2019 Trade Deadline/Rumors

BullsandBroncos

Just now, beekay414 said:

Gross af

OMG, are you kidding me? 

I will take that all day. I just wanted international bonus money for Pomeranz. Holy hell. 

Side note....I was on top of the Dubon love from the Giants. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

OMG, are you kidding me? 

I will take that all day. I just wanted international bonus money for Pomeranz. Holy hell. 

Side note....I was on top of the Dubon love from the Giants. 

We also got Ray Black but that's still ******* terrible. 

Attanasio has to have a gun to Stearns' head right now. Otherwise he's lost it. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

We also got Ray Black but that's still ******* terrible. 

Attanasio has to have a gun to Stearns' head right now. Otherwise he's lost it. 

Ray Black has some overpowering fastballs, but he's never gotten the control aspect down. If you get lucky and it finally breaks right for him, it could be a nice move. But he's also 29 years old already, so I think the time of expecting that has probably come and gone. 

On the bright side, despite how high Dubon is ranked in your system, and how much I knew the Giants would want him (and honestly I was of the same mindset because he fills a perfect need), I don't know that he has a great MLB upside. His value is all tied in his average, which is fickle as all get out (Just look at Joe Panik, the guy he's going to be replacing soon). The homers this year appear nice, then you remember it's the PCL and it's kind of meh. 

But I'll take that trade all day. Pomz was always going to be a guy that we signed just to trade at the deadline, and as I said, at 29 years old, I'm done waiting on Black. 

Just now, kyle21121 said:

Did SF get more for Drew than the Jays got for Stro?

No. Dubon is a nice piece, honestly, but LIS, I think he has limited upside at the next level. He's 24/25 already I think, and he's hitting well in the PCL, but everyone does. He's basically just a guy that the Giants really needed, and it's more about his fit within the organization (right handed stick that can platoon with Panik and Crawford in the middle of the diamond, he can play second / short / OF, which the Giants love and could potentially offer immediate assistance this year). 

• Like 1