2019 Trade Deadline/Rumors

BullsandBroncos

14 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Are you sure? Ive read that the deferred payments will go with the player if he is traded.

The Diamondbacks were still paying multiple players from the 01’ championship team up until 2014.  I don’t think it can be moved.

Regardless nobody is taking payments 7-8 years down the road for a player who won’t be there but Greinke still has a lot of value to teams if they’re paying him less than 20m a year.

2.93 ERA - 0.948 WHIP - 7.24 BB/K (career best) - 3.4 fWAR

Can someone explain why Derek Holland and cash considerations were traded to the Cubs for cash considerations? 

Does that mean the giants gave the Cubs actual money and the Cubs gave the giants some of their international bonus money? I can't think of another reason why both teams would trade cash

10 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Can it be Wednesday already? Yankees starters effing suck.

Ha! This made me laugh....thanks for that....but its true. They have been getting shelled recently, but are still 6+4 in the last 10 and since the All Star break had series wins against TOR, COL, TB + MN. They'll have to take the next two against BOS to break even on this series. I find myself sitting on this trade deadline like I sat on Kawhi's decision....and wondering if I'll be similarly disappointed. Only time will tell.

12 hours ago, N4L said:

Can someone explain why Derek Holland and cash considerations were traded to the Cubs for cash considerations? 

Does that mean the giants gave the Cubs actual money and the Cubs gave the giants some of their international bonus money? I can't think of another reason why both teams would trade cash

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 4:46 PM, August4th said:

I hope the Pirates trade Vazquez for a huge haul

also see what they can get for Marte...

I'm fully prepared to be disappointed especially after what they go for Cole. Lots of LA rumors for Vazquez.

54 minutes ago, Livewire said:

I'm fully prepared to be disappointed especially after what they go for Cole. Lots of LA rumors for Vazquez.

Must be hard as a pirates fan to trade Garrett Cole for scraps meanwhile Chris archer is a shell of his former self and Austin medows and glasnow are out there tearing it up. 

Those two trades should get your GM fired tbh 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Must be hard as a pirates fan to trade Garrett Cole for scraps meanwhile Chris archer is a shell of his former self and Austin medows and glasnow are out there tearing it up. 

I completely agree. They got fleeced big time by Houston. Then the team was fooled into thinking it was a contender last year when any sensible baseball fan knew that they weren't. Going on a 11 game winning streak right before last year's deadline turned out to be a curse. I want a new GM and manager. Team needs a breath of fresh air. Of course having one of the worst owners, not only in baseball but in all of sports doesn't help either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N4L said:

The Bryan Reynolds for McCutchen deal looks to be working out pretty well for them. 

I wonder if the Pirates would consider trading Corey Dickerson. He could be a shot in the arm rental that doesn't cost high prospects.