~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

It is great writing. You don't need anything else yet. Everything in the WWE is generally a very slow build. People are still going crazy over it

Yup.  It's Ronda freakin' Rousey, you can't build her up the way they did Braun or Nia by booking her against jobbers - even if you get great indy workers and literally have her run through them in a minute or less every week, what have these jobber women done to earn a match with such a mega free agent as Ronda.

Ronda is honestly going to end up being a much more natural heel - legitimately, she was just being herself and amping up that personality when she was in her UFC heyday and she was given at least a semi-decent script in whichever Fast & Furious movie she was in and she wasn't bad by any means.  But she's so new and there's still so much hype around her coming in that she's just plainly not going to get booed until she's several major events in.  It's pretty clear they're going to build toward Ronda and Charlotte main eventing a Mania and possibly as soon as MetLife next year.  Charlotte can certainly work that as a heel - since Charlotte is a great heel - but honestly they could do either/or depending on who they want to go over.

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

LBC. If you havent. You might get a kick out of seeing who the Impact champion is.

LOL.  Good for him.  I still feel like this whole Impact/LU partnership is going to end up doing great by Lucha Underground and end up still leaving Impact in its perpetual rut once this runs its course.  Chris DeJoseph is no dummy and he has some absolutely cutthroat producers working for him (and by that I mean, people that have no problem being expletives if it benefits their organization), and he'd have realized when he had leverage and made sure that his guys came out looking stronger in the end game.  The Impact guys - outside of maybe Aries and one of Moose or Eli Drake - who they'll have go over LU guys are probably going to be the ones who are former/still LU guys (Cage, Johnny) - and they'll likely put over the Impact women (particularly Taya and Rosemary) because every since Sexy Star parted with LU, they really haven't had a female wrestler that's had a huge build (other than Taya)... and they can pretty easily rebuild any of them after the season-partnership with Impact because they do intergender matches on the regular.

Anyone else glad they decided to go with Rusev vs. Taker after all instead of shoehorning Jericho into the Casket Match with Taker? Rusev actually stands to benefit from being in a high profile gimmick match against Taker and IMO should get the win. A younger star who's extremely over and could use a rub vs. a past-his-prime wrestler who typically only wrestles once a year, sounds like a no-brainer to me. Though I think we all know what's actually probably gonna happen: Taker buries Rusev in a 5 minute max match. ?

15 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Anyone else glad they decided to go with Rusev vs. Taker after all instead of shoehorning Jericho into the Casket Match with Taker? Rusev actually stands to benefit from being in a high profile gimmick match against Taker and IMO should get the win. A younger star who's extremely over and could use a rub vs. a past-his-prime wrestler who typically only wrestles once a year, sounds like a no-brainer to me. Though I think we all know what's actually probably gonna happen: Taker buries Rusev in a 5 minute max match. ?

I disagree, I don't think Taker should ever lose again. It doesn't make sense to continuously build him as this immortal legendary type of presence and he loses to a midcarder 

I don't think they plan on actually pushing Rusev as a championship contender but I do agree with you in the sense that given he is over, he should get a better draw, but WWE! But it's also not insignificant he was the first to be booked in this match. It's a massive deal, I think. 

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

I disagree, I don't think Taker should ever lose again. It doesn't make sense to continuously build him as this immortal legendary type of presence and he loses to a midcarder 

I don't think they plan on actually pushing Rusev as a championship contender but I do agree with you in the sense that given he is over, he should get a better draw, but WWE! But it's also not insignificant he was the first to be booked in this match. It's a massive deal, I think. 

I agree with you.  At this point, given what Taker is capable of in the ring (or what he's only capable of), I really don't think there's that much rub that would be given to an "up-and-comer" without digging kayfabe up from the grave and going Katie Vick on it.  Taker is one of those few guys out nowaday for whom - among the casual fans - kayfabe still has some semblance of existing; not in the "he's a supernatural being" sense but in the he's the ultimate measuring stick.  The only way someone should go over him at this point is in the manner they've already done twice (people just weren't too happy with who those choices were) - when someone is being anointed as "the guy."  Rusev is absolutely over.  He's not - and I'm a fan of his, but I'm also a realist - remotely close in the pecking order to be "face of the company."  And for that reason there are several others guys who would have a more legitimate claim to be put over by Taker (several who don't need it, but that's kind of where this is a catch-22 situation).  It diminishes Taker to have him put someone over just to "make them a main eventer" or a "champion in the waiting."  Those are the guys that get put over by Cena and Hunter (Shawn did the same thing when he hit the twilight of his career) and to a lesser extent Orton and Jericho.  Taker's on the Hogan/Rock/Flair tier wherein he should only lose to guys who are on or ascending to that same tier.

There's more negative than positive accrued by having anyone not on the face-of-the-company tier go over Taker at this point because Roman and Brock have already gone over him for the limited times he appeared over the last several years.  The only guys you could make a case for are AJ and Daniel Bryan and neither of them really need it - or at least what they gain is marginal at best.  Seth has potential to reach that level but will probably end up in the same strata as the two previously mentioned.  Braun is probably never going to reach that level - he'll come close... Kane/Big Show/Batista level but not tippy-top of the company, so it's best to just keep him as far from feuding with Taker as possible.

Great promo by Cass. His animations with the way he articulates was right up there with being as natural as the Miz. To bad Raw lost him, he could of carried the more drab, monotone faces such as Seth and Balor pretty well through promos.

Archived