Melvin Gordon ends hold out; to report Thursday

SBLIII

17 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Unless that the eagles have so many injuries to key players (I do not know who is the backup of Wentz if he is injured again, but I do not think this backup will be good as Foles if they need, so Wentz need to stay healthy this time!) I would be very surprised if the eagles have a losing record in 2019.

Outside of the Patriots, the eagles seem to be the most unlikely team in the NFL to finish with a losing record, unless they have a lot of injuries.

We were the most injured team in the league last year, and had a Super Bowl hangover for the first 8-10 games, still finished 9-7 and won a playoff game.

17 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

The Eagles' backup is either Nate Sudfeld, who is solid, or Clayton Thorson, who was my favorite QB - not the one I thought was the best, just the one I liked the most - in the 2018 draft... And then he broke his back and was a 5th or 6th round pick in 2019. Figures.

For the record, Clayton Thorson looks like he might not even make the team at this point. He's been dreadful in camp. Cody Kessler is likely to be the 3rd QB if we keep one as of this moment in time.

17 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

See? This is class. This is how your troll politely. If Howie Roseman hadn't sold his soul to the devil in order to forever have a top 5 offense, I'd also say that they could he a surprise bad team.

Imagine Howie Roseman paired with Bill Belichick.

How does a God sell his soul to the devil??

2 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Unless you have a great oline, rbs just can’t be replaced. If you have a good one, you sign him.

I'll put in the other way around, unless you have someone as crazy good as Barkley or maybe McCaffery, the run game is more predicated on your offensive line than your RB.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Are there any teams  that are currently terrible at runningback?

Terrible? None that look to be on paper now. Honestly I'd say the weakest I see on paper right now is Tampa or Miami, but even they're... adequate. 

Unless a big name goes down with an injury, there won't be a big market for Melvin Gordon on the trade block.

3 minutes ago, kramxel said:

I think he's being really hopeful with his open market value... if this keeps up and he actually hits FA, really wonder if he'll even get offered 10 a year...

Would be a shame if he doesn’t. Cap is going up and contracts for every position also except RB. They should just switch to WR.

3 minutes ago, kramxel said:

I think he's being really hopeful with his open market value... if this keeps up and he actually hits FA, really wonder if he'll even get offered 10 a year...

If Gordon would play and he would have a great season, his chances of getting the contract he wants would be much better.

But if he stays in his house, Gordon could have a bad surprise next March on the open market.

1 minute ago, Steelersfan43 said:

If Gordon would play and he would have a great season, his chances of getting the contract he wants would be much better.

But if he stays in his house, Gordon could have a bad surprise next March on the open market.

At this point he'll have to put on a show from week 8 on,  because it's not likely he shows up sooner.

And even then....

19 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Unless you have a great oline, rbs just can’t be replaced. If you have a good one, you sign him.

I just think the money is better spent elsewhere in most cases.  If your oline isn’t playing at a high level come playoff time, you are unlikely to contend anyway.

In the Chargers case, they’re contenders at this stage, don’t have a developing qb, and don’t have excess cap space.  No brainer imo.  

• 2 weeks later...