NFC North: Who wins it this year?

MrOaktown_56

Who wins the NFC North?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFC North?

8 hours ago, Activated10 said:

I really want to put $1000 on the Packers winning the SB.

I've read elsewhere that the strategically superior move is to bet on each of their playoff games and roll the winnings into the next game all the way through
Futures are a blast though and getting 25:1 is pretty tasty,  even if its considered a "sucker bet"

I have immense faith in Mike Pettine delivering a top defense and they certainly gave him the players to pull it off.
Rodgers with an even bigger chip on his shoulders should fuel the offensive side of the ball.

AAA offense:

Aaron Rodgers
                Aaron Jones
Davante Adams

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I have immense faith in Mike Pettine delivering a top defense and they certainly gave him the players to pull it off.

You gotta give the guy credit. He did a FANTASTIC job of stopping the Browns from scoring points over a 2 year period.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Activated10 said:

I really want to put $1000 on the Packers winning the SB. I believe it's their year this year, although when thr last time a rookie HC won a SB? That's my only concern for them atm. 

do you want to lose money?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You gotta give the guy credit. He did a FANTASTIC job of stopping the Browns from scoring points over a 2 year period.

He also won 7 games in a season, which ironically enough is something the Browns achieved exactly once in the 11 years prior to his arrival
When he won 3 games the following season, that was 3 x the output of the Browns over their next 32 games

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

He also won 7 games in a season, which ironically enough is something the Browns achieved exactly once in the 11 years prior to his arrival

Brian Hoyer for MVP!

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

When he won 3 games the following season, that was 3 x the output of the Browns over their next 32 games

Hue Jackson for LVP!

12 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

The question is if Pettine can get quality DB play. Whenever he had a good defense, he had an extremely competent DB group. The Packers secondary hasn't shown to be good recently so they must step up.

29 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I've read elsewhere that the strategically superior move is to bet on each of their playoff games and roll the winnings into the next game all the way through
Futures are a blast though and getting 25:1 is pretty tasty,  even if its considered a "sucker bet"

Rodgers with an even bigger chip on his shoulders should fuel the offensive side of the ball.

AAA offense:

Aaron Rodgers
                Aaron Jones
Davante Adams

You simply don't bet that a team with high flying offense will have top defense.

It will all come down to a game in which offense has to score 27 points against a good defense. If he can, Packers will have good chance making SB. It really doesn't matter how he plays in regular season s.

Edited by William Lee

I'll go

1) Packers (11-5-0)

2) Bears (10-6-0)

3) Vikings (8-8-0)

4) Lions (5-11-0)

I don't see any of these teams winning more than 11 games because I think they will beat up on each other. All of them are solid, but none are a world beater.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolts223 said:

I'll go

1) Packers (11-5-0)

2) Bears (10-6-0)

3) Vikings (8-8-0)

4) Lions (5-11-0)

I don't see any of these teams winning more than 11 games because I think they will beat up on each other. All of them are solid, but none are a world beater.

I wonder if 10-6 in the NFC will be good enough to make the playoffs.

I think the Saints win the south and one of the falcons/panthers will blow up. Rams win the west and Seattle will push for WC. Eagles win the east, and cowboys push for WC.

25 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I wonder if 10-6 in the NFC will be good enough to make the playoffs.

I think the Saints win the south and one of the falcons/panthers will blow up. Rams win the west and Seattle will push for WC. Eagles win the east, and cowboys push for WC.

I think it will be.

Just because a lot of teams have potential doesn't necessarily mean they will all end up being good. Chances are at least one of the teams you mentioned will have their season derailed by injury or will just be a lot worse than expected. It happens every year.

People last year were saying how much of a powerhouse the NFC was supposed to be and the AFC actually ended up being the better conference in terms of head to head record in interconference games and having more teams above .500.

21 hours ago, N4L said:

I think the bears will regress because they wont force as many turnovers next year. What they did last year was unsustainable. That alone will lead to a few more losses. 

I also need to see more from MT. He was a one read kind of guy last year. Even on plays where he moved his head, it didn't seem like he was going through reads, seemed like he was trying to look off defenders. Nagy has done a great job of getting his first read open, and MT has operated within the offense, but until I see more from him, I am going to be somewhat skeptical. 

Yes, there is absolutely no way that the offense will be any better. They'll probably go 3-13. 

8 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

AAA offense:

Aaron Rodgers
                Aaron Jones
Davante Adams

I'm a rookie in betting so don't understand how that works. Could you explain if you're not busy Shane.