Former Lions Safety Glover Quin declares retirement

TheKillerNacho

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/glover-quin-retiring-from-nfl/

Quin was released by the Lions earlier in the offseason. He started in every game in his six seasons as a Lion, as well as starting in 60 games over four seasons with the Texans to start his career as a 4th-round pick. He was known for being not only an excellent safety, but an ironman.

Despite this, declining play saw him get very little interest in free agency, and thus, he's decided to hang it up. He ends his career with 580 total tackles and 24 interceptions.

Have a good retirement, Glover!

I was somewhat disappointed to see that the Lions had released him before coming to this realization. I have to expect that GQ thought he had more in the tank and wanted to see if he could squeeze out another couple years. He was a fantastic Lion and under appreciated around the league. I wish him nothing but the best. I hope that he'll stick around the team in some capacity.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Not a chance, and I'm a Lions fan... He's one of those guys that are "Hall of very good" but not hall of fame.

Yep, have to agree with this. Maybe a Lions Ring of Honour type of thing but definitely not in Canton.

If Calvin is a questionable HOFer, GQ is definitely not even in that neighbourhood.

26 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Not a chance, and I'm a Lions fan... He's one of those guys that are "Hall of very good" but not hall of fame.

16 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Yep, have to agree with this. Maybe a Lions Ring of Honour type of thing but definitely not in Canton.

If Calvin is a questionable HOFer, GQ is definitely not even in that neighbourhood.

@RuskieTitan

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

...Calvin is a questionable HOFer? What?

I love Calvin. He is one of my all-time favourite Lions. If you listen to a number of pundits, they question his HOF potential based on the duration of his career. Type in "is Calvin Johnson a hall of famer" in Google and there's at least a half dozen articles discussing this topic.

Assuming that you're a Fins fan, I can't complain if someone outside of the Honolulu Blue circle jumps to his defense. I believe he deserves to be there but it's not a lock.

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I love Calvin. He is one of my all-time favourite Lions. If you listen to a number of pundits, they question his HOF potential based on the duration of his career. Type in "is Calvin Johnson a hall of famer" in Google and there's at least a half dozen articles discussing this topic.

Assuming that you're a Fins fan, I can't complain if someone outside of the Honolulu Blue circle jumps to his defense. I believe he deserves to be there but it's not a lock.

He's a lock. Absolutely. If the question was "is he first ballot?" I could maybe see where some people disagree. Heck, I'd disagree with that. I wouldn't listen to what idiots say - CJ is definitely going to make the hall.

And yes, I'm a fins fan.