Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

this is why i don't believe that's what happened.

I have zero reason to believe that whatever move made on me was blocked, weakened or altered.

I got no feedback from malf other than him saying he can't expand on it. 

Of course malf cant expand it.....it got lopped off!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

If I had to guess...you can kill through just about any means imaginable with the Death Note.  This could include death through scrotal infection.  

It doesn't fit with 'surviving' the Death Note or anything else I can think of.  I think Dome is a dead man walking.  Obviously there could be other mechanics, but that's my first guess.

What about a SK? That would seem to be a fitting role in this game for someone in my opinion. Teru maybe. Yes, he's a follower, but I think that there can be a SK dynamic, but maybe it's day time kills? 

Just now, DingoLadd said:

Kira is also japanese for killer.

Actually its a common mispronunciation by the Japanese for the English word Killer (Japanese don't really have an equivilent for the L sound so they typically pronounce them like Rs... as I assume you've noticed on parodies like South Park and the like).

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

What about a SK? That would seem to be a fitting role in this game for someone in my opinion. Teru maybe. Yes, he's a follower, but I think that there can be a SK dynamic, but maybe it's day time kills? 

Even Teru uses the Death Note though

Although he has Shinigami eyes so he'd be able tod o this

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Maybe?  

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So as of now, it feels like this is going strongly off the "lore" of the source material.  though the OP says it is based on, which leaves some leeway for deviations.

If it was a day hit (vig hit), why would it fail?  How often does that type of hit fail without some protection on the person (either deathproof of some sort or another player protecting them)?

If it was a death note attempt, then the why did it fail.....and do we know that it in fact did fail?  Given the concept that others have shared that the death note can be written in the future for a time of death.

Is it possible that there are immediate death note options and future death note options?  Either by the same person/faction (holder of the death notebook) or 2 separate factions?

If it was the Death Note , the bolded is the most likely explanation

And as I said previously: If that is the case, the Death Note can control people before death so a conversion mechanic may even be in play.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

IF that is the case, then why did the hit attempt on Dome not kill him?  He says he did not have a deathproof.  Odds of a player protecting him is pretty low, so why would the kill not succeed?

24 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Lmao. @Matts4313 you better speed things up. 

I am not going to make it through. Ill probably watch a few episodes a night. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Perhaps its more dynamic than that. 

Rules of death note - the person who's name is written in this book shall die. Writer must have the person's face in mind. 

Maybe they have to know the player's role to make it successful? That way they can "have the face in mind"

@TheKillerNacho => You were talking about how you cant stop a death note kill. But isnt one of the rules you can remove the name before the kill happens? 

"Dome Dies by testy infection in 48 hours" 47 hours later "Remove Dome"

11 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Mia Sutton is just in the Hollywood movie and is based off of Misa Amane.

Whosh

10 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If Malf put in Mia Sutton over Misa, then we know he's a fraud.

lol Double Whoosh.

@DingoLadd => TRIPLE EFFING WHOOOOOOOSH

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If it was the Death Note , the bolded is the most likely explanation

And as I said previously: If that is the case, the Death Note can control people before death so a conversion mechanic may even be in play.

So if the death note on Dome was a future kill set up, and he could be converted, is he not the "best" lynch option D1?   Either we lose someone that was going to die anyway or we lynch someone that could be converted?

Sorry Dome, but that is where I am leaning currently based on the info we have.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

@TheKillerNacho => You were talking about how you cant stop a death note kill. But isnt one of the rules you can remove the name before the kill happens? 

Whosh

lol Double Whoosh.

no

Once someone's name is in the death note, they gonna die.

The only

ONLY

ONLY

way that person doesn't die is if they were already written in the Death Note. So if someone writes their own name and says they're going to die in 2 weeks then someone tries to write their name the next day to die in 40 seconds, the second attempt will not work because they are already under the effect of a previous Death Note effect.

Just now, squire12 said:

So if the death note on Dome was a future kill set up, and he could be converted, is he not the "best" lynch option D1?   Either we lose someone that was going to die anyway or we lynch someone that could be converted?

Sorry Dome, but that is where I am leaning currently based on the info we have.

My vote is currently on Dome for this very reason

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Whosh

lol Double Whoosh.

At least I'm always the first woosh