Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Nacho

Then wants to push for a Dome lynch because of the "control".

Then flips from Dome again when it's pointed out that lynching is anti town because we won't know what happened.

Also, has led the overall direction/theories due to his "knowledge of the show", which makes me wonder to what extent he's inserting himself into the investigation.

Flipping often is more of a town read

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

No, really, I'm concerned about the people who are going to push the "whose sense of humor does this fit, lol" angle.  That seems like a high-risk prospect with almost no chance of success.

If you feel that serious about it, you should have let it play out a little more. You stopped that conversation when it was basically just TKN and whoever said ET80 (mwlll?)

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Nacho

Then flips from Dome again when it's pointed out that lynching is anti town because we won't know what happened.

Also, has led the overall direction/theories due to his "knowledge of the show", which makes me wonder to what extent he's inserting himself into the investigation.

And this is without even considering his sketchy voting D1 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

I'd argue that he's not really flipping, but more or less feigning a flip, since he's going back and forth between the same people.

Assuming that he is, then who would you say is doing most of the tunneling off the bat?

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Here is what I am interested in - in the movie you can cause a guy to die up to 2 days later. In the Anime/Rules on wiki, they can die up to *19* days later. If Dome is deathnote'd, how does that mechanic work in mafia?

If I had the deathnote and knew I could make town spend a good amount of time on a red herring, I for sure would do it.   

I mean, yeah, initially, to cause confusion, I get it.  But, it also accrues a series of risks.  You know, Death Note your faction, then have them die on Day 15 or some ****, when the game will clearly be over.  Or, if you do a delayed death note, that person might die from other means and then you essentially wasted your resource for the sake of wasting the Town or someone else's resource.  At a certain point, extending the game that long is detrimental unless you play perfectly.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Nacho

Nacho is way way down on my list right now. But even if you feel he is scum, he wouldnt be the best D1 lynch simply because he is our best resource for the source material.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

If you feel that serious about it, you should have let it play out a little more. You stopped that conversation when it was basically just TKN and whoever said ET80 (mwlll?)

(maybe there is a reason for that)

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

Could be, but flipping votes randomly is probably the easiest things to do. If you felt like people believe that “flipping often is more of a town read” how hard would that be to fake?

And it didn’t really start until after the purpose of his initial votes were questioned.

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Nacho is way way down on my list right now.

Noted

Just now, Matts4313 said:

But even if you feel he is scum, he wouldnt be the best D1 lynch simply because he is our best resource for the source material.

If he's scum, it's always the best lynch, regardless of who our source is. As for your logic, I can see your transparent attempt to get you in the clear today too since you'd consider yourself another tremendous asset to town with your source material as well.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Could be, but flipping votes randomly is probably the easiest things to do. If you felt like people believe that “flipping often is more of a town read” how hard would that be to fake?

And it didn’t really start until after the purpose of his initial votes were questioned.

It definitely had a Counselor/Orca Wild West vibe from last game.

I'd also point out that not long after this, Dome was attacked, and Nacho's theories and those who ran with them spiraled for the next 27 pages.

4 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I mean, yeah, initially, to cause confusion, I get it.  But, it also accrues a series of risks.  You know, Death Note your faction, then have them die on Day 15 or some ****, when the game will clearly be over.  Or, if you do a delayed death note, that person might die from other means and then you essentially wasted your resource for the sake of wasting the Town or someone else's resource.  At a certain point, extending the game that long is detrimental unless you play perfectly.

On the flipside, they could have delay-deathnoted a civ and hoped he would draw civ moves away from scum and create a distraction for town. 

• Like 1