TV Mafia: Signup and Game Thread-Day three Ends at 9 PM Eastern Saturay

bcb1213

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The weird thing is, I'm fine with Pickle's gut. Its just the things that he thinks ties to "scum" are kind of hard sometimes. 

He argues that Scum throws their vote around - I would actually say the opposite. I think Scum is typically very careful with their votes - they care where their votes are. What they don't care about is who is hanged (in a situation where it's not one of their own). Changing votes often brings unneeded attention. IT's one of the reasons I didn't want to vote Mission in Death Note for those who were still around at the end - I didn't think Matts (whom mission took over from) would flip flop votes at the last second on day 1 in a town on town vote. 

But when a town member red letters another town member (assumption)...scum has their reason to move their vote and take out someone easy with no consequences bc the fall guy is the town that faked it all. 

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

It's not entirely your flip....its that you never backed up that statement "malf and nacho are together".  You also posted "should have lynched dome or dingo". 

Almost like you were trying to get people to remember you were pushing dingo and dome and forget your push of nacho and malf that you never solidified with a vote. 

You’re a lost cause.  You attribute pointless significance to votes, as if they matter at any time prior to 11:59:59 on at the midnight hour.  They are a tool to place pressure, if I feel as though pressure is applied, I see no reason to further it.  You can apply pressure through various means, and if someone receives too much pressure, they shut down.  

I’ve explained my position multiple times, and it contemporaneously makes sense (and is substantiated by what I posted).  But, I assure you, I’m shocked nuance is not your style.

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

But when a town member red letters another town member (assumption)...scum has their reason to move their vote and take out someone easy with no consequences bc the fall guy is the town that faked it all. 

True...but think deeper. Wouldnt it be better to stay on the town with the invest and lynch him, confirming his info...then you get a free lynch the next day? 

I’m scared of being wrong because I make a case for someone being scum, but don’t vote for them.

Maybe if you play the game by looking at nothingn but vote counts, but people are hardly going to forget what I said.

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

Or don’t switch at all because they know it’s a fake red letter and will probably come back town, or be revealed as a gambit 

this angle needs work pickle 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

The weird thing is, I'm fine with Pickle's gut. Its just the things that he thinks ties to "scum" are kind of hard sometimes. 

He argues that Scum throws their vote around - I would actually say the opposite. I think Scum is typically very careful with their votes - they care where their votes are. What they don't care about is who is hanged (in a situation where it's not one of their own). Changing votes often brings unneeded attention. IT's one of the reasons I didn't want to vote Mission in Death Note for those who were still around at the end - I didn't think Matts (whom mission took over from) would flip flop votes at the last second on day 1 in a town on town vote. 

This debate rages on lol

This is what gave Malf away imo last game. He changed his votes without much reason or care for who is lynched 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Of course I don't. It's D1. 95% of the BS "scum reads" are exactly that - BS. Not going to feel great about any vote at this point in time. 

I feel differently.  I don't follow or conform bc it's safe and doesn't matter.  If I don't believe in the vote and won't take responsibility for the consequences that follow then I dont make that vote. Our votes matter despite the odds being very poor d1.

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

True...but think deeper. Wouldnt it be better to stay on the town with the invest and lynch him, confirming his info...then you get a free lynch the next day? 

It could go either way.  The thing is....

Probably everyone thought nacho would be modkilled and the next person on the lynch line axed.  At least that was how I was originally thinking until around 10 till.  That would mean scum jumped on you who claimed town (assuming you are) and then they get to take out 2 town.  When nacho claimed he lied they had to bail off of you bc of the optics. 

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Yeah, that’s what gave Malfatron away last game, as you voted with him when he is lock scum on d2.

He didnt do it D2 from what I saw, I only played 1 hour or so...so swing and a miss Swaggypoo

It was D3...he was vote jumping between you and Tk3 with no reason and saying it had to be Touch as well who was cleared

I do think Orca made a good point on rack, though.  There’s quite a contrast there.

I understand the squire case, particularly with how Malfatron doing that trap to Counselor related to squire.

Forge and Touch seem Town.

Still rocking the Dome, Dingo, Malfatron —> scum train.

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

He didnt do it D2 from what I saw, I only played 1 hour or so...so swing and a miss Swaggypoo

It was D3...he was vote jumping between you and Tk3 with no reason and saying it had to be Touch as well who was cleared

I’m saying he was a virtual lock scum on D2, and you still believed him on D3 when he was flipping everywhere, which you just confirmed.

So yeah, in my face?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I’m saying he was a virtual lock scum on D2, and you still believed him on D3 when he was flipping everywhere, which you just confirmed.

So yeah, in my face?

Believed what? He was lynched...I didnt lynch him because I was 100% accurate he was Picard and thought Tk3 was the best lynch that day and would have been imo...I didnt believe him that he was town...keep digging in the poo