Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

No, Light and L are the main adversaries of the show.

In short..

Hide contents

Light is the character to finds the Death Note dropped by Ryuuk and is using the Death Note to remove all criminals from the face of the planet. L is the detective who is trying to catch Light.

So who is Ryuuk story wise. And also what is the name of the demon thing?

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

the question is, if my assumption is correct, how did they know who you were

I see two possibilties:

a) my assumption is absolutely incorrect and the Death notes in this game can just kill anyone they feel like

or

b) we got an kira with shinigami eyes running around

I think it could be A...

Having to match the character for the hit to work would be really tough.

Late game if you have people claiming and multiple hits it could be easier. But the first couple of days that's a brutal kill mechanic. 

Just now, pwny said:

So who is Ryuuk story wise. And also what is the name of the demon thing?

Ryuuk is that "demon thing". He's a Shinigami (god of death) who drops the Death Note into the human world. He does this out of boredom because apparently Shinigami don't really do anything anymore.

He more of less follows Light through most of the show, merely observing (but it should be noted he is completely neutral... he neither helps Light or helps L).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

I think it could be A...

Having to match the character for the hit to work would be really tough.

Late game if you have people claiming and multiple hits it could be easier. But the first couple of days that's a brutal kill mechanic. 

I actually think B is more likely if what you say is true.

Would fit for the second, third, and fourth Kiras, who all made the Shinigami eye deal

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Maybe.

Either that or you getting your balls chopped off is somehow unrelated to the Death Note. idk

Just now, Dome said:

So they had a day invest, then wrote my name in the book?

Note, in the show, all a person has to do to learn a person's name with Shinigami eyes is to look at them. So it could easily be a day invest.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Note, in the show, all a person has to do to learn a person's name with Shinigami eyes is to look at them. So it could easily be a day invest.

But then wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the mechanic of having to know the players name?

Cause whoever you want to hit, you just look at them with the shinigami eyes first then hit them. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

For a very long time, it was typically a 4-1 ratio with a strong civ powers or a 5-1 ratio with strong mafia powers. Randomly you would have a single other. Normally a live to win or cult. 

Over the years the game has become a lot more creative on this site. Now there are almost always others. 

My point though, is there have been several people assuming (slipping) that there are 2 scum factions. As if they know its 15-4-4 or something like that. I have no clue if that ratio makes sense thematically, but you get my point. 

I think us BDLers brought a number of our ways over.

1 hour ago, The Orca said:

Bad guy?

Ryuuk isn't good or bad.  The Shinigami, or gods of death/death gods, are kind of like the grim reaper.  They are more force of nature.  Ryuuk just happens to get really bored and wants entertainment.  He doesn't intervene or really care what happens one way or the other.

• Like 1