Player Discussion Thread

beekay414

36 minutes ago, champ11 said:

don't see him quite being that guy at a high level yet but definitely think he can improve

He definitely has a lot to improve upon to get to that next step. But he will be a focal point this year and I can’t wait to see him game to game. 

26 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

He definitely has a lot to improve upon to get to that next step. But he will be a focal point this year and I can’t wait to see him game to game. 

I think obviously the main concern is his ballhandling and creating/hitting his own shot. I think he will be a stud, but that is a whole different beast. It's a lot easier to attack closeouts and hit spot up jumpers than being the focal point of the offense. Going to be a lot of growth from him this season.

Edited by champ11
  • Like 1

For the Nuggets - once again - the key is Jamal Murray taking a step. If he can become a consistent, all-star level player...I think they can be a true championship contender this year. If not, they will be an elite regular season team that probably doesn't have the level of second option you need to go deep in the playoffs. 

The other key storyline for the Nuggets: Gary Harris and Will Barton bouncing back from their injuries. Both had down years and I am hoping it was related to not bouncing back from their injuries. But both were top 50-75 players in 17-18 and if they can get back to that level the Nuggets will be so good. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

I think obviously the main concern is his ballhandling and creating/hitting his own shot. I think he will be a stud, but that is a whole different beast. It's a lot easier to attack closeouts and hit spot up jumpers than being the focal point of the offense. Going to be a lot of growth from him this season.

You hit the nail on the head. Definitely his biggest weakness. There will be growing pains throughout in that regard but he will be given all the opportunities.