Jump to content
JaguarCrazy2832

Who to Start/Sit Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

Yeah that was a dud all around from the Jets lol. And McCown with a broken hand forcing Petty in just completely ruins Anderson’s value going forward unfortunately. 

I am also going to need to find a TE going forward as I have ASJ and will be moving on from him. 

Also, Petty really likes Robby, so maybe he still has some value. We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, the lone star said:

Also, Petty really likes Robby, so maybe he still has some value. We'll see.

Yeah, I think Anderson will be the best option available on the Jets going forward, but I am fortunate enough to have the pieces that I don't need him. I had the bye this week and after the games, I think this is going to be my starting lineup for next week in a .5PPR:

QB- Bortles
RB-Kamara (please be healthy lol)
RB-Hunt
WR-Green
WR-Evans
TE- Shaheen (going to add him hopefully this week, thanks for the suggestion!)
Flex-Rex Burkhead
Flex-Robert Woods
DEF- Jacksonville

 

Bench-
Anderson
Crowder
Corey Davis
James Conner
Marcus Mariota
One empty spot that I will probably add either Charcandrick West or another handcuff to hold.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I need help for next week with Wentz going out for the year.   My only options are as follows

Foles
Manning
Cutler
Brissett
Hundley (if Rodgers isnt back)

 

My gut tells me to smash my computer and pretend fantasy football doesn't exist.. any suggestions and would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PuppyMcNabb said:

 

I need help for next week with Wentz going out for the year.   My only options are as follows

Foles
Manning
Cutler
Brissett
Hundley (if Rodgers isnt back)

 

My gut tells me to smash my computer and pretend fantasy football doesn't exist.. any suggestions and would be great.

I think Foles might be your best option...gets the Giants so has a nice matchup in his first start in a while. He has the best offense around him of those you listed.

Since week 4, Eli has only gone over 15 points one time, and that was against the crappy 49ers when he scored a whopping 16. In that same time frame, he has 5 games where has scored under 10 points.

Brissett is hard to trust against a Broncos D on a short week that is coming in fired up after getting the shutout in their last game.

 

I think something could change the Foles decision for me if Hundley does indeed start, he might become an option but its just hard to trust him. He has 3 games over 15 points since taking over but also 2 games under 10. Including a 7 point stinker against a solid matchup against TB. If you want the guy who has been playing, Hundley would be the option. Otherwise I say go with Foles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in a DEEP league both in terms of number of teams (16) and in terms of roster spots (7 bench spots, so most teams carry a backup QB, but I foolishly haven't)

 

Wentz has been my QB and thanks to getting him late on I've gone 9-4 and am the 3rd seed. I won my first playoff game yesterday, so will be on the road to the second seen in the semi-final next week. It's standard scoring on ESPN, no PPR, and the home team in wildcard games and the semi-finals get a 5 point headstart.

 

My choices to sign off the waivers are:

 

Joe Flacco: At QB26, he's the highest scoring QB that's available. He's also coming off his two best games of the season and is playing the Browns, so he looks like a favourite.

Trevor Siemian: Playing the Colts. He's played decently in 2 of the last 3 games but was dreadful in Miami in the middle. He's also playing on TNF, so the gameplan may be more vanilla.

Mitchell Trubisky: At Detroit and coming off his best game of the season

Blaine Gabbert: At Washington

Webb/Peterman: If Taylor is still out, the Bills are at home to Miami

TJ Yates: In Jacksonville, who are the best defense in the league

 

Even guys like Brisset and Kizer are rostered in this league. My gut feeling is Joe Flacco, does everyone agree?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I'm in a DEEP league both in terms of number of teams (16) and in terms of roster spots (7 bench spots, so most teams carry a backup QB, but I foolishly haven't)

 

Wentz has been my QB and thanks to getting him late on I've gone 9-4 and am the 3rd seed. I won my first playoff game yesterday, so will be on the road to the second seen in the semi-final next week. It's standard scoring on ESPN, no PPR, and the home team in wildcard games and the semi-finals get a 5 point headstart.

 

My choices to sign off the waivers are:

 

Joe Flacco: At QB26, he's the highest scoring QB that's available. He's also coming off his two best games of the season and is playing the Browns, so he looks like a favourite.

Trevor Siemian: Playing the Colts. He's played decently in 2 of the last 3 games but was dreadful in Miami in the middle. He's also playing on TNF, so the gameplan may be more vanilla.

Mitchell Trubisky: At Detroit and coming off his best game of the season

Blaine Gabbert: At Washington

Webb/Peterman: If Taylor is still out, the Bills are at home to Miami

TJ Yates: In Jacksonville, who are the best defense in the league

 

Even guys like Brisset and Kizer are rostered in this league. My gut feeling is Joe Flacco, does everyone agree?

 

Yeah, roll with Flacco. He put up 217 yards passing and 2 TDs against the Browns in week 2 and the offense is pretty well improved from where it was in week 2. I am not a Siemian fan. He could drop a 20 spot, but he could also sneeze and be out for the entire game. Tough to trust a rookie on the road who couldn't crack 10 points against the 49ers at home. Gabbert has gotten worse fantasy wise in each of his 4 starts this season. Wouldn't trust Webb or Peterman at all. And Yates isn't an option for me against the Jags.

Sucks this happened now, but I think the smartest play is Flacco. If you really don't want to go with Flacco, Siemian would be the next "best" option for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st Week of Playoffs - Full Pt PPR

Trying to decide what players to start.  Any thoughts?  

WRs - Pick 3 

Antonio Brown - NE

AJ Green - @MIN 

Brandin Cook - @PIT

Josh Gordon - BAL

Tyreek Hill - LAC

Marquise Goodwin - TEN

I am going to play Brown, but not sure on the other two.  I  was thinking Goodwin and Cook.  Would like to play Green, but MIN is pretty tough. 

RBs - Pick 2

Todd Gurley - @SEA

Dion Lewis - @PIT

Jay Ajayi - @NYG

Peyton Barber - ATL

This is probably my toughest decision.  Would love to start Gurley with confidence, but he had 4 pts against Seattle previously.  I will probably start him.  Ajayi might be the best bet at the 2nd spot.  


QBs - Pick 1

Phillip Rivers @KC

Aaron Rodgers @CAR - assuming that he plays

I worried about the rust if Rodgers plays.  Rivers playing so well right now makes it tough.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, UnitedInOrgange said:

1st Week of Playoffs - Full Pt PPR

Trying to decide what players to start.  Any thoughts?  

WRs - Pick 3 

Antonio Brown - NE

AJ Green - @MIN 

Brandin Cook - @PIT

Josh Gordon - BAL

Tyreek Hill - LAC

Marquise Goodwin - TEN

I am going to play Brown, but not sure on the other two.  I  was thinking Goodwin and Cook.  Would like to play Green, but MIN is pretty tough. 

RBs - Pick 2

Todd Gurley - @SEA

Dion Lewis - @PIT

Jay Ajayi - @NYG

Peyton Barber - ATL

This is probably my toughest decision.  Would love to start Gurley with confidence, but he had 4 pts against Seattle previously.  I will probably start him.  Ajayi might be the best bet at the 2nd spot.  


QBs - Pick 1

Phillip Rivers @KC

Aaron Rodgers @CAR - assuming that he plays

I worried about the rust if Rodgers plays.  Rivers playing so well right now makes it tough.  

 

 

Some tough matchups for the WR's, but I just couldn't sit AJ Green. Hard choice between Gordon and Cooks.

Which QB to start

Kirk Cousins vs. Cardinals

Garoppolo vs. Titans

Bortles vs. Texans

Foles @Giants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm inclined to roll the dice on Files. It's unfortunate,  but Wentz had fantasy gold match ups vs Giants and Raiders coming up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

Some tough matchups for the WR's, but I just couldn't sit AJ Green. Hard choice between Gordon and Cooks.

Which QB to start

Kirk Cousins vs. Cardinals

Garoppolo vs. Titans

Bortles vs. Texans

Foles @Giants

I like your picks for @UnitedInOrgange, would maybe go with Lewis over Ajayi, but with Wentz out, they may lean more on Ajayi.

 

For your QB spot, Bortles is the guy. He has been on fire lately and has a great matchup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

I think Foles might be your best option...gets the Giants so has a nice matchup in his first start in a while. He has the best offense around him of those you listed.

Since week 4, Eli has only gone over 15 points one time, and that was against the crappy 49ers when he scored a whopping 16. In that same time frame, he has 5 games where has scored under 10 points.

Brissett is hard to trust against a Broncos D on a short week that is coming in fired up after getting the shutout in their last game.

 

I think something could change the Foles decision for me if Hundley does indeed start, he might become an option but its just hard to trust him. He has 3 games over 15 points since taking over but also 2 games under 10. Including a 7 point stinker against a solid matchup against TB. If you want the guy who has been playing, Hundley would be the option. Otherwise I say go with Foles.

I would not go with Huntley simply because that Panthers D has been playing well and it doesn't get any better with Minny right after.

Those are tough match ups for any QB, much less Hundley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Carr vs dallas, jimmy g vs tennessee, foles @ giants?

Jimmy G...Bortles if available too.

Return favor in Keysers thread please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in the semi finals thanks to my opponent starting jimmy g over big ben.  

 

need help choosing a wr2.    robby anderson or marquis goodwin.  im starting the titans defense vs niners.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×