~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

If he plays the XFL smart this time. Its a goldmine.

Think if he can go after, and pay college recruits. Just like the minor leagues do for baseball. Many a fan will watch, and giving young players more than 20 hours of week of training and practice will push them and have the NFL drooling over the players. Biggest problem last time is it only used players not good enough for the NFL. Right formula could leave the league standing strong.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

If he plays the XFL smart this time. Its a goldmine.

Think if he can go after, and pay college recruits. Just like the minor leagues do for baseball. Many a fan will watch, and giving young players more than 20 hours of week of training and practice will push them and have the NFL drooling over the players. Biggest problem last time is it only used players not good enough for the NFL. Right formula could leave the league standing strong.

Vince does not have the money to do this, nor does he have major network backing to bankroll the league this time.

Leagues with real plans and real venues and real goals can't survive because football is an expensive sport. Vince paying DIII kids $10K a year to get their brains beat in on a rec league field for a month or two before he runs out of money is not going to work.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Vince does not have the money to do this, nor does he have major network backing to bankroll the league this time.

Leagues with real plans and real venues and real goals can't survive because football is an expensive sport. Vince paying DIII kids $10K a year to get their brains beat in on a rec league field for a month or two before he runs out of money is not going to work.

I went to LSU. Ive seen players that probably could read and do math at a 4th grade level. And they were stuck at college, not getting paid, 20 hours of practice a week, while stuck in random courses hours a week. Say the XFL could land 10% of the top 500 to start out first couple seasons. They produce, go to the NFL in 3 years, only having to play football, and getting paid doing so. I think it could lead to 20-30% of the top 500 recruits in a short time. Which would help draw viewers if they became a playground for future NFL stars.

First time around. He + NBC spent 35 million. Seems now hes upped that massively on his end alone to 100m.

5 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I went to LSU. Ive seen players that probably could read and do math at a 4th grade level. And they were stuck at college, not getting paid, 20 hours of practice a week, while stuck in random courses hours a week. Say the XFL could land 10% of the top 500 to start out first couple seasons. They produce, go to the NFL in 3 years, only having to play football, and getting paid doing so. I think it could lead to 20-30% of the top 500 recruits in a short time. Which would help draw viewers if they became a playground for future NFL stars.

First time around. He + NBC spent 35 million. Seems now hes upped that massively on his end alone to 100m.

You're vastly underestimating the cost to run a professional sports league, Vince flat out does not have $100M in liquid capital to pour into a sports league, and without a TV network this will die before a single team has a single practice. And it won't get a TV network.

Far more cohesive and well planned leagues than whatever this carny show ends up being failed at being the "NFL's farm system". 

He might have a shot at immediate success though long term it is going to be tough.  If he can get players who will draw that the NFL just won't touch right now

Tim Tebow

Ccolin Kaepernick

Ocho  Cinco

he's got a shot

chances are it'll suck tho unfortunately

Sign-ups for Royal Rumble Entrants

As many will remember, but I'll refresh for the benefit of folks less familiar like @bcb1213, every year to encourage watching Royal Rumble live together as a forum we sign up blindly for Rumble entry numbers and then celebrate/ridicule/complain about the person when it's revealed in the Rumble what (wrestler) entry corresponds to.  It's all a bit of harmless fun to encourage activity, but that doesn't mean someone can't chest-thump if their entry wins the Rumble - even though I can tell you from experience that no one except the person who picked the winner from the previous year ever remembers who they had.

I'll keep this list up-to-date and sign-ups will roll-on until the end of the Rumble kick-off show so that we can use them for both the Men's and Women's Rumble matches.

1) @bigbadbuff23835

2) @Troy Brown

3) @PARROTHEAD

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12) @Adrenaline_Flux

13) @twslhs20

14)

15)

16) @Pastor Dillon

17) @The Gnat

18) @NcFinest9erFan

19)

20) @Texansfan713

21) @DawgX

22)

23) @djw4bucs

24) @1BackInBlackFan

25) @bcb1213

26)

27)

28) @klyon7634

29) @O'Doyle Rules

30) @The LBC

56 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Sign-ups for Royal Rumble Entrants

As many will remember, but I'll refresh for the benefit of folks less familiar like @bcb1213, every year to encourage watching Royal Rumble live together as a forum we sign up blindly for Rumble entry numbers and then celebrate/ridicule/complain about the person when it's revealed in the Rumble what (wrestler) entry corresponds to.  It's all a bit of harmless fun to encourage activity, but that doesn't mean someone can't chest-thump if their entry wins the Rumble - even though I can tell you from experience that no one except the person who picked the winner from the previous year ever remembers who they had.

I'll keep this list up-to-date and sign-ups will roll-on until the end of the Rumble kick-off show so that we can use them for both the Men's and Women's Rumble matches.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

21)

22)

23)

24)

25)

26)

27)

28)

29)

30)

First come, first serve.  No randomization about it.  (If it were actually for something tangible randomization might make sense, but given that no one really knows the order anyway that is our randomization.

Just fire your numbers out and I'll lock them into the list.

Ill stick with 3 again this year.

Heres last years order if anyone is interested.

1 bkobow05
2 I_GET_SAX
3 PARROTHEAD
4 billzz
8 I <3 Faulk
10 SimsZilla
11 DawgX
13 CrashMan510
14 solidvikingfan
15 Pastor Dillon
16 biggio7
17 TheMonarch1110