2019 Trade Deadline/Rumors

BullsandBroncos

Pomeranz has looked good since he got put in the pen a couple weeks ago, but you have to think the Brewers, with only 4 starters, are going to put him in their rotation at least until some of the other guys get healthy. oof.

10 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

This is lowkey phenomenal if you know the history between Strickland and Harper. Now they are in the same division. Lovely. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

No. Dubon is a nice piece, honestly, but LIS, I think he has limited upside at the next level. He's 24/25 already I think, and he's hitting well in the PCL, but everyone does. He's basically just a guy that the Giants really needed, and it's more about his fit within the organization (right handed stick that can platoon with Panik and Crawford in the middle of the diamond, he can play second / short / OF, which the Giants love and could potentially offer immediate assistance this year). 

Thank god I saw he was their #3 prospect and panicked for a minute. It would have been very depressing if Drew Pomeranz got a better return than Stro for sure. 

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Nah ISWT. 

He built a NL Central winning team in 3 years out of scraps. This weird pivot year doesn't change the ridiculous success he's had.

He got us to the apex but doesn't seem like he's going to be able to sustain it. Not with this deal and the Schoop deal (though that one isn't as bad).

ESPECIALLY if we put Pomeranz in the rotation. Then we're just a ******* dumb franchise.

Just now, beekay414 said:

He got us to the apex but doesn't seem like he's going to be able to sustain it. Not with this deal and the Schoop deal (though that one isn't as bad).

ESPECIALLY if we put Pomeranz in the rotation. Then we're just a ******* dumb franchise.

No one could sustain it. We're the smallest market in baseball.

Even Billy Beane couldn't keep the A's good every year, and that's when the rest of baseball was dumb as ****.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No one could sustain it. We're the smallest market in baseball.

Even Billy Beane couldn't keep the A's good every year, and that's when the rest of baseball was dumb as ****.

So don't force deals then and sell assets like Grandal and Moose when you have the chance, rather than making a barren farm system even more barren for scraps.

Just now, beekay414 said:

So don't force deals then and sell assets like Grandal and Moose when you have the chance, rather than making a barren farm system even more barren for scraps.

I don't like this but I also didn't like us trading Philips and Jorge Lopez and some other guys. We've had a decent track record on shipping out bad prospects.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't like this but I also didn't like us trading Philips and Jorge Lopez and some other guys. We've had a decent track record on shipping out bad prospects.

But we all knew Phillips and Lopez weren't worth their rankings and seen them in the bigs before moving them. We never even got a taste of Dubon because we'd rather give Tyler ******* Saladino burn. This trade is bad, no matter how you wanna slice it. 

Trading Aguilar at his lowest possible value to land a marginal BP arm is also a bad look. But, at least Faria has some prospect pedigree and team control. 

We didn't get any better as a team today and we lost assets. It's not a good day to be a Crew fan.

Archived