Who will have a better season? Mitchell Trubiski or Baker Mayfield

mdonnelly21

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you take this upcoming NFL Season?

• Mitchell Trubiski
    • Baker Mayfield

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Miller is better because he had more TDs than Callaway even though he had less yards and less per receptions and Robinson is better than Callaway because he had more receptions for a better average (.1) even though he had less TDs. If those are the reasons each player is better you have some conflicting results.I don't know if I watched a Bears game last year so I can't really say how good either of them were but using statistical data doesn't work because what elevates one dismisses the other.

Miller had 7 TDs, whereas Callaway had 5 TDs, as the 3rd WR, playing with a separated shoulder for 12 games.  Their other numbers were very similar.  (With Miller playing one less game). Robinson was more productive across the board than Callaway (Except for Callaway having one more TD) in 2 less games.  

• 4 weeks later...

This is a tough call.  Browns are loaded with talent and I really like Baker.

I voted MT because I have a feeling this is going to be Chicago's year in NFL as a complete team, but Browns look better offensively on paper and I think Baker is better QB at moment and probably always will be barring unforseen circumstance.  Though I do think vast majority is underestimating MT and the Bears offense this season.

I also think you can't remove defense from equation and Chicago has better defense. 

My concern is as uber talented as Browns are on boths sides of ball a lot of that talent is either a combustible personality and/or a character concern.  A lot of me guys on that team.  A lot of immature guys on that team. Not sure coach is tough enough to reel them or handle them. 

If they get on a roll they could steam roll.  They have some crazy talent from all these early picks for thirty years.  Some people most haven't even really considered, guys like Njuku or however you spell it.  If they get two or three fluke losses close together and start facing criticism or adversity in a year of expectations - look out. 

Bears seem to be built of more higher character guys. 

Didn't get to see Baker play.  

Saw plenty of Trubisky.

On paper, Baker has a lot more talent around him....on offense.  It isn't even close.

On paper, Trubisky has the much better defense.

Thinking that Trubisky gets a couple wins more than Baker.

Baker puts up much better stats.

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I voted MT because I am a bears fan

FIFY

Baker is the better QB with the FAR superior supporting cast. The only thing that MT has going for him is that he has the FAR superior offensive coach in Matt Nagy (and a better OL). Given the information we have, it would be foolish to say MT will have a better season, and dumb luck (on the part of the person who makes this claim) if it actually happens lol

To me, Kitchens is a huge question mark. We really don't know who he is or what he is about. He had a nice run at the end of the season, sure. I think the team got a huge boost from Hue getting fired, and I think that a lot of things started to go right for that team, but I don't know if you can attribute that to kitchens. 

I haven't really followed him specifically this offseason, but I did see him make some weird comments about Odell and then back them down a few days later. You don't see NFL head coaches do that sort of thing often, and it was enough to make me continue to question who this guy is more than I already am. I mean, he was a QB coach last year to start the year and now he is a HC? When is the last time that type of jump has been made and it actually works out? I know the bungals are trying it too, idk. 

If the browns don't make the playoffs this year, does kitchens keep his job?