Aaron Rodgers Wants More Control.

GHARMON9

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001033990/article/lafleur-rodgers-navigating-gap-between-system-qbs-freedom?campaign=Twitter_atn

Except when you read the full quotes it sounds a lot less troubling and more of just two guys trying to figure this out. There was the same talk when MM came in with Favre. Florio is always going to cherry pick quotes to make it sound apocalyptic. 

From Rodgers:

"(I won't call) checks just to call checks," the quarterback said. "Look, you know the offense is great. And you scheme people up and you have formations and motions, and it should be fantastic. But if we need a little something, it's 'cause we need it.

"Any check I've ever made is about getting us in a best-play scenario. So when it comes to that, if we need that, I'm sure he'll be happy when it looks the right way."

• Like 2

More ****ting on Mike Silver. He literally went on TV last week and only said the **** Mike Florio quoted to try and start this first. Florio is bandwagon hating and Mike Silver blows lol

Edited by Norm
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

More ****ting on Mike Silver. He literally went on TV last week and only said the **** Mike Florio quoted to try and start this first. Florio is bandwagon hating and Mike Silver blows lol

Definitely - Silver did a great job creating a controversy and getting clicks on his piece. Let it simmer over the weekend and then drop the piece Monday morning after the narrative of a power struggle is out there. Florio just amplifies any Packers' tension he can. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Definitely - Silver did a great job creating a controversy and getting clicks on his piece. Let it simmer over the weekend and then drop the piece Monday morning after the narrative of a power struggle is out there. Florio just amplifies any Packers' tension he can. 

Oh 100% agree. Silver has been taking weird shots at GB for ages too. Pretty sure it started as harmless joking about Ted during FA and must have been some backlash so then he just started doing it all the time. He was talking some random mess about our draft class on NFL Network ages back out of nowhere. Like nobody asked him and he's just like OH AND BY THE WAY, GBs draft class was crap!! I was like okay. You're just going out of your way to do it now lol. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Norm said:

I called this **** coming, sort of lol

Winning is the only thing that can stop this stuff.  McCarthy got the blame for a failing offense last year .. I think if he offense fails again it's Rodgers who should get the blame.  Another non playoff season and I think the Packers should start getting serious about a new game plan at QB.  LaFleur is the expert in the offense and Rodgers needs to run it the way it's supposed to be run.  Sure, Rodgers will have some freedom here and there, but should not have enough freedom that he turns this offense into his show.

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Winning is the only thing that can stop this stuff.  McCarthy got the blame for a failing offense last year .. I think if he offense fails again it's Rodgers who should get the blame.  Another non playoff season and I think the Packers should start getting serious about a new game plan at QB.  LaFleur is the expert in the offense and Rodgers needs to run it the way it's supposed to be run.  Sure, Rodgers will have some freedom here and there, but should not have enough freedom that he turns this offense into his show.

I'm not even sure winning even stops this built up drama these days lol

Just now, Norm said:

No wins under Matty L 

We should have traded Brett Favre after the 97/98 season.  Guess who we could have drafted had we traded Favre to the Colts. 

And I got grief for saying we should have traded Rodgers and look who we could have drafted if we'd traded him before re-signing him. 

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We should have traded Brett Favre after the 97/98 season.  Guess who we could have drafted had we traded Favre to the Colts. 

And I got grief for saying we should have traded Rodgers and look who we could have drafted if we'd traded him before re-signing him. 

I know the first one, who could we have got for the second one?

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

Somebody keep me from reading NFL General ever again. I lose brain cells everytime I go in there. O.o

Unfortunately, that needs to be self imposed. Problem is the more brain cells lost....the more frequent you visit there.
Its a vicious cycle and its not going to end well :)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The drama was supposed to stop with McCarthy, but it didn't.  I wonder why. 

Because in 2019 media = drama, and the low IQ eat it up. The drama will never end unless the Packers are winning or we suck so much no one cares to read about it. The drama will never end in NE, nor will it end for Big Ben and Antonio Brown saga in Pitt. That's how they make money.

The guy said he will continue to change plays at the line. People are legitimately dumb enough where this is considered controversial. There are 7 days in a week, the sky is blue, NFL QBs change plays at the LOS, those 3 statements are about equal in the amount of controversy they should cause. I guess when you have a group of people who believe the Earth is flat this shouldnt surprise you.

• Like 3

Just now, Norm said:

I know the first one, who could we have got for the second one?

If we had traded Rodgers heading into the 2018 season instead of eventually signing him in August or whenever it was, chances are we could have gotten the first overall pick from the Browns and drafted Baker Mayfield.

We probably could also have gotten the 4th overall pick.  Denzel Ward or Bradley Chubb.  Would have sucked to not get Jaire Alexander, but we could have drafted Derwin James 14th overall. 

Obviously this is all hindsight, but at this point I would literally trade Aaron Rodgers for Baker Mayfield straight up.  With the roster we have right now, and Baker Mayfield on a rookie contract, that is literally the recipe every single team except for the Patriots has followed to Super Bowl wins in the past 20 years. 

That's the NFL in the salary cap era. 

https://thecomeback.com/nfl/what-is-the-average-age-of-super-bowl-winning-quarterbacks.html

25 or younger: 5 Super Bowls
26-30 years old: 24 Super Bowls
31-35 years old: 16 Super Bowls
36 or older: 7 Super Bowls

John Elway, John Elway, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are the only quarterbacks to win a Super Bowl over the age of 36 in the free agency era of football. 

John Elway was nothing more than a game manager at that point, same with Manning. 

Aaron Rodgers is 35 years old turning 36 this season. 

This is Brett Favre all over again and I'm the only one who can see it.  Unless Gute has completely nailed these first two draft classes and Alexander is as good as I think he will be, Gary is good to great and Savage is as savage as I know he will be, we've squandered all value Rodgers had by keeping him. 

Aaron Rodgers is nothing without a defense.  That's not a slight on Rodgers, that is a fact of the NFL.  People slobber all over Brady without acknowledging that he ain't **** without defense.  He lost the AFC Championship game and was saved by a phantom neutral zone infraction.  He lost last year's Championship game and was saved by a blown whistle.  Tom Brady SUCKS in Championship games. 

In case nobody watched this past Super Bowl, he SUCKED.  And yet he's GOAT. 

Look at his Super Bowl numbers.  Everybody calls him the hero of the Falcons comeback when the defense won that game and he sucked badly enough to get them in that hole. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/03/tom-brady-patriots-quarterback-super-bowl-stats

Those are pedestrian AT BEST numbers, and yet he's GOAT. 

Everybody here defending Aaron Rodgers who hasn't done a damn thing since 2010 and they also neglect how much he sucked in The Great Sorrow and only seem to blame Clinton-Dix, Peppers, Burnett and Bostick.  He sucked in the Bears Championship game, too.  He sucked in both losses to the Niners.  He sucked against the Giants.  People remember his Hail Mary's against the Cardinals in the Jeff Janis year, but other than those two single plays he sucked.  And he sucked against the Buzzsaw Falcons, too.  Maybe it wouldn't have turned into a runaway victory for the Falcons if he didn't suck so bad so early. 

Aaron Rodgers hasn't had a fast start to a football game in 4 years. 

We fired our head coach because his offense sucked and it was all his fault and Rodgers was some poor innocent victim and then we hire an offensive genius and Rodgers is saying don't forget about the little guy. 

And everybody somehow doubts that Murphy told Rodgers not to be the problem. 

He's a diva loser with unprecedented ability who let that unprecedented ability get into his head and let him become a standard QB while his peer has the most precedented ability for a QB ever and turned himself into a six time Super Bowl winner. 

This is like watching some movie where you're shown that some phony is actually a villain and you have to stress with the protagonist finding out that he's actually a phony.  How am I in the minority of people seeing Rodgers for who he really is?  It's like a Twilight Zone episode with all the people coming up with all the excuses in the world for him.