Aaron Rodgers Wants More Control.

GHARMON9

21 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Only if it’s the Packers that win the Super Bowl.  At 32nd overall, I’m on board with a WR or TE with our first pick.  Only at 32 though.  

If we win the Super Bowl this year I swear on all th... Not all, but I swear on The Thing as my favorite movie I will do something embarrassing and admit I was wrong.  We won’t win the Super Bowl this year though.  That’s not me trying to reverse jinx it, that is just 100% factual, and I’m okay with that because I’ll still enjoy watching Gary and Savage and Alexander and Clark and their progression.  

I'm with yah.   This is the year for progressing those young players and getting acclimated to the scheme and the new coaches.  I do think GB will be competitive, just not a real Super Bowl contender.

Next year and the year after is when I feel we will have better chances.  I think that is when those recent "good" draft classes will be pretty special.

Like you, I'll watch the young guys with a watchful eye, but I'm also going to really enjoy watching our two new edge rushers and Turner at guard.  That guy can move for a big man and he has attitude.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I told you you had to find the terms of the bet and I would own up.  I honestly didn’t and don’t remember the bet.

I remember it as I was in on it.

And...I remember not really caring to enforce it because it came via injury (Cobb/GMO).  I feel like you (Outpost) has given us some pretty awesome posts about how great MVS and ESB were as rookies and admitted time and time again that they were "outliers" due to that first year production.  That's more than good enough for me.

• Like 1

As far as this thread/topic goes?

...game on the line, who do you want calling the plays on the last drive?  Rodgers, LeFleur or a combo of both?

I think everyone here wants a combo approach, meaning the QB and coach need to trust one another and have faith in one another.  Clearly that wasn't the case last year and I'd argue a year or two prior.  But that trust comes from two things....communication and winning plays.  Tough to have either in a first mini-camp.  Right now they are communicating, and we know the telephone game quite well.  Let's let them both keep talking and earning each other's trust and see what happens.

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

You're better than that. Rodgers track record is good enough for me. Nonsense is ignoring the injury.

He wasn't that injured. Certainly not in the second half of the season.

He had a heavy grade 1 MCL Sprain and an indent fracture on his tibia. 

He didn't even have surgery this off-season.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

First, nobody said McCarthy was great.  

Second, using somebody being unemployed as proof that they suck, especially after being smeared by ruthless fans who put all the blame on him, is a terrible attempt at justification.  

As far as Marcedes Lewis re-signing, again... Turrible attempt at justification.  Maybe he re-signed because we offered to re-sign him and he thought things would change under a new head coach.

Some people are perfectly capable of putting all the blame on McCarthy.  Others can look at Aaron Rodgers and his performance against the worst team in football last year.  Some people can blame McCarthy fully for that game.  Some people can see that, when Aaron Rodgers has his worst yards per attempt of his entire career against the worst team in football, maybe it wasn't all on McCarthy.

Yes, it's true.  You can look it up yourself.  Aaron Rodgers had 4.7 yards per attempt against the Cardinals.  THE CARDINALS.  That was Aaron's worst game as a professional football player in a game he finished.  In his entire career.  Yet it's all McCarthy's fault. 

On 50 attempts, Rodgers had 233 yards passing. 

And the evidence doesn't improve for Rodgers.  Rodgers had 6.8 yards per attempt under Philbin last year.  He averaged 7.7 yards per attempt while coached by McCarthy. 

With McCarthy - 21 touchdowns, 1 interception.
Without McCarthy, 4 touchdowns, 1 interception.

Aaron Rodgers sucked last year and everybody is ready to blame McCarthy without casting the slightest glance at Rodgers and it is sickening. 

I never put all the blame on MM.  There were multiple reason things went south last year.  The defense was a mess with half the starters out late in the season.   Our ST wasn't so special.  Rodgers played poorly, no question.  Was AR playing hurt?  Did he not trust his WRs?  Without being in that locker room we'll never know.  No one player is the demise of a team.  Football is the ultimate team sport.   But I find it rather telling that teams were not interested in even INTERVIEWING McCarthy after the end of last season.  

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Are you certain?   Without intimate knowledge none of us on this forum can say.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

In his own head too much over thinking? That kind of thing? 

That's my feel. And my first thought was a fresh start will help that all a ton. But I'm still worried if things don't go well early and continue that way for a while...

I'm not at ALL trying to predict catastrophe but at the same time I have reservations that this new young coach might not be able to pull him back if he starts drifting away again

Rodgers just didn't play well.  Film doesn't lie and his wasn't pretty as far as Aaron Rodgers film goes.  Strange thing is how much trouble he seemed to have reading defenses this year.  I don't know if it was the conflict with McCarthy, issues in the film sessions, or some other issue, but man Rodgers' pre-snap game was borderline terrible at times.  He was sacked repeatedly on blitzes that he never identified at all, even when the hot route was looking desperately for the ball.  Multiple times he pulled the ball down when there was a receiver running free to the open spot in the defense; his inconsistent accuracy can be blamed on his leg, but his inability to read coverages can't.  I'd love to know what really went down in Green Bay this year, because in just about every way he didn't look anything like the Rodgers we've seen in the past.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Are you certain?   Without intimate knowledge none of us on this forum can say.

He played meaningless football games after his dumpster fire Cardinal game got us bounced from playoff contention. 

If he was actually hurt and playing those games, our organization is dumb as hell

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. He never said that was the only reason for anything.

2. It's hard to evaluate a scheme when the QB isn't playing to it. Rodgers is a huge part of not using the RBs, both in changing runs to passes and refusing to throw the checks. Adams, Graham, half a season of Cobb, and Jones with a top tier offensive line is more than enough talent at the skill positions to make up for having two talented rookies at receiver. If it isn't, Rodgers is overrated as hell.

Rodgers was an average QB last year. None of the things you listed explain why Rodgers ball placement was mediocre all year, or why he couldn't throw a deep ball, or why he refused to throw into any tight windows. That was all him. Not McCarthy, Thompson, or MVS. 

The man needs to do some introspection and evaluate if "his" game is the best way to win football games. 

Damn dude, I pay very close attention to social dynamics because I find them to be incredibly relevant. Typically I don’t agree with big parts of your views because you seem to eliminate emotion and social dynamic from any equation. 

But in this case, with the great majority of Packer nation emotionally blinded with their love for Aaron Rodgers, your opinion is so clean and sparkling free of irrational emotion. 

I agree with you here. And Packer nation is now as blinded by AR as they were by Favre.