Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

This would not be consistent with the Death Note mechanics. Well, unless you are about to die

I think we might be tying ourselves a bit too closely to the anime. Malf's first sentence in the thread:

On 6/16/2019 at 11:13 PM, Malfatron said:

This game will be based on the Death Note anime. You do not need to have knowledge of this anime to enjoy the game.

There's no guarantee that it will be exactly like the anime. In fact I would expect it to diverge so as to be able to play a mafia-style game.

6 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

If pokemon is irrelevant, then how do you know what detective pikachu is?  Lie!  I'd post the definition of lie, but somehow, that's already happened this game.

Everything that has happened in the thread the last 12 hours?

Morning all.  

It's kind of hard to avoid a movie about Ryan Reynolds voicing what amounts to a realistic plague carrier. 

6 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Thank you for this reference

Freaking weebs. 

Based on the one episode I've seen so far and the Netflix movie that I've mostly forgotten, that guy doesn't have to do the killing. The default I believe is that they just straight up die of a heart attack. Anyone that's seen it wanna tell me otherwise?

Its very much implied that he is causing them to die. He steals the amount of time that person was supposed to live and adds it to his own life. So if the die at 20, but they were supposed to live to 60, he gets an extra 40 years of life.

Again based on the one episode and Netflix movie I've mostly forgotten, I dont think that can happen. You either write their name down and successfully kill them how you say or nothing happens. I don't think there's any sort of halfway where you can maim someone and not kill them.

They die, but they dont have to die instantly. So if Dome was written in the Death Note, then he is destined to die. 

15 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Ryuk isn't the one doing the killing, actually. The Death Note does that on its own.

Interesting. I figured it was him since its his death notebook and he gets extra years of living from it.  

12 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Note: If Dome really was targetted by the Death Note, the Death Note has the power to control its victims before death. And thus, if we are to believe that is what happened, he's an immediate threat.

Weak af 

Just now, Ragnarok said:

If everyone else gets to get sidetracked on idiotic topics, why cant we?

Sorry, that was my mod radar detecting a "waste of thread space" event. Not saying you cannot do it, just asking you don't do it so we don't let mafia hide in the dust said argument would kick up. Had enough of those so far as it goes. But whateves.

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

Weak af 

Thats exactly what someone who is being mind controlled would say.

Did @The Orca ever fully explained why he faked an exchange with the host? i went to the gym so I was reading between sets but a bit distracted for a couple hours of the game.