~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

37 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

WWE really messed up the rumble. They shouldn’t have the belt on Charolette right now. She needs to be in the rumble. 

Truth!!!

Im thinking Taker comes back and wins the whole damn thing tonight. One last time....which completely goes against me picking #1 for the challenge but whatever

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

It’s been so obvious they want Reigns Vs Lesnar at mania that maybe they do something different.  Maybe have a raw guy win the rumble and then be like “I want no part of Lesnar”. The Miz would be perfect for this. 

People keeps using "it's too obvious" as an excuse and I have to wonder, "Have these same people been paying attention the past couple years?"  It was blatantly obvious, coming out of Survivor Series in 2016, that they were angling for Brock/Goldberg 2 for the title at Mania last year.  Unless Vince gets a hair up his butt to change something, he's going to arrive at the ending he has planned no matter what.  If anything, Bruce Prichard's podcasts have confirmed this time and time again.

47 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Truth!!!

Im thinking Taker comes back and wins the whole damn thing tonight. One last time....which completely goes against me picking #1 for the challenge but whatever

To face who though?  I think Taker comes back tonight as an entrant, but I don't think it's to win the whole thing.  The match they want is Taker vs Cena.

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

To face who though?  I think Taker comes back tonight as an entrant, but I don't think it's to win the whole thing.  The match they want is Taker vs Cena.

I agree, maybe Cena gets the title somehow and they give Taker one last title run before someone retires him? 

More likely scenarionis Cena eliminates him tonight and that sets up a mania match.

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I agree, maybe Cena gets the title somehow and they give Taker one last title run before someone retires him? 

More likely scenarionis Cena eliminates him tonight and that sets up a mania match.

Highly doubt it.  Taker/Cena doesn't need the title to be huge.  Pointless really to move the title for that purpose.

Actually, I'm expecting Taker to be the one to eliminate Cena.  Even though both are basically faces (OK, Cena's going to get booed by a segment of fans regardless because they think it makes them edgy...), Taker's likely to at least start out this feud as the heel; it won't stick, but it's likely going down that way at first.

Also, I think the new signing in the crowd thing is getting old. Yeah, I get that it keeps you interested in terms of upping the stakes continuously but I don't like wasting debuts like that. Adam Cole's debut was faaaaNNNNtastic. I want more of that in the WWE as a whole. Still salty about Finn Balor's main roster debut

Just now, Troy Brown said:

@The LBC, what is your opinion on NXT being very much head and shoulders above the main shows and why you imagine vince doesn't think that style can be profitable on a larger scale 

It's head and shoulders above largely because they don't put too much emphasis on story to carry rivalries.  Vince is still trying too much to be a television program or "reality TV."

The thing is, Vince is like his buddy Trump, they're 70 year old stubborn-as-mules men, you're not changing them at this point in their lives.  Moreover, they're both convinced they know everything about everything and no one is convincing them otherwise.  What someone did elsewhere (and that includes in NXT) means very little to Vince; he's going to have his initial vision of how he sees someone and if doesn't work, it's on the talent to take the risk and show Vince something different to get him sold on letting them go a different direction.

Sometimes that involves the talent banding together to get one guy they're all confident in over (I think, to some degree, this is what helped AJ finally get the face push that put him in a position to finally crack the Vince-ceiling as someone who can be one of "the guys").  Sometimes it involves someone just doing what Austin and Punk did and NGAF and going into business for themselves (promo-wise).  Vince is very much still in the mold of the old school carnival barker: HE is going to tell the crowd what to like, and do it enough times that eventually they'll either concede or go away.  And there's actually some value in that, except that he undermines himself by continuing the message through the script that they aim to "give the WWE Universe what they want."  Now, that might have worked - i.e. working the audience by giving them something and sell them that that is really what people want - if kayfabe wasn't long dead and we weren't reminded of it regularly by their additional programming (Ride Along, Total Divas, Table of 3, and so on).

Archived