wr, lber, and secondary groups aren't as much of a need next year if things go as planned. imo  strictly.