NBA News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don’t understand in what world Demps can’t talk to his player about a trade request. Paul has no reason to be mad about that, none. Paul outting everything because he’s upset about that is exactly why he’s a clown and a snake.

Funny watching y’all defend him after he dragged AD through the mud. What a great agent.

Because him going directly to AD instead of the owner is complete disrespect to the agent. Players have agents for a reason. Demps could have tried talking to AD later, but not at that time.

And funny how you tried to make up a BS lie on why Paul went public with the trade offer to try to kill him again. 

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Because him going directly to AD instead of the owner is complete disrespect to the agent. Players have agents for a reason. Demps could have tried talking to AD later, but not at that time.

And funny how you tried to make up a BS lie on why Paul went public with the trade offer to try to kill him again. 

Mixed up what happened tbh. It was still Paul getting butt hurt because a GM talked to his player about a trade request and in the process dragged AD through the mud. Demps doesn’t have to wait to ask his star player about a trade request because the agent wants him to, what an unrealistic and stupid request. Eff outta here. 

Its so odd watching random dudes on this board scramble to defend that snake. Never seen an agent make his client look so stupid.

32 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Mixed up what happened tbh. It was still Paul getting butt hurt because a GM talked to his player about a trade request and in the process dragged AD through the mud. Demps doesn’t have to wait to ask his star player about a trade request because the agent wants him to, what an unrealistic and stupid request. Eff outta here. 

Its so odd watching random dudes on this board scramble to defend that snake. Never seen an agent make his client look so stupid.

Uh huh, you just mixed up what happened eh? Nah, more like you wanted to believe whatever would make your story sound better. 

The agent reps the player. Once the player tells the agent he wants out, that's who you deal with. Agent handles all the trade talks and contract negotiations. When a team is negotiating a contract, does the GM call the player to get it done or does he deal directly with the agent? You said Davis could have handled it better by telling the owner and keeping it quiet. Um, that's basically what Paul wanted to do. That's why he called Demps told him AD wants out and to relay it to Benson. Instead of doing that, Demps calls AD instead. 

I’m just surprised you haven't said Paul made Morris turn down the Clippers deal because he didn't want LeBron to have more competition out West….. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Uh huh, you just mixed up what happened eh? Nah, more like you wanted to believe whatever would make your story sound better. 

The agent reps the player. Once the player tells the agent he wants out, that's who you deal with. Agent handles all the trade talks and contract negotiations. When a team is negotiating a contract, does the GM call the player to get it done or does he deal directly with the agent? You said Davis could have handled it better by telling the owner and keeping it quiet. Um, that's basically what Paul wanted to do. That's why he called Demps told him AD wants out and to relay it to Benson. Instead of doing that, Demps calls AD instead. 

I’m just surprised you haven't said Paul made Morris turn down the Clippers deal because he didn't want LeBron to have more competition out West….. 

No, I mixed up the story but tell yourself whatever you need to sweetie.

The fact that you see nothing wrong, even when Rich Paul admitted that he shouldn’t have made everything public is funny. You know Rich in real life or something? You stay mad about this. The guy drag AD through the mud because his ego got hurt by big bad Dell Demps. Dudes a 🤡 but keep on fighting that fight brother. Glad AD ended up where he wanted to be, I like that players have power. Sad that his reputation had to be smeared by his selfish agent for it to happen.

55 minutes ago, showtime said:

Anthony Davis knew what he was doing when he signed Rich Paul last off-season.  This plan was set into motion by Davis.  Rich Paul strong-armed and did when he needed to do with the power he has.

I just think AD can end up in LA without looking like a total jerk. That’s where Rich Paul failed him IMO. The “That’s All Folks” shirt is such a backhand and so out of character.

15 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Players can be misguided. It happens all the time. I don't like Rich Paul. I think he's slimey, and I think first and foremost he puts Lebrons needs above some of his clients. Aka Anthony Davis.

He had no issue making AD look like a total arse if it meant he could force him to LA to be Lebrons side kick. It was tough to watch. The "Thats All Folks" shirt was 100% a Rich Paul move, as AD basically said, and it made him look like an idiot.

Because you have a natural vendetta agaisnt Rich Paul, and quite frankly I'm not sure why.  Maybe it's because he represents LeBron, I don't know.  But the fact is that Rich Paul was the FIRST agent since Carmelo Anthony to get his client to his preferred destination.  When Aaron Mintz was orchestrating Paul George's exit from Indiana, he wanted to go to Los Angeles.  He was dealt to Oklahoma City.  I live in Oklahoma, and OKC is a FAR cry from Los Angeles.  When Kawhi Leonard was trying to get out of San Antonio, he wanted to go to Los Angeles and the Spurs dealt to him to Toronto.  When Anthony Davis wanted to go to Los Angeles, he was dealt to the Lakers.  Rich Paul did exactly what his client (Anthony Davis) wanted him to do.  If Anthony Davis wanted to go to Boston, you'd have had no issues with what Rich Paul was doing.  But because Rich Paul tried to freeze Danny Ainge from moving the necessary assets to land Anthony Davis, Rich Paul is a slime ball.

This whole saga was a bloodbath on both sides.  Trying to pretend otherwise is a joke, and you know it.  There was enough bad moves on both sides.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I just think AD can end up in LA without looking like a total jerk. That’s where Rich Paul failed him IMO. The “That’s All Folks” shirt is such a backhand and so out of character.

How?  Anthony Davis and Rich Paul went up to the FO and ownership early on, and told them that he wanted out.  New Orleans ignored that trade request and brushed it off.  They felt they weren't taking seriously, so it came out publicly.  And that doesn't even change the fact that New Orleans got the most out of their star player until the most recent Paul George trade.  Do we need to go back and revisit the Kawhi Leonard and original Paul George trade?  When the best players in those deals are DeMar DeRozan, Victor Oladipo (who was viewed as a bad contract), Domantas Sabonis, and a heavily protected FPR (Top 20 protected), that's crap for a pair of stars.

11 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yea, I think he hurt his image a bit this season.  He always has been such a nice guy.  But this season, he looked like a tool partly because the image I got from him is that he quit on the Pelicans.  He definitely could have handled the situation differently.  There are just so many factors that you have to consider, though.  For example, the Pelicans were still focused on trying to change Davis' mind and keep him with the Pelicans... even when they hired David Griffin in the off-season, they still tried to meet with Davis to convince him to stay.  Maybe the way he handled things was his way of saying.... Look, this is done.  This decision is un-reversable and I'm going to be uber aggressive about it.

At the end of the day, Anthony Davis is a grown man and I don't think Rich Paul did anything without running it past Davis first.  I agree that the shirt was a really bad decision, but that's a decision Davis made.  Rich Paul can suggest things to him, but Davis has to give the 'okay'.  The shirt and how things were handled was signed off by Davis, so he should be the blame.  All these issues you have with Paul should be on Davis.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Yea, I think he hurt his image a bit this season.  He always has been such a nice guy.  But this season, he looked like a tool partly because the image I got from him is that he quit on the Pelicans.  He definitely could have handled the situation differently.  There are just so many factors that you have to consider, though.  For example, the Pelicans were still focused on trying to change Davis' mind and keep him with the Pelicans... even when they hired David Griffin in the off-season, they still tried to meet with Davis to convince him to stay.  Maybe the way he handled things was his way of saying.... Look, this is done.  This decision is un-reversable and I'm going to be uber aggressive about it.

At the end of the day, Anthony Davis is a grown man and I don't think Rich Paul did anything without running it past Davis first.  I agree that the shirt was a really bad decision, but that's a decision Davis made.  Rich Paul can suggest things to him, but Davis has to give the 'okay'.  The shirt and how things were handled was signed off by Davis, so he should be the blame.  All these issues you have with Paul should be on Davis.

I blame Rich Paul more than I blame AD tbh. I don’t think it’s a coincidence his entire attitude changed once he was a Rich Paul client. I think he was given a lot of horrible advice by a guy he trusts, just one mans opinion.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I blame Rich Paul more than I blame AD tbh. I don’t think it’s a coincidence his entire attitude changed once he was a Rich Paul client. I think he was given a lot of horrible advice by a guy he trusts, just one mans opinion.

I agree that Paul and probably LeBron play a role in all of this.  But to me, when you blame someone else, it's like you're kind of giving a pass to Anthony Davis.  I mean, Davis isn't some 13 year old kid who being manipulated by an agent or some adult.  Davis HAS to take the lion share of the blame.

But at the end of the day, Anthony Davis wanted to be on the Lakers and play with LeBron James and he got his wish.  So, from that point of view, you could say Rich Paul delivered and Davis was right to trust him.

36 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

When the best players in those deals are DeMar DeRozan, Victor Oladipo (who was viewed as a bad contract), Domantas Sabonis, and a heavily protected FPR (Top 20 protected), that's crap for a pair of stars.

Not really. OKC and/or the Pellies will be lucky to get a player as hood as DD or Dipo in any asset they got back. 

I bet a lot of teams would take the Pacers return over either OKC's or NO's. 

11 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Not really. OKC and/or the Pellies will be lucky to get a player as hood as DD or Dipo in any asset they got back. 

Using hindsight, sure.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Using the power of hindsight, sure.