~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

4 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

i think they may have just suspended him if he was a good citizen, but all the reports of backstage heat he's gotten over the years...this probably just gave them the added excuse they've been looking for

Honestly I doubt even that.  It's just a bad climate for what he's accused of right now, even if there may be some sketch about his accuser.  Again, their concern is court of public opinion, because that's what their advertisers care about.  Also I think the fact that the incident and initial investigation by the PD was back in October and Enzo didn't tell them about it (assuming he even did and they didn't find out from another source) until now late January, that has to factor in.  I mean, the dates on when this was alleged to have happened and when he was pushed at the expense of Neville (which ended up burning a bridge with Neville that will now likely cost them two guys who were draws) are really darn close.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Honestly I doubt even that.  It's just a bad climate for what he's accused of right now, even if there may be some sketch about his accuser.  Again, their concern is court of public opinion, because that's what their advertisers care about.  Also I think the fact that the incident and initial investigation by the PD was back in October and Enzo didn't tell them about it (assuming he even did and they didn't find out from another source) until now late January, that has to factor in.  I mean, the dates on when this was alleged to have happened and when he was pushed at the expense of Neville (which ended up burning a bridge with Neville that will now likely cost them two guys who were draws) are really darn close.

I probably should have been more specific.  Suspended indefinitely until he's either cleared or fired 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

I probably should have been more specific.  Suspended indefinitely until he's either cleared or fired 

I just don't think they'd want it hanging over their head in what is always their strongest financial quarter.  Being perfectly blunt and cold about it, Enzo isn't a big enough draw to take that kind of risk.  Even fired, he'll still have a no-compete clause to ride out so if this sorts itself out, the optics are way better to fire him now and hire him back later if he's cleared.  If this were Orton or Cena or someone of similar caliber draw, they'd probably go the indefinite suspension route.  Or even if Enzo had come to them in October, he probably could be riding an indefinite suspension right now.  But he just made it too easy for them to use the money argument here and just out and out cut ties.

The Usos vs Gable and Benjamin - 2 out of 3 falls match - The Usos

Seth Rollins And Jason Jordan vs The Bar - The Bar (not sure if the split out and out happens after this match or the next night on RAW, but both guys will be in the Elimination Chamber for the Mania shot at the Universal Championship)

AJ Styles vs Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens - AJ Styles (he's dropped some subtle heelish bits the last couple weeks - and I'm not saying AJ is going full out heel, but that he could play the heel role against a Mania opponent... particularly if it's Nakamura)

Lesnar vs Strowman vs Kane - Lesnar 

Women's Royal Rumble - Asuka (should be a lock; she's legitimately the - promos aside - closest thing they've had to be able to recreate another Stone Cold anti-hero superstar and she needs to be booked the way Austin was in the first Rumble he won)

Men's Royal Rumble - Shinsuke Nakamura (I'm not putting any stock in the article that said WWE Medical cleared DB - if it's true and he is entered at #30, he's winning; otherwise, all signs point to Shinsuke)

Was supposed to be a cruiser weight match, I think that'll be completely scrapped.

Regarding the Possible other matches:

I don't think they do Roman Reigns vs The Miz with no build, also because I don't think they're going to want to have Roman coming into EC on a PPV loss.  More likely, we'll probably see Roman clean house of the MIztourage and possibly even Miz as an interlude to him being eliminated himself... or Miz eliminates him just embracing the fact that (even Vince) they'll recognize that whoever eliminates Roman is going to get a huge pop and Miz can get it and still has the skill to keep himself heel.  We're probably building towards a Miz vs Rollins IC Title match at Mania, IMO.

I do think we get Bobby Roode vs Jinder Mahal - Bobby Roode winning - in one line of thinking because Roode's entrance is too damn long to use in the Rumble unless he's entered at #1 or #2, because it will draw attention of the crowd away from the action in the ring for entirely too long.

@The Gnat you want to do the numbers list for Rumble this year or you want me to do it?  (I can have it up by tonight if need-be)

Vince being so far up his own *** that he can't see this is the stupidest thing possible for him to do (with an endorsement from the most hated and divisive figure of 2017 to boot) is hysterical to me.

I genuinely hope this is what bankrupts him.

Who the hell wants the XFL back, who's gonna bankroll the other teams, and who the hell is gonna wait till 2020 to watch on whatever D-list cable network it's on since NBC sure as hell isn't gonna have it on the WWE Network or anything affiliated with the NBCUniversal brand.

17 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Vince being so far up his own *** that he can't see this is the stupidest thing possible for him to do (with an endorsement from the most hated and divisive figure of 2017 to boot) is hysterical to me.

I genuinely hope this is what bankrupts him.

Who the hell wants the XFL back, who's gonna bankroll the other teams, and who the hell is gonna wait till 2020 to watch on whatever D-list cable network it's on since NBC sure as hell isn't gonna have it on the WWE Network or anything affiliated with the NBCUniversal brand.

It's an absolutely terrible idea and it absolutely will fail but best case scenario is it takes VKM away from WWE and we get to see a more "NXT"y product with Triple H at the helm. He'll probably still stick around just enough to continue screwing things up though.

3 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

It's an absolutely terrible idea and it absolutely will fail but best case scenario is it takes VKM away from WWE and we get to see a more "NXT"y product with Triple H at the helm. He'll probably still stick around just enough to continue screwing things up though.

He's selling this as being "completely separate" from the WWE to his shareholders which is just laughable. The headquarters is literally across the damn street lol.

What I wouldn't give for him to just go away so I could go back to watching the WWE on a regular basis.

Archived