2019 Trade Deadline/Rumors

BullsandBroncos

20 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

I was going to suggest Zack and a third of his remaining salary covered for Waters, Wright and another top-10guy.  He’s still an ace but I don’t expect more than one elite guy back given his age.  The Braves and Brewers aren’t on his NTC but the Phillies are.

You wouldnt get Waters for a third of his salary. He is owed $132.5 million in future.

Doesnt matter anyway. Braves arent going to add a starter. Its going to be bullpen guys.

26 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

You wouldnt get Waters for a third of his salary. He is owed $132.5 million in future.

Doesnt matter anyway. Braves arent going to add a starter. Its going to be bullpen guys.

The 62+ mil in deferred payments are stuck being paid by AZ from 2022-26,  His trade-able remaining salary is around 85m.

Good job TLR/Stewart.  

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

The 62+ mil in deferred payments are stuck being paid by AZ from 2022-26,  His trade-able remaining salary is around 85m.

Good job TLR/Stewart.  

Are you sure? Ive read that the deferred payments will go with the player if he is traded.

Trade Package 1

Austin Riley, Kyle Wright, Patrick Weigel, Greyson Jenista, and Travis Demeriette

for

Noah Syndergaard and Edwin Diaz

Trade Package 2

Ian Anderson, William Contreras, Bryse Wilson, Huascar Ynoa, and Justin Dean

for

Noah Syndergaard and Edwin Diaz

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

Mets will trade within the division but not with the Yankees? Lmao.

More worried about tabloids than competition

I dont think they'll wind up moving him. It makes no sense actually and would serve to be more of an indictment of their system than anything else. Unless they ship him off to some perennial "got no shot" loser, the guys gonna produce.

Young, RH power pitcher, with good career numbers, cheap. Just the guy you trade away eh?

It makes no sense to me.