Anthony Davis traded to Lakers (Ball/Ingram/Hart/3 1sts)

NYRaider

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

He is averaging 11 PPG through 3 seasons, is not an elite defender and not a playmaker. He still has the age factor but that will be gone in 2 years if he doesn't significantly improve. 

If you include his rookie year, yeah. His post ASG splits are what I expect moving forward. Dude isn’t average, he’s a good piece. Obviously never going to be a star or anything.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

He did? This is such a stupid take. If Hayward doesn’t break his ankle we aren’t even talking about this.

what chances did he take? Signing an Allstar in his prime? Not what I would call a risk. Trading for Kawhi would be and it would have been more than worth it.

But you are right, he had bad luck with the Hayward injury.

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

How was Ainge stingy? He paid up in the Kyrie deal, I don’t think the Kawhi deal was ever legitimate and he would’ve paid up for AD but Kyrie left and AD said he wouldn’t resign. 

Knocking Danny for this is stupid tbh.

We always heard they were passing on trading for stars bc their target was AD. I mean it may be related to some things out of his control but his plan failed. Now he has to build like everyone else after finessing the most devastating trade of all time 

• Like 1

Just now, SBLIII said:

what chances did he take? Signing an Allstar in his prime? Not what I would call a risk. Trading for Kawhi would be and it would have been more than worth it.

Besides Kawhi trade for Toronto how many risks actually pay off, and that was because of a injured GS team. Kawhi still probably going to leave

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

We always heard they were passing on trading for stars bc their target was AD. I mean it may be related to some things out of his control but his plan failed. Now he has to build like everyone else after finessing the most devastating trade of all time 

Not his fault AD doesn’t want to come here.

1 minute ago, Fresh Prince said:

Besides Kawhi trade for Toronto how many risks actually pay off, and that was because of a injured GS team. Kawhi still probably going to leave

Even if he leaves it was well worth it for Toronto. If he stays Masai will look like a genius.

9 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Kyrie? He tried to trade for AD. Just didn’t work out. Blaming Danny is stupid. He was a genius two years ago before Hayward snapped his ankle.

13 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Not his fault AD doesn’t want to come here.

Maybe he shouldn't have stock piled assets to trade for him then? I mean I don't really see how we let Danny off the hook for the last 5 years, but sure.

He made a great deal for Kyrie and surrounded him with a team that couldn't function. In hindsight he should have gone all in with Kyrie and dealt those guys or just built around the young team. Can't really build two teams at once. The Hayward injury is of course the thing that may have really blew it but obviously injuries happen

You:

5 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Dwight got traded to the lakers when he was 26, AD got traded to the lakers when he was 26....

Kobe was 34....

LeBron is 34....

What could possibly go wrong lmao

Also you:

Absolutely. Probably win it all next year. AD going to hate being criticized by LA media though. I’ll bet my life on it.

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Maybe he shouldn't have stock piled assets to trade for him then? I mean I don't really see how we let Danny off the hook for the last 5 years, but sure.

He made a great deal for Kyrie and surrounded him with a team that couldn't function. In hindsight he should have gone all in with Kyrie and dealt those guys or just built around the young team. Can't really build two teams at once. The Hayward injury is of course the thing that may have really blew it but obviously injuries happen

What? The team couldn’t function because of Kyrie to an extent. Blaming Danny is such a lazy take. He made the move for Kyrie, hit on the draft picks and got Gordon to stay here. Hayward breaking his ankle is what killed the Celtics. You can’t just predict something like that happening. If Gordon doesn’t break his ankle and Kyrie doesn’t leave we’re probably looking at a starting 5 of

Kyrie

Brown

Hayward

AD

Horford

Things just didn’t work out that way, no one to blame really.

Just now, 49er pride said:

You:

Also you:

Yeah and? Lakers are the likely favorites heading into next year. That doesn’t change the fact that Lebron is old as dirt and could fall off the face of the earth at any moment, it also doesn’t change the fact that AD is a lot like Dwight mentally and he may absolutely hate the pressure and criticism he’ll get in LA.

Time will tell, it’s just humorous how eerily similar the situations are

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah and? Lakers are the likely favorites heading into next year. That doesn’t change the fact that Lebron is old as dirt and could fall off the face of the earth at any moment, it also doesn’t change the fact that AD is a lot like Dwight mentally and he may absolutely hate the pressure and criticism he’ll get in LA.

Kobe was playing some of his best basketball of his life before he had a fluke injury. The Lakers were rolling the second half of the season. Also, Davis isn't coming off a serious back injury. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

And how many people expected Kevin Durant to tear his Achilles AND Klay Thompson to tear his ACL in the same series?  That's what I thought.  The Lakers saw an opportunity to go after one of the premier players in the NBA.  And they got him.  Meanwhile, Danny Ainge is sitting on treasure chest of picks with what to show for it?  I'd rather have LeBron and Anthony Davis.