2019 Trade Deadline/Rumors

BullsandBroncos

49 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

What exactly is the future of Houston’s OF with Springer, Brantley, Marisnick, Alvarez, Tucker, Reddick and Beer?

Both Brantley and Reddick are FA's after 2020.  Springer's last year of arbitration is coming.  So they could have an entirely new OF in 2021.  Also, Yuli Gurriel is a FA after 2020 too.  It definitely seems like they planned for that specific window.  

1 hour ago, Livewire said:

I completely agree. They got fleeced big time by Houston. Then the team was fooled into thinking it was a contender last year when any sensible baseball fan knew that they weren't. Going on a 11 game winning streak right before last year's deadline turned out to be a curse. I want a new GM and manager. Team needs a breath of fresh air. Of course having one of the worst owners, not only in baseball but in all of sports doesn't help either.

The bolded is what scares me about the giants recent run. But my God, I've never been more juiced about baseball in July than I am right now. These bastards are making me believe

Romo and minor leaguer for Lewin Diaz is a really good trade for the Marlins. Diaz struggled last year but he’s easily had the best year of any minor league Twins hitter and seemed like he was finally living up to the potential. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was a September callup for the Marlins this year. He’s been killing it in AA for about a couple months now.

So this starting pitching market is going to be a wasteland now unless the Mets really do ship Thor. Stroman off the market now. Madbum not going anywhere. It's basically Bauer and maybe Minor? It would really suck to be a team who needs a starting pitcher at this deadline. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

So this starting pitching market is going to be a wasteland now unless the Mets really do ship Thor. Stroman off the market now. Madbum not going anywhere. It's basically Bauer and maybe Minor? It would really suck to be a team who needs a starting pitcher at this deadline. 

Gotta imagine Robbie Ray is available. Maybe even Matt Boyd.

Just now, Slateman said:

Gotta imagine Robbie Ray is available. Maybe even Matt Boyd.

Robbie Ray is largely meh to me, but I would agree. And I think that the D-backs have already admitted they will be selling. I suppose there's always the outside shot that Greinke gets moved, so I should have mentioned him at the very least. 

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

Bauer
Minor
Boyd (maybe)
Ray
Greinke
Wheeler
Leake
Nova (lol)
Duffy and Junis (maybe)

Maybe Dylan Bundy too. Rangers should really try to cash in on Lance Lynn's season but I doubt they do.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bauer
Minor
Boyd (maybe)
Ray
Greinke
Wheeler
Leake
Nova (lol)
Duffy and Junis (maybe)

Maybe Dylan Bundy too. Rangers should really try to cash in on Lance Lynn's season but I doubt they do.

Getting hot at the wrong time kind of sucks. I think Bum could have fetched a pretty nice return, even for a rental. I don't love that grouping for the most part. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I...I don't get this deal.

Man, I remember when Arroyo was a highly regarded prospect. AAAA player, seems like. I'm not sure what the Rays are doing at this point. Why move Wood at this point? Especially after acquiring Sogard? Is there something that I'm missing about Wood? 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Getting hot at the wrong time kind of sucks. I think Bum could have fetched a pretty nice return, even for a rental. I don't love that grouping for the most part. 

I want the Brewers to go after Lance Lynn and Zack Wheeler/Robbie Ray. Don't think we have the ammunition to pull off Wheeler/Ray but who the hell knows with the Mets and D'Backs.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I want the Brewers to go after Lance Lynn and Zack Wheeler/Robbie Ray. Don't think we have the ammunition to pull off Wheeler/Ray but who the hell knows with the Mets and D'Backs.

I want you guys to come get Will Smith. Even still. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Man, I remember when Arroyo was a highly regarded prospect. AAAA player, seems like. I'm not sure what the Rays are doing at this point. Why move Wood at this point? Especially after acquiring Sogard? Is there something that I'm missing about Wood? 

I think Arroyo is more than a AAAA player. He really hasn't gotten much of a chance at the MLB level. I'd like to see him get an extended chance somewhere. Think he's out for the season this year though.