Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

Andy Herman: Pretty quiet start today. Lots of drill work & jog throughs. Some players who looked sharp in receiving drills:

Darrius Shepherd
Jace Sternberger
Robert Tonyan
Davante Adams

Boyle was also very accurate in receiver drills. Kizer has not had a strong start to camp at all.

Aaron Nagler: I don’t know what’s going to happen when the pads come on, but Zadarius Smith is CONSTANTLY in the backfield during team drills.

Kizer hits EQ on a bomb over Tony Brown in his first throw in team work. Kizer hits EQ on a DEEP post and the offense goes nuts. Qb2 threw a dime.

Andy Herman: Kizer a bomb to EQ for a touchdown on his first rep. He missed EQ yesterday, comes back with a dime today. Big play. EQ won deep for the 2nd day in a row.

(Beware EQ this year my friends......)

Edited by Leader

Andy Herman:

Team time:

Lowry with a big time run stuff on Aaron Jones.

Toss to Jones and Blake shoots through for a stop.

Quick tempo from call in the huddle to the line but it was just an attempt to draw the DE  offsides, no dice. Za’Darius shoots through the line for a would be sack.

Edited by Leader

Andy Herman:   Aaron with a bomb to MVS but Jaire was ALL over it. Breaks it up and almost comes down with a 1-handed pick.

Dexter Williams cuts back nicely before he ran into Rashan Gary who was on the edge waiting for him. Nice run by Williams.

46 minutes ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse:  After adding former Wisconsin DL Olive Sagapolu, the Packers now have two of Bruce Feldman's top four "Freaks" from the 2018 college football season. Sagapolu was No. 4. Rashan Gary was No. 1.

Sagapolu is a good pick up, won't make 53 man roster, but practice squad guy to develop.

Ross Uglem:   Athletically, Gary is as advertised. I believe the phrase is “quick twitch”

Andy Herman:

Fackrell with a little pressure vs Light.
Keke loses rep 1, better rep 2.
Patrick gets the best of Lancaster twice.
Jenkins and Looney with a good battle 2x.
Gary is so damn good. Spriggs no chance.
Spriggs does better rep 2 but Gary powers through it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

So Ficken sucks. How we had Cole Tracy (the best kicker I've watched in college) in minicamp and decided to stick with the career journeyman tells me we're not really interested in an actual kicking competition. Crosby is the kicker.

Is Cole Tracy gone?  If so, has he signed with anyone?

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ross Uglem:   Athletically, Gary is as advertised. I believe the phrase is “quick twitch”

Andy Herman:

Fackrell with a little pressure vs Light.
Keke loses rep 1, better rep 2.
Patrick gets the best of Lancaster twice.
Jenkins and Looney with a good battle 2x.
Gary is so damn good. Spriggs no chance.
Spriggs does better rep 2 but Gary powers through it.

Good start for Gary! Exciting!

Andy Herman:

More team work: Rodgers to Allison on a quick pass, nice route from 81, super quick throw from 12.
Fake jet to MVS - Davante cooks King - easy money from 12. Davante doing Davante things.
King continues to struggle with in breakers.
Rodgers to Baylis who fumbles but recovers.
Manny Wilkins with a very nice post throw to J’Mon who had separation, makes a move in the open field and makes a huge play. Best play by J’Mon In camp so far.
Sullivan almost picks Boyle on a slant. Ball was bobbled a few times, good play by Chandon.

Tim Boyle wirh a ridiculous starter level throw to hit Davante Adams for a big gain. Fantastic anticipation and Adams made a great adjustment and catch. It is ridiculous how much the game has shown down for Adams.
Boyle w/another huge anticipation throw to a sliding Kumerow!

Aaron Nagler:

Outstanding timing throw from Rodgers to Adams in team. Thrown well before Adams made his break, dropped into a hole in the zone. Money.
Great recovery by Adrian Amos on a deep throw to Adams from Rodgers. Bit under thrown, but great job by Amos to knock it away.

Edited by Leader

Fadol Brown apparently having himself a day. He closed out 2018 with a really good effort against the Lions. Wondered if he might be a player to watch but with guys like that they rarely keep it up the following year. Still too early to learn anything but I'll be watching him as we hit preseason.