Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

Pack added Corey Grant, formerly of Jax. Actually picked him up on my fantasy team one week last year when he was supposed to start due to Fournette being out. It was the same game Grant had the Lisfranc injury on like the fifth play of the game....

15 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I have never cared about UDFAs.  The most I’ll ever do is pick one with the coolest sounding name and then forget the rest.

I look at the dude with the most size/length/athleticism and peg him for the ps. 

Edited by HyponGrey

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:
Pack added Corey Grant, formerly of Jax. Actually picked him up on my fantasy team one week last year when he was supposed to start due to Fournette being out. It was the same game Grant had the Lisfranc injury on like the fifth play of the game....

Rotoworld: Packers signed RB Corey Grant.

Grant, 27, suffered a Lisfranc injury in Week 5 with the Jaguars last season and missed the rest of the year. In 2016-2017, Grant registered 62 carries in a very limited role and turned them into 412 yards (6.65 YPC) and three touchdowns. He's also flashed in the receiving game and been a mainstay on special teams in his career. Grant has a real shot to make the roster.

Here's a question for you fellas that know far more than I about what is or may be available around the league:

Are there any viable backup QB's around the league that are available or might become available during TC in case the Packers front office finally comes around to the idea that we don't have a real answer at backup QB?

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Rotoworld: Packers signed RB Corey Grant.

Grant, 27, suffered a Lisfranc injury in Week 5 with the Jaguars last season and missed the rest of the year. In 2016-2017, Grant registered 62 carries in a very limited role and turned them into 412 yards (6.65 YPC) and three touchdowns. He's also flashed in the receiving game and been a mainstay on special teams in his career. Grant has a real shot to make the roster.

If the Packers keep four RBs, Grant is a great addition. He's a ST maven and probably has the best hands among any of our backs.

7 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Here's a question for you fellas that know far more than I about what is or may be available around the league:

Are there any viable backup QB's around the league that are available or might become available during TC in case the Packers front office finally comes around to the idea that we don't have a real answer at backup QB?

Not really what you asked

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB

But that's supposed QB depth charts for every team that might help someone find candidates

• Like 2

I remember Grant ripping off chunk plays in the passing game against New England in that 2018 AFC Championship Game. They had no answer for him, but for some reason Jacksonville went away from it, and as we all know the rest is history. Hopefully Hackett has learned his lesson.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This is the kind of guy that has a real shot at unseating Trevor Davis.

So, what does Grant do on special teams? We know that McCarthy and Thompson would keep guys based on special teams:  Bush, Goodson, Janis.  Gute is a TT disciple, MLF is an unknown.  

If we are going with more RBs, TEs, and FBs for LaFleur's offense, we may see a WR group of:  Adams, Allison, MVS, St Brown, and Davis for special teams; and cut bait with the rest.

7 minutes ago, Chili said:

Well....that means someone got cut!! :o

Maybe he just snuck on the field

We added guys to the nfi list yesterday. Isn't that what this is?Croz and Josh Jackson

Edited by Norm