Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Also truthfully ask yourself if i was mafia why would I go through all this trouble?

Has it really been a lot of trouble for you?

2 hours ago, Glen said:

But I'm just doing what they ask of me

Whom is the "they" that you are referring to in this statement?

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

@TheKillerNacho  I agree with you on the concept of the watcher role being a valuable role in a game that is likely filled with players night moves (with likely few vanilla roles).  

I would not go too far on the trying to match characters with role/abilities as that can get to be problematic when you are almost force fitting what you feel should and should not be right based on your view of how the game could/should be set up.  The host has the freedom to create and assign abilities for characters that fit the balance of the game in some manner that should be more important than the character itself.  

From my limited understanding of the source material, there are a lot of FBI or police agency (not sure their actual agency name), so several watchers, trackers, detectives, cops, etc would seem to fit.

Several sure. Limitless watcher to a minor character? I don't think it matches. Like I said if he claimed to be an X shot watcher or an odd/even night watcher I'd be more inclined to believe it. But the power level of his role seems to be a tad much compared to what we've seen from the other town roles, L excluded

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Could there be a game mechanic that the death note (submission to kill someone) would not be seen by a watcher?

I would imagine so. The person with the death note doesn't physically kill them, so they don't have to visit. So wouldn't shock me at all

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Has it really been a lot of trouble for you?

Whom is the "they" that you are referring to in this statement?

My mafia brethren of course!

Just now, TedLavie said:

By death note you mean the news report right? I'm talking about who wrote that note/report

Oh sure. Whatever it was where it claimed Matt's died

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Could there be a game mechanic that the death note (submission to kill someone) would not be seen by a watcher?

Could be.

Would be dumb.

But could be

1 hour ago, Woz said:
10 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

I have no current plans to read up the near 100 pages I missed.

On the whole, that was probably the right idea (sorry that you're dead now), but it did have a couple of interesting things along the way.

So, reverse-order chronologically speaking but bear with me.

3 hours ago, Glen said:

Glen is a trash troll

Revels in being a troll? Okay. Fun we have to dig through a lot more traffic that's just noise then.

10 hours ago, Glen said:

I have it on good authority that untouchable is mafia

So, he admits to being a troll and is passing along bad info. Hrmmm ...

Now, the weird part.

10 hours ago, Glen said:

I mean I said last night I was mafia.

Smh

23 hours ago, Glen said:

And by scum of the earth I mean

Matts

Nacho

And pwn

On 6/20/2019 at 6:05 PM, Glen said:
On 6/20/2019 at 5:15 PM, Matts4313 said:

Glen Why have you been all over the forum posting like a madman but havent come to play?

Are you hiding, @Glen?

Yes

Out there theory time: what if he's playing it straight up? What if he's telling us the truth in the most blatant way possible because no one would ever believe that anyone would be that ballsy/obvious? That's so ridiculous! ... right?

What if the troll is playing into his troll nature and basically putting forth the uber-obvious? What if he's telling the truth because there's no way we would accept it on its face?

At best, he's actively throwing up dirt because he can because its fun. That makes it hard for the rest of us to find mafia. At worst, he's being truthful. Take out Glen.

@Woz  You saying this is a gambit of it is so scummy it cant be true?  I am leaning that way currently.  Might even toss Nazgul into the mix as well.

22 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

From what I understood, it's likely the fake news writer is scum, and given that Matts personal life details were included in it, it's likely one of Dome, pwny or Matts himself who wrote the note.

Don't think Matts did it. I would be surprised if Dome put heat on himself d1 with a fake news on him, but it's possible. That leaves pwny

Did I forget anyone?

If I had to bet on the source of the fake news, I'd say ET

13 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Several sure. Limitless watcher to a minor character? I don't think it matches. Like I said if he claimed to be an X shot watcher or an odd/even night watcher I'd be more inclined to believe it. But the power level of his role seems to be a tad much compared to what we've seen from the other town roles, L excluded

The value of a watcher is if they can actually be watching a player on the night that they die.  In a 20+ player game 1 kill per night (thus far), it is a 5% chance to catch someone.  Those odds go up each night with less players, but so does the element of the watcher not being around.

I would say that with Touch being Even night cop, there is probably an odd night cop, along with some other variations.

I am not sure how many scum/mafia we would have in this game based on the source material, but 5-6 seems right.  So 17-18 town roles that potentially have a few vanilla roles.