Official 2020 QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

Just now, jrry32 said:

Are we assuming Fromm and Hurts go on Day 2? If so, I guess Anthony Gordon. If not, I'd lean towards Fromm.

Yeah, I was assuming Fromm / Hurts Day 2 (though wouldn't shock me if Fromm is there on day 3). 

I'm leaning James Morgan myself. Do kind of like Luton, but I hate quarterbacks that tall lol. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I was assuming Fromm / Hurts Day 2 (though wouldn't shock me if Fromm is there on day 3). 

I'm leaning James Morgan myself. Do kind of like Luton, but I hate quarterbacks that tall lol. 

Morgan's complete inability to handle pressure is a nonstarter for me. Gordon has issues there too, but I like his mentality and playing style on the field.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Morgan's complete inability to handle pressure is a nonstarter for me. Gordon has issues there too, but I like his mentality and playing style on the field.

But he's fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun to watch. I mean, it's in that Ryan Fitzpatrick way, not like that Patrick Mahomes way, but fun is fun, damnit. 

Only developmental QB from Rounds 4-7 I like is Nate Stanley. He has all the tools in the world to succeed. And then scoring a 40 wonderlic was basically bonus points. I think he has maybe a 15% chance of becoming anything topps, but that’s the only one I see that has a chance. Anthony Gordon will be a solid backup in the NFL, and I see James Morgan as a pure gadget guy. 

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Are we assuming Fromm and Hurts go on Day 2? If so, I guess Anthony Gordon. If not, I'd lean towards Fromm.

This is what I’m assuming. All three of those guys probably go in the 3rd Round. I could see Hurts sneaking into the Late 2nd, but they are all Day 2 Picks. Hard to imagine Fromm gets past both the Patriots at Pick 87 and Saints at Pick 88. 

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

But he's fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun to watch. I mean, it's in that Ryan Fitzpatrick way, not like that Patrick Mahomes way, but fun is fun, damnit. 

Morgan or Gordon? Because that's how I'd classify Gordon. 

The more I watch Burrow, the more I think he could be the best QB prospect for years...

He's like a wish list that a smart offensive coordinator would want/need from a QB - pin point accuracy (to the point that it doesn't matter that he hasn't got a lazer), pre-snap diagnosis appears advanced already, post-snap adjustment is very good. Those 3 things almost guarantee a good QB in the NFL, I'd say. A smart QB who can put the ball exactly where it needs to be....gimme.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The more I watch Burrow, the more I think he could be the best QB prospect for years...

He's like a wish list that a smart offensive coordinator would want/need from a QB - pin point accuracy (to the point that it doesn't matter that he hasn't got a lazer), pre-snap diagnosis appears advanced already, post-snap adjustment is very good. Those 3 things almost guarantee a good QB in the NFL, I'd say. A smart QB who can put the ball exactly where it needs to be....gimme.

Draft wire had a fun article about how the LSU defense was doubting itself before the 2019 season because they were getting beat so bad by Burrow.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2020/04/21/joe-burrow-lsu-defense-nfl-draft/

“He killed us so much in practice,” defensive lineman Rashard Lawrence told Draft Wire’s Justin Melo back in February. “That was tough. We never got the upper hand on him. We couldn’t touch him in practice. Joe has all of the intangibles. He would see us in a certain coverage and just pick us apart. Whether we were only rushing three guys or bringing a five or six man pressure, he always had a feel for it.

“Yeah, that’s exactly how it went in the beginning,” Fulton told Melo in early April. “We had a lot of defense-only team meetings after those practices. ‘What’s really going on out there? Are those guys that good or are we that bad?’ We had to get on the same page. That’s exactly how it went.”

• Like 1

JT O Sullivan (QB School on Youtube) finally released his QB Big Board that he said for a while he’s gonna release:

1) Tua Tagovailoa

2) Joe Burrow

3) Jake Fromm

4) Jordan Love

5) Nate Stanley

6) Anthony Gordon

7) Jalen Hurts

8) Justin Herbert

9) Jacob Eason

10) Steven Montez