Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dawgpoun8017

Nick Chubb ain’t no Scrub

Recommended Posts

The thing that most impressed me about Chubb last season is his vision behind the line of scrimmage to find the opening, but then.....

The man has elite acceleration with a high top end speed. Once he finds the hole, he is at top speed in about three steps. Hard for defenses to adjust to that.

Plus, LOL, he follows his downfield blocking well. Re: the 92 yarder. Halfway down the field is Callaway with a big indicator "GO LEFT! GO LEFT!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without getting too ahead of ourselves, based on what we saw last season he really doesn’t have any weaknesses when it comes to running the ball.

He showed great vision, very good power, surprising top end speed, etc.

Now, it was a small sample size but if he continues to play like he did last season he should be a consistent 1200 yard back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Without getting too ahead of ourselves, based on what we saw last season he really doesn’t have any weaknesses when it comes to running the ball.

He showed great vision, very good power, surprising top end speed, etc.

Now, it was a small sample size but if he continues to play like he did last season he should be a consistent 1200 yard back.

He got 997 in like 8 games.  I think 1200 is too low 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Without getting too ahead of ourselves, based on what we saw last season he really doesn’t have any weaknesses when it comes to running the ball.

He showed great vision, very good power, surprising top end speed, etc.

Now, it was a small sample size but if he continues to play like he did last season he should be a consistent 1200 yard back.

 

7 minutes ago, mistakey said:

He got 997 in like 8 games.  I think 1200 is too low 

I second these motions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

 

I second these motions!

Assuming Browns have few injuries,   I would guess he would be around 1600 rush yds.   12 rush tds.   Probably 50 catches 400yds 3 rec td.    His ypc and ypr should go up with OBJ keeping the safeties deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His burst is insane. He’s one of the guys I really wanted to draft last year. It’s a shame he had so many injuries in college.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chubb won’t get 1600 yards. He’s a monster, but we won’t force feed him the ball enough to get those #’s. And we shouldn’t. Let’s legit split carries with Hunt and preserve Chubb. Plus I don’t really want him to have elite rushing numbers and force us to sign him to some mega deal down the line. 

First-world problems...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

His burst is insane. He’s one of the guys I really wanted to draft last year. It’s a shame he had so many injuries in college.

 

 

I was driving with my wife when the radio station announced the Browns traded Carlos Hyde.   I immediately pulled over,  opened my ffb app and added him.  My wife asked what was wrong.  I said nothing it's a guy thing.  Won my league.  Back to Back. :)

Edited by SweetFancyMoses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Chubb won’t get 1600 yards. He’s a monster, but we won’t force feed him the ball enough to get those #’s. And we shouldn’t. Let’s legit split carries with Hunt and preserve Chubb. Plus I don’t really want him to have elite rushing numbers and force us to sign him to some mega deal down the line. 

First-world problems...

Hunt won't be able to play until Week 10.   8 games plus bye week 7, and you're telling me Chubb has 1000 yards already(based on last year), and then Hunt is coming in and splitting carries 50/50?    Chubb would go ape$hit. Not to mention Hunt won't be in football shape, and will need to be gradually worked in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Hunt won't be able to play until Week 10.   8 games plus bye week 7, and you're telling me Chubb has 1000 yards already(based on last year), and then Hunt is coming in and splitting carries 50/50?    Chubb would go ape$hit. Not to mention Hunt won't be in football shape, and will need to be gradually worked in.

What?

1. Hunt is only missing half the season.

2. You don’t have to be in football shape to eat 10-13 carries in a game. 

3. It’s not up to Chubb to decide who gets carries. 

4. If Chubb were smart he would want a blow. 

5. Do you not think he realizes this will be a RBBC? We signed a 23 year old former NFL rushing yard champion.

 

Chubb will be thrilled that we have a back the caliber of Hunt on the roster. He’d probably be salty if he wasn’t the starter, but that won’t happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

His burst is insane. He’s one of the guys I really wanted to draft last year. It’s a shame he had so many injuries in college.

 

 

This was the play I was talking about earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mistakey said:

He got 997 in like 8 games.  I think 1200 is too low 

There were 3 guys in the league to beat 1200 last year, so that’s a pretty damned decent number tbh.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Chubb won’t get 1600 yards. He’s a monster, but we won’t force feed him the ball enough to get those #’s. And we shouldn’t. Let’s legit split carries with Hunt and preserve Chubb.

This is the other part of it.  Duke should get a few carries and once Hunt comes back he’ll get some.

I think Chubb is great, but we don’t need to ride him like a rented mule, especially in the regular season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chubb is easily one of my favorite Browns. In one of the BTB episodes I liked when someone mentioned fumbles and he said something like, "We don't speak of that word around here." The dude didn't fumble once which shows how good his concentration is.

However, as much as I love him, I don't think 1600 yards rushing is attainable for him. With Freddie and Monken installing more air raid concepts (and the receiving weapons we have), I think we will be passing the ball quite often. Duke will take some carries and then Hunt will later on in the season. I think 1200-1300 yards is more realistic, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×