2019 Trade Deadline/Rumors

BullsandBroncos

I agree about the light offer. I commented as such in the Stroman thread.

Frankly, I think Stroman is underrated. Everyone wants guys who strike guys out right now. Stroman has been a damn good pitcher in a division that has three hitter-friendly ball parks with pretty great offenses. Stroman is getting people out and that's all you can ask of your pitchers.

• Like 1

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic writes that Ervin Santana has been scratched from his start with the Mets' Triple-A affiliate for Tuesday night.

Noah Syndergaard is scheduled to start Tuesday night for the major league club against the White Sox, so it's only natural to speculate on a possible connection. It's also possible he could step in for Zack Wheeler in the event of a trade. At the very least, the Mets could be guarding against the possibility of a change in plans. Stay tuned. Santana, 36, holds a 4.01 ERA over eight starts in Triple-A

Edited by flyguy1609

Was just about to post that about MadBum. 

Could be good, Astros stlil have a monster farm system, right? IF nothing else, maybe it shakes the Yanks enough that they have no choice but to offer up someone like Frazier for a rental. Who knows. 

14 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

We got Hatch. Evens out for the return in the Stroman trade haha

Anyways Smoak, Giles, Glavis and perhaps Bigiani need to be moved I think. Who wants what?

Terrible timing for the elbow stuff with Giles.  Nobody is going to give close to what the previous asking price was. 

If the Jays move Hatch to the bullpen full time, he may be able to help out the big league team at some point in middle relief.  He's not a SP, though.

9 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Terrible timing for the elbow stuff with Giles.  Nobody is going to give close to what the previous asking price was. 

If the Jays move Hatch to the bullpen full time, he may be able to help out the big league team at some point in middle relief.  He's not a SP, though.

It is the absolute worst indeed. All im hearing is it’s minor but it’s still worrisome. But hey with this management we’ve traded all our other assets for $0.50 on the dollar or below I’m kinda used to it. Get something get a lotto ticket. 

That’s basically what I’ve read on Hatch ceiling is a #5 but likely a long reliever. 3 pitches. Solid stats in AA already 24 turning 25 maybe he goes right to AAA for us and we see him in September or something. 

Joel Sherman:  The Reds are trying for Bauer as Ken Rosenthal 1st reported. I have lived thru a lot of wacky deadlines, but if the best 2 pitchers traded this year go to under .500 teams on the edge of wild card races in the Mets (Stroman) and Reds, then this would be the craziest.