~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

46 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I appreciated the show for what it was. I mean I’m not sure what more they could have done. We got to see old timers hit a bunch of finishers, and closed out with Braun dominating Brock. Prettt much what we all expected. 

I got to see 3 stunners. I’m good. 

Yeah, I think people build this reunion shows up in their expectations to the point that they simply can't deliver.  No... you weren't going to get the legends working matches or a breaking of PG.  If you expected that, you only have yourself to blame.

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Karl Anderson looks massive when with todays guys. But with Billy Gunn, RoadDogg and such. He doesnt stand out a bit.

Billy and Razor a product of the wrong Era at the wrong time. If theyre prime was today, theyd each be dominating multi time champions.

Scott Hall, definitely.  Billy Gunn?  Nah.  I mean, Vince would push him because of his build, but ever since he hit the needle (and yes, he hit the needle) in the post-Smoking-Gunns years, his ability as a worker diminished to merely alright.  Tanahashi can typically make anyone, regardless of age or size, look good and his matches with Billy were OK, but certainly nothing to write home about and Billy couldn't really get over to save his life even with the nostalgia notoriety. Hall when he wasn't bombed worked circles around the likes of Billy and Roadie.  Honestly, if not for the era that he was in, Billy Gunn likely doesn't become the name that he is nowadays.  And ultimately, Karl Anderson is a bad comparison.  He's basically this generation's Road Dogg minus the drugs; better worker than he's ever given credit for, good on the mic in small doses, very good sell job en route to the hot tag, but nobody is every really looking at them as a singles standout.

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Lol at Maryse as one of the greatest female superstars of all-time. Da fuq 

Multi-time champion and a legit worker.  Also, pretty sure they said Divas.  During the Divas' era, she's in the rung below Michelle McCool, Trish, and Lita, along with Eve Torres.  I want to include Miss Jackie in there, but she can (and has) actually worked with the men, so as far as in-ring product she's actually on a different level.

Honestly, I was a bit surprised not to see Molly Holly considering that she's booked for Sunday, but I guess they're saying that as a surprise.

30 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

What a boring show. We see most of these guys multiple times a year it’s not even special doing so. 

Exactly, that’s why it sucked. Most of these guys we’ve seen recently. Hell I would’ve preferred seeing Mick Foley over DX again.  Hell what’s Gangrel up to? Lol.  They hyped this up to be huge and it sucked.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Exactly, that’s why it sucked. Most of these guys we’ve seen recently. Hell I would’ve preferred seeing Mick Foley over DX again.  Hell what’s Gangrel up to? Lol.  They hyped this up to be huge and it sucked.

Gangrel used to scare the crap out of me as a kid lol.

The only guy I was real happy to see other than Austin, was Christian personally. Big fan of the E&C podcast.

There was a report out there that this show was supposed to be bigger than the RAW after Mania. This was the RAW before the Rumble and it did nothing to make people wanna watch the show. 

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

Scott Hall, definitely.  Billy Gunn?  Nah.  I mean, Vince would push him because of his build, but ever since he hit the needle (and yes, he hit the needle) in the post-Smoking-Gunns years, his ability as a worker diminished to merely alright.  Tanahashi can typically make anyone, regardless of age or size, look good and his matches with Billy were OK, but certainly nothing to write home about and Billy couldn't really get over to save his life even with the nostalgia notoriety. Hall when he wasn't bombed worked circles around the likes of Billy and Roadie.  Honestly, if not for the era that he was in, Billy Gunn likely doesn't become the name that he is nowadays.  And ultimately, Karl Anderson is a bad comparison.  He's basically this generation's Road Dogg minus the drugs; better worker than he's ever given credit for, good on the mic in small doses, very good sell job en route to the hot tag, but nobody is every really looking at them as a singles standout.

In todays landscape where Roman, Kane and Jinder are pushed. I think Billy would fit in and get title shots. Also in todays landscape are the smaller wrestlers. Billy looked more your adv wrestler 20 years ago. Today they call Roman "Big Dog" when hes 6'2-6'3 with Billy being a couple inches taller and heavier. Luke Harper and Rowan are considered monsters today, when theyre the same size as Billy. Look how giant Jinder looks compared to the SD roster. See places that list his real height between 6'2 and 6'4, so Billy would make that roster look like midgets. Thats what I was getting at.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I didnt get having the AJ promo. And following it with the Balor Club and DX.

Imagine the pop if AJ went out there with them. And it would of made a tremendous setup for SD and the Rumble with Owens/Sami having something to worry about.

Yeah, with the odds, I'd expect that's the case and in a day or so we'll see the Daniel Bryan odds drop and other odds shoot up as they get a better idea of what Vince might decide at the last second.

EDIT: Was replying to something earlier, didn't realize there was so much between.

I liked it well enough for the 25th Anniversary show.

I thought that they did a solid job bringing people back and had a few fun moments. I was glad that they had Miz regain the title, made the show feel like it had a little bit more weight, because the rest of it was just basically a nostalgia or poor set-up for the Rumble.

Archived