**TCMD** - Keeper Discussion Thread

ny92mike

So I did a quick check on what the cap would look like if we only did a 6 round position draft the league average available cap would be around 45 million. 

Unless I get some objections about reducing the pos. draft to only 6 rounds possibly 7, I'm running with it.

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

You still have several pos. groups to pick as soon as you can.

QB

RB/FB

ILB/LB

ST

HERE IS WHAT IS AVAILABLE.

TEN - QB
HOU - RB/FB
SEA - TE
ARI - OT
MIA - EDGE
BAL - ILB/LB
JAC - SAFETY
IND - CB
ARI - ST
ATL - ST
BAL - ST
BUF - ST
CHI - ST
CIN - ST
HOU - ST
IND - ST
JAC - ST
LAC - ST
MIA - ST
OAK - ST
TB - ST
TEN - ST

Ten qb

Hou RB

Bal lb

ATL st

• Like 1

OK those final cuts should get me under the 90 man roster and the Salary cap listed. 

I could probably do more and will do so if we do a FA portion of the test.

I mean I have 5 QB's and 2 Punters still and a lot of higher priced guys to where I could make a lot of room if needed.

Oh and 16-0 baby.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I see you're at 83 and over the cap, can you see yourself cutting some higher priced players from that roster to get under the cap?

Yeah I’ve got a couple I could cut 

do I have to cut $25 million or the $43 million? A touch confused by the two numbers 

Edited by EaglesPeteC

@EaglesPeteC

Those latest cuts still leave you -6 million over, but that's ok.  Looking over all the other teams it's pretty safe to say that this positional draft is putting so much talent on these rosters that the cuts we're making, self included, we're mostly just cutting the minimum value players.  I'm thinking by cutting this position draft in half and shifting to a free agency after most if not all the teams will be in the green.  

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@EaglesPeteC

Those latest cuts still leave you -6 million over, but that's ok.  Looking over all the other teams it's pretty safe to say that this positional draft is putting so much talent on these rosters that the cuts we're making, self included, we're mostly just cutting the minimum value players.  I'm thinking by cutting this position draft in half and shifting to a free agency after most if not all the teams will be in the green.  

how are you seeing the FA process going?   Are the players that are in FA going to have 0 salary and contracts and we would be submitting bids for them to set the contract?  OR would it be a bidding for the contract the player already has with a "bidding units" process of some sorts?