Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

This doesn't feel just too simple at this point to anyone else? 

He claimed kill first and then claimed scum but joking, then backtracked off the kill and claimed one shot visit. I don’t buy it but even if he is, he’s now vanilla. 

3 hours ago, SwAg said:

That a Watcher seems rather useless since ostensibly we have a lot of scum roles occurring during the day?  Yeah, I know.  But, it also serves as verification for Town rather than scum hunting.  And, makes me anxious about something we might not know about.

What are you anxious about that we might not know?

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

lol see my post above. 

One, I don't have anything to dispute his claim. I don't know what his knowledge of the source material is, but his claim absolutely makes sense to me - Wedy / Burglar become watcher. Doesn't make it true, but it makes sense. 

Two, I am operating under the assumption that the death note is not an every day type of kill. I think that Light needs to have both the person and the character. I think that there is likely a scum investigator who feeds character roles to Light as well. I think Glen signed his own death warrant by hard claiming his role. So it almost feels wasted. 

Three, spewy players vomiting all over themselves in games like these are almost always town in my experience. 

Did you read my thoughts on his claim a few pages ago?

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Admittedly, have not. Just getting off work, and I saw the votes so I made my post. I will try and catch up on the last few pages once work is officially over and all that. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He claimed kill first and then claimed scum but joking, then backtracked off the kill and claimed one shot visit. I don’t buy it but even if he is, he’s now vanilla. 

I prefer white bread if we're getting into food callin

From what I understood, it's likely the fake news writer is scum, and given that Matts personal life details were included in it, it's likely one of Dome, pwny or Matts himself who wrote the note.

Don't think Matts did it. I would be surprised if Dome put heat on himself d1 with a fake news on him, but it's possible. That leaves pwny

Did I forget anyone?

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Also consider this: He may not know who Wedy is but if it is indeed one of the fake claims given to scum, all he would have to do is look her up or ask one of his buddies in scum chat.

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

From what I understood, it's likely the fake news writer is scum, and given that Matts personal life details were included in it, it's likely one of Dome, pwny or Matts himself who wrote the note.

Don't think Matts did it. I would be surprised if Dome put heat on himself d1 with a fake news on him, but it's possible. That leaves pwny

Did I forget anyone?

Swag and Glen apparently knew as well, from what I gathered.

There's also the other tidbit I noticed: Glem checking in directly after both of them. js

With 20 players in the game, it's 11 to lynch

glen- 7 (nacho, dome, et80, mwil, woz, counselor, bcb

woz - 2 (glen, swag

nacho - 1(rack

pwn - 1(ted

counselor - 1 (forge

mission - 1 (Nazgul

Didn't vote

@DingoLadd

@squire12

@Ragnarok

@James

@mission27

@pwny

Vote today or die:

@Utley

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Nah, the problem I have with it is the exact opposite: It's too powerful.

I'm going to be making a few assumptions so yeah. Take this with a grain of salt.

Just the logistics of a 23-player game with only really 6 Kira-aligned characters (possible a few third parties if Malf is including other members of the Yotsuba group or the gang Melo takes control over) would already tell you balance is going to have to lean town. Then you add that every town character is , I'm assuming, a named character with some sort of power. This should tell you what most roles are going to be in strength.

Then of course I combine that with my own observation: We've seen three town players die: L, Raye Penber, and Rester. Raye doesn't have an ability at all, apparently. Rester has a limited ability (even nights only). L is probably the exception to this but that was already expected. Combine that with the knowledge of my own role, and there's something regarding Glem's role inconsistent:

He verified, several times, it was once per night.

My role, by comparison, has a single ability (an ability that is close in strength to a watcher, imo) that I can use only once. Now this wouldn't bother me if he was claiming one of the main members of the task force. But Wedy is by no means a main character. While I personally think she would be included in the game, she's so minor that she could easily be a scum fake claim. My role also fits in that area, for the record, but my power is, I feel, by design, minimal.

Watcher isn't really weak role. Especially in a role hell game that this apparently is. Even if Death Notes are active during the day, it seems, I'm certain most scum also have night actions. It can get a lot of information on a whim. This whole thing make me feel that Glen was trying to create a realistic ability for one of the fake claims he was given, "Wendy". But the power scaling just doesn't match. I don't think there are many town at all, least of all Wedy, who will have an unlimited ability like that. From what I've seen most town will probably not have an ability at all or it will be extremely limited (either only usable every other night or an X shot)

Now maybe I'm off on this. I wanted to see if anyone, with full knowledge of their own roles, would pick up on this. I thought for sure you might. But maybe you are simply one of the more staple members of the task force, or maybe you didn't realize this yet either because, well, you aren't town.

I will be interested to see if anyone backs me up on this.

@TheKillerNacho  I agree with you on the concept of the watcher role being a valuable role in a game that is likely filled with players night moves (with likely few vanilla roles).  

I would not go too far on the trying to match characters with role/abilities as that can get to be problematic when you are almost force fitting what you feel should and should not be right based on your view of how the game could/should be set up.  The host has the freedom to create and assign abilities for characters that fit the balance of the game in some manner that should be more important than the character itself.  

From my limited understanding of the source material, there are a lot of FBI or police agency (not sure their actual agency name), so several watchers, trackers, detectives, cops, etc would seem to fit.

2 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Matts said he didn't tell anyone since 2017, and Swag wasn't around then. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

I mean it was right in the death note 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

I just thought it was odd that I watched matts. No one visited him. And he died the next day.

Thought maybe someone(nacho) could clarify that wendy is like rogue from xmen

Could there be a game mechanic that the death note (submission to kill someone) would not be seen by a watcher?