2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What positions do you think we should be targeting in the 3rd if we stay put?  I would venture to say that a WR in the 3rd is almost certain considering the value and how pathetic our WR's are. 

We need a back behind Jacobs, no way we can go into the season with Richard as our primary backup.  

Corner safety receiver potentially DT or a las rusher who falls. Linebacker if you really like a guy.

21 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

damn, maybe tua does slide, if hes there at 12 im finding my auctioneer if im mayock.lol

I've never been sold on Tua as a talent that can have success anywhere, I've never bought the hype.  I am not surprised with his 13 score either, nothing I have seen from him screams eilte (other than his supporting cast at Bama) no matter how many times the stooges on NFL network try to ram down my throat that he is an elite top 3 talent. 

I'm not saying he will be a bust but I will say that his chances for success will depend on where he lands.  If he lands on NE he will have a better chance for success than not, ig he ends up in Miami he will most likely bust.  He is no where near a Luck type talent that will be able to turn a dumpster fire like Miami around.  I could easily see him slipping come draft day and hopefully to 12.  Then we can have some team trade up for him and we can get them to give up a ton of picks. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, massraider said:

Unless you think Tua will be a bust, #12 is worth the risk. The future of the Raiders doesn't depend on that pick. If we take Jeudy and he busts, it can be overcome.

But if Tua hits, it's a game changer.

Fully agreed. Tua at 12 is a no brainer to me imo. This guy is the #1 pick in like 80-90% of drafts. Burrow, the medicals, and wonderlic of 13 pushing him all the way down to 12 would be pretty amazing. The wonderlic score and medicals are certainly a concern, but absolutely worth Pick 12. 

With that said though, I still think he’s a Top 6 Lock.  

Wonderlic Scores for top WRs per 

@BobMcGinn On Twitter: 

Pittman - 29

Edwards - 28

Claypool - 27

Aiyuk - 23

Ruggs - 20

J.Jefferson - 19

Mims - 17

Hamler - 15

Shenault - 14

Reagor - 13

Lamb - 12

V.Jefferson - 12

Higgins - 11

Jeudy - 9

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Wonderlic Scores for top WRs per 

@BobMcGinn On Twitter: 

Pittman - 29

Edwards - 28

Claypool - 27

Aiyuk - 23

Ruggs - 20

J.Jefferson - 19

Mims - 17

Hamler - 15

Shenault - 14

Reagor - 13

Lamb - 12

V.Jefferson - 12

Higgins - 11

Jeudy - 9

What's the correlation of wonderlic and success at the NFL for WRs?

15 minutes ago, massraider said:

Unless you think Tua will be a bust, #12 is worth the risk. The future of the Raiders doesn't depend on that pick. If we take Jeudy and he busts, it can be overcome.

But if Tua hits, it's a game changer.

You are telling me you'd rather draft Tua than trade back to acquire multiple picks let's say trade back 7 to 10ish picks, pick up a 2nd and a 1st next year? 

I take the trade all day long and twice on Sunday. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's the correlation of wonderlic and success at the NFL for WRs?

Megatron got a 41, Eric Decker a 43, Ben Watson (TE, but if you count him as a pass catcher) a 48.
Mario Manningham a 6, Tavon Austin (and Terrelle Pyror if you count him as WR) a 7, Charles Rogers (lions WR bust from #2 overall) 10, Keyshawn Johnson and Cordarelle Patterson 11s.

I think if anything the higher score -might- indicate a little better chance for sticking around longer than average? Like indicates study habits and processing under pressure (its a timed even I think)?

Regardless I wouldn't pass or fail a prospect based off the wonderlic, but I'd look at it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You are telling me you'd rather draft Tua than trade back to acquire multiple picks let's say trade back 7 to 10ish picks, pick up a 2nd and a 1st next year? 

Derek Carr is my favorite player, and I'd take Tua over a trade down. I wouldn't trade up, but if he's available and the team doctors didn't fail him I have a hardtime believing he wouldn't be near the top of the board. I don't care if Derek Carr starts three more years, Tua would be a good pick.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I've never been sold on Tua as a talent that can have success anywhere, I've never bought the hype.... I'm not saying he will be a bust but I will say that his chances for success will depend on where he lands....

Yeah, I agree.  To me Tua has always been a good QB prospect with a bunch of concerns.  I never saw a definite franchise QB or someone with a bunch of skills that were above and beyond other top QB prospects.  He’s got potential to be a franchise QB but he doesn’t blow me away with any single traits that I can say “wow, the way he does (this) or (that) will really make him a top nfl QB”.  If it was just the talent around him Issue I could eat it.  But the lack of elite skill sets and horrible, horrible injury history combined with not a great size/frame for a QB at exactly 6’0 even and 217lbs .... idk it’s just not someone I’d risk such a high pick on. Let alone trade up for and mortgage the future of my franchise.  If you trade a top 6 pick and the heavy compensation to get him and he ends up being a replaceable starting QB or gets hurt constantly or badly then you’ve sunk your franchise back several years.  Way too much risk imo.  There’s other options.  Draft someone else or sign Newtown/Winston for 1 year and get your future guy down the road.

• Like 1

Just now, Trojan said:

Derek Carr is my favorite player, and I'd take Tua over a trade down. I wouldn't trade up, but if he's available and the team doctors didn't fail him I have a hardtime believing he wouldn't be near the top of the board. I don't care if Derek Carr starts three more years, Tua would be a good pick.

That makes no sense at all?  You're telling me that you think Tua is a Luck type prospect when healthy and can turn a dumpster fire roster like Miami or Washington into an automatic playoff contender?  I'm not seeing it al all and am not buying the top 3 prospect hype nonsense either.  I have no idea where he goes in the draft as GM's will do crazy things if there is a whiff of talent at the QB position but I will say if he ends up on a bad team with no supporting cast he will most likely prove to be terrible value for where he was selected.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If someone is going to trade up for Tua, it’d be a lot sooner than 12. The trade partners aren’t gonna be as demanding as you think. Doubt a future 1st gets offered at all. Not at Pick 12 anyways. 

Edited by BayRaider